Drive Hard 6.0

Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe I will remember this trip for long time...first, I had Tornado almost at the last stage, second, but most important, my first lead in Liwa, third, Tornado on single drive in al Qasr area.....
Starting from the beginning, I got Tornado at 8.15 pm from the workshop, not completely ready, but nothing mechanical, only body work, that means no worries!
Went home, threw some stuff in the car, met Roby, Strawb, Sarookh and Rashid, and drove more than 3 hours to the meeting point.
We reached around 1 in the night, since we were very tired just a few minutes to say hello to everybody and than I jumped in the tent, but since I forgot many things at home and the night was quite cold, I couldn't sleep well, any way, it was quickly 6 in the morning, time to wake up and get ready.
After the briefing, the Advance's convoy left, we prepared the intermediate's convoy, after a while Capri led the group until Al Qasr gate, we stop there and I got the ... leadership....
Leading is challenging everywhere, in Liwa is something special.....it was my first time there, adrenaline and concentration at maximum level....what a special day!!!!
For that I would like to thank a lot Bu Salem and Capri who gave me this great opportunity, thanks guys, you gave me another unforgettable day!!!:047:
First part of the trip I follow the track, everyone did a good job, no stuck, no pop out, all went smooth, then, in agreement with Capri I started my own way, and for me began the real challenge, read the sand, find the way to climb such a big dunes,
with the sun at the top and white sand it was quite impossible to see the contrast, but at the end of the day I am happy, no major problems, just a few stuck, one pop out, and great drive from everyone, yes guys, I reallly think you did a very good job.
Unfortunately around 2.30pm Tornado gave up, I lost my 4x4 coming out from a bowl....at the moment I thought....$#@&%&... but after the first few minutes I thought I am a lucky guy....if it had happened just a few second earlier it could have been a big problem.....anyway, this are things that can happen doing off road, we have to manage them, ...and we did :059:
Capri took the lead, he found the easiest way to bring out Tornado on two wheel drive and we reached easily the main road and the petrol station. After re-fueling and inflate the tires, part of the group left, part stayed there waiting for Bu Salem and the Advance drivers. We had a long chit chat, later we went for a dinner kindly offered by Bu Salem (thanks a lot mate)
and after that with my co-pilot Raff we came back, a bit sad for Tornado, but with the heart plenty of happiness for another great day.
Thanks to all participants, thanks to Capri for the great support, thanks Almost4x4
Yoghy
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

Liwa is Liwa..the height of excitement, beauty and the biggest passion to every offroader.
Drove solo to the camp site, which was quite easy, specially if you follow the only track made by our dear members earlier :011:
Had a nice chit-chat, made some new friends...not Armin's (just to be clear :059:). Was a bit chilly when we went to sleep but survivable.
Woke up, had a quick breakfast and off we went.
Excellent combination of small tricky dunes, bowls and long drops. Thank you Yoghy for the great lead!:045:
I got stuck in a very lovely ditch, but nothing the big chief can't handle :028: thanks again sir Capri!
The only think that upset us was what happened with Yoghy's Tornado, but as you said Yoghy..your lucky that it gave out just after that bowl. Thank god.
Glad everything's fine and hope Tornado will be plowing the way again soon!

Thank you dearest Marshals and crew for another memorable trip :encouragement:
BettyPo
Advance
Advance

All am saying right now......Driving, Driving.....the rest will follow :p
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Boring Straight Road to Hameem

Day 0

Met with yoghy, raff, roby, sarookh, rashid and maaz in the last emarat station after Jafza at 930pm ....... we had appetizers in Mcdonalds and off we went to do groceries before taking the long straight boring roads to Hameem .....

First MAJOR problem ...... there was NO ICE

a very disturbing image which haunted all of us the whole drive to Hameem .......

We had a convoy of 5 cars led by yoghy with sarookh having the the V6 engine of the tundra go vroom vroom vroom flying up and down the hi way .....

come Hameem road ....... the BULLDOG got a good picture taken courtesy of the abu dhabi police wherein we became instant text mates as they sent an sms that i was contributing a small amount to the RTA ......

3 hours after the very long and boring straight roads we got to Adnoc Hameem .......

Second MAJOR problem ...... there was still NO ICE

a FACT which was going to haunt us for the rest of the Day 1 drive

we filled our gas tanks to the tip and went off to deflate ....... we then arrived at the campsite QUIETLY so that we do not disturb anyone ...... my BORLA catback system QUIETLY drove around all the cars and tents parked all over the campsite so that they would not wake up ..... hehehehe

myself, sarookh, rashid and maaz ended up chit chating around the bonfire and with our hypnotic voices, sang songs with my guitar until some grumpy voice came from one of the tents asking us to shut up ..... and so we did as we did not want my guitar to become part of the bonfire ......

and so we continued to enjoy the mandi imported from sharjah til we called it a night .........
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Drive Hard 6.0 - Advanced Convoy

Day 1

We woke up ....... and realized we had to find a solution for our on-going dilema .....

"WE HAD NO ICE"

yoghy and I went to the grocery near the deflation point to resolve this issue but to our disappointment..... there was still "NO ICE"

moving on .........

Majestic Liwa will always be the pinnacle of technical sand driving if your a desert fanatic ......

Briefing was done and the convoy positions were set .....

Abu Salem, Delta, Rashidjass, Strawb, Sarookh and Nancy in that exact order

3 nissans
1 toyota
2 jeeps

led by abu salem's megatron, we ventured past the Qasr Al Sarab area as agreed so that we avoid making tire tracks for the intermediates as everyone wanted a tast of the untouched sands crests and ridges of Liwa ......

Technical cresting, Deep bowls and jaw dropping descents was the agenda handed to us by our lead marshal .....

Non stop driving from one chain of dunes crossing to the next was the iterinary ......

First MAJOR Problem

there was "NO ICE" ........ which means no cold drinks

this was quickly realized when we stopped for lunch and set up our own shade with the ingenuity of sarookh ..... we came up with a nice comfy place for everyone to sit and chitchat while sharing food ......

this was what we watched and it quickly caught up as everyone was singing the same thing the whole day

[video=youtube;GXU8CFazmx8][/video]

we came back to meet who was left of the intermediate convoy..... we saw the brave ladies and gentlemen sitting around who gladly welcomed us as we sat down to chitchat and have our late lunch together

our major issue which haunted us during the whole day was still there .... we still did not have ICE

then our very own Caprihorse and Bu Salem used their hameem experience and instructed me to explore the deep bowls of the Hameem town as there was a grocery there who sold frozen bottles of ice ...... myself and delta were sent off to this adventure and we did NOT fail

we finally found and have ICE

we came back to camp with success in our eyes as we were going to attack day 2 with COLD Drinks ......

a small gathering around the campfire with discussions about cars, horsepower and tire pressure ...... then we all called it a night to see what day 2 has to offer ....

we went sleeping sleeping
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Drive Hard 6.1 - Discovering the OH $HIT bowls of LIWA

Day 2

We all finally have the most essential tool for our adventure for day 2 ....... We have ICE

bring on the heat ..... i have cold drinks

This was a day which was set to be EPIC .... unforgettable

if you consider yourself to be a hardcore offroader ...... Day 2 in LIWA is a direct translation of Hardcore

Briefing was less than 30 seconds

four cars ...... 7 brave souls and VERY DEEP and SHARP BOWLS like quicksand

convoy positions were as follows ...... Abu Salem (with Ladlienka), Nancy (with carrots and cucumber), Strawb (with Dimple) and Delta (with Capri)

2 nissans
2 jeeps

classic battle between the japanese and american cars .... but today we were united as a team to face one challenge ...

our opponent ...... the OH $HIT AREA of LIWA

we have dubbed this area to a name definitely worthy of the title

you look left ..... Oh $hit

you look right ...... Oh $hit

you asses the situation ...... Oh $hit

Day 2 was something i will remeber for a very loooong time ..... the package was complete ...... crests, ridges, climbs, drops, bowls, ditches, quicksand, gravity, oranges, apples and bananas .....

Definitely a good season year ender for LIWA ....... to Abu Salem and Caprihorse ...... my hats off to you gentlemen as you bravely lead us in territories i would only imagine conquering ......

we are all gratefull for the knowledge, wisdom and experience you share with us for us to be capable to enjoy the challenges of LIWA

our skill sets ....we owe to you

we hope that we have made you proud

back to the flat grounds of Badayer ......
Arminjune
Advance
Advance

Liwa never disappointing. the only problem is, its not enough :D

THE CAMP:
for me it was like being in Scotland. I already miss Scotland :P we had great friends together, and when I felt it was getting too quit and people getting board, we managed to get Scotland to say a word, and we all smiled :D
We also managed to share food, friends kept telling me and pushing me to make my food well done, so I gave it to them well done. dropped the whole this in fire :-S fortunately there was enough food by friends which they shared with us.
Another internment was The Making of Karak, and managing to drink it :P I don't know if I should put this in camp paragraph or in technical. what ever it was, I had major flue for two weeks that I couldn't get it out of me. the ginger karak ginger thing made it go away. watch out Hamdan, there is new karak in town.
people kept coming one by one at the camp. Toby with his extra wood and awesome truck. Delta when I look at him I see all the weapons built in him, I don't know why he has knife, and even BBQ kit looked dangerous. Hanai with his jedi Sheesha, and Fida with his smile. I have missed some names, but still got love for all of you. oh oh, Nbaker and his exiting energy.
We had Zero accident at night, even though two people were about to be victims by being loud.

TECHNICALS:
The Drive was mix of different styles. short long, high low, crest, more crest.
first half I felt it was more technical dunes, loads of cresting. with my car, it felt like I'm popcorn being poped, lucky my seat belt works for now :-s
we did have many second tries. I don't know if it was for tier pressure, or losing track for others. for me I didn't shift to 1st so didn't have power to push for one crest. with automatic sometimes I lose track of which gear I'm in!!!
we had one pop out, which didn't get chance yet to know how it happened.
second half we all got adjusted to great dunes, and it was faster track and high ones. :D
We had one issue with Milfi car which I also don't know what happen, but all I know is we disconnected and reconnect the battery and it was fine.
Yogybear Truck decided to run on single only,which even though with his skills he could have concord all Liwa, but it would have been risky. so we head back. but even though we thought we want more drive, we were all exosted.
I got to be sweeper again till gas station. but then on the way Big Ram decided to stop and take photos of helicopter which was on the way in some hotel. and I got distracted and totally forgot that he is not leader at that point, it was Capri guiding us thru easy track since Yogy car was on single. and oh my, I got it good :P

SECOND NIGHT:
we managed to get back to same camp and found our wood and karak in same place, and all we see is Capri going back to the pot and trying to put water to warm up the KARAk which was left for whole day. All I'm saying I would have drank it if you made it, but I'm soo glad you didn't :P
With small group, we managed to have a small talk, relax. Strawb is always entertaining even with out his guitar. Delta went to fix his car and came back but I was gone by then. Nancy joined and as always brought joy, your a star. Bu Salim and capri. always great company. Lady Linka and Milfi did there crew thing.

oh oh oh, I know I will get black point and get black listed and probably blocked from Almost by saying this, but I will risk it any ways. while driving back to camp. all are deflated but me and Milfi, Capri and Shamsi decided to go single to camp. and they both got stuck lol Nancy managed to help them out. and then Melfi decided to join them. but she was not deflated. so Me and Nancy got to see MARSHALES AND CREW get stuck :P all at same time same place.

oh my, I just remembered, Dastoori, I forgot your apples in my car. aaaaaaa for got to share, and now I wonder what they became in my car. sooooo sorry

company of friends is always fun and joyful. Thank you all. Specially Yogybear for Lead Marshal, Capri for sweep.
Oh thanks Bu salim, I would have never managed to find the track back home with out your guide in front lead.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Summary

Distance: 51.6 km
Area: 11.3 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 6:11:13
Moving Time: 3:03:16
Stopped Time: 3:07:57