Le Misérable Dans Le Désert

Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Yet , another wonderful day for off-roading . the weather was not less than perfect for a trip in the desert , and the mood to off-road was on , started from Al Badayer with a 12 cars convoy after the 1st newbie convoy and the intermediates left. the track chosen by the legendary Capri was really challenging for our newbie drivers , but non the less it was very rich in technical maneuvers and control skills , most of the drivers did well , although it was some thing different than what they expected , we had our share of pop outs ( only one ) and stucks ( which most were self recovered ) . near to Iftar bowl ( where we were supposed to meet the other convoys ) we had a mechanical issue with one of the cars which was solved eventually but took us some extra time to bring the car back to life , after fixing this we had to drive back to Al Badayer as it was already time for Friday prayer .

Thanks to all the drivers in this trip , specially 2nd newbie convoy drivers for their discipline and doing really great in understanding and correctly applying the instructions of the marshals.

Special thanks to our Chief Marshal ( caprihorse ) for his endless efforts and encouraging support .
What goes around , comes around .
Anis

Great trip......hope to do many more......Abu Jimmy, Capri superb work.....wish I had joined the club many years ago
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

It was another great trip, full of fun, high dunes, MDG in every corner trying to feed on us, but we were protected by our Expert marshals and dear intermediates who saved us from every trap of hers'. Well as chief mentioned in his opening post for the trip, it was supposed to be for 5+ trips but as usual with their generosity they made three convoys and fed sand to almost every one who registered. With the pop-outs and stucks faced by few, it was a lot of learning for all. Great job Armin with those.

Marshal Hamdan gave us good taste of every dune that came in our way by driving through them in different ways so we can understand and communicate better with our toys. It also proved that even newbies can jump up high dunes but in a proper and safe way.

Thank You Hamdan for a great lead:applouse:
Thank you Armin for all your efforts back their helping with pop-outs and stucks:loyal:
Thank you Geni and other Intermediate drivers for your help:encouragement:
Thank you Chief and Abu Jimmy for your continuous support, guidance and patience with us all:applouse:
Thank you all the drivers for making it happen:048:

See you all soon in sand:028:
Paul
Advance
Advance

Hi guys

Yes, another great Almost4x4 trip.

I was in the intermediate convoy that stayed with Camel while he inflated his tire....It took a lot longer than expected, as it ended up becoming a wheel change. We had watched the newbie convoy and the 1/2 intermediate convoy disappear over the distant dunes. So I lead the guys off in the general direction. After a while i saw some cars and headed towards them.... well they were some other convoy. I was having a great time and wasn't too concerned. To say we were lost is a bit too negative. We knew we were in Area 53....

Kashmir offered to lead us to Iftar bowl as this was out rendezvous point. Kashmir gave us a great route and i enjoyed it immensely. Thank you.

Iftar bowl was its usual fun. Chit chat with old and new friends and big climbs to the top.

The return trip was intended to be trailing the newbie convoy. We either delayed our start too much or the newbies made a super quick pace, but we lost them..... again. Jenny suggested we returned directly to Al Badayer. I offered to lead the way. We often route from Iftar bowl to Al Badayer and there is an easy route, but i decided to take a more direct route over some small technical dunes. I had a blast, i just hope the people behind me did too.

Thank you to the greater Almost4x4 family, the founders and Marshals, it was a fantastic day out and i also had the pleasure of the company of a visitor from South Africa. He loved every second of it too, the highlight of his week in Dubai.

Regards
Paul
Rahulmanan2

Sorry Guys and will say sincer oppologies to Master for not attending this drive and even not informing that am not coming for the drive. I missed this great drive by my own laziness and long nightout, so i didnt manage to got uppppp......Hmmmmm
Bu-Shahid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well....it was a great trip;

I was in the second newbies group with our chief and Abu Jimmy, I have no enough words to thank you guys, first because you allowed us to join such amazing trip and second for the endless support and advise you offered during the trip.
I enjoyed the trip and learned a lot from the marshal's advices as well as my own mistakes, the rout was quite challenging for me (5+ :005: hehehe) and got stuck few times where I managed to self-recovery in some cases with Abu Jimmy great advices (the tricks which he gave me was great and useful in the other situations) and some with the help of our great marshals.
many thanks for the rest of the team whom I enjoyed drive with, looking foreword to drive with you guys and with this great group where I feel I am driving with a family :048:
BTW, I managed to drive back to AD without any problem (Thank God) (special thank for Bombays who helped a lot while we were fixing the mechanical problem:047:) and today had my car fixed and ready to go :028:.
Thanks again for this great group and our marshals.
bombays
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All.
I would first like to thank Capri and Abu jimmy for considering some drivers with less than 5 drives. Objective of the drive was clearly explained before the start of trip. Capri made it very clear what type of drive is 5+. We all had a great start and as were moving i remembered some of my first 5 trips. Patience shown by Capri and Abu jimmy was highly commendable. Like us they also have only one day in week to be in desert and that too they devote to share their experience and knowledge without any expectations in return. It is a great learning to be associated with Capri , Abu jimmy and marshals of Almost 4x4 as one gets to learn lot of valuable things from their teachings. Thanks to Anis , Alok ,anwar ,mubz ,bromolin , baher & bu shahid Had a great time with you. Looking forward for next friday.
Humanfaith

WHAT a Great drive,

We had almost experienced everything; Pop-Outs, stuck, mechanical issues, fun, fast drive, "flying", tricky dunes, high dunes, knowledge, challenges, team-work and most important feeling the thrill to be on sand.

I was the Le Misérable Dans Le Désert as I faced multiple mechanical issues which resulted car low performance and struggle to meet the challenge where honestly I was lucky to stuck only once in addition to the fact that the car MUST me be lifted to meet the requirement of such route against any advise otherwise. Also, at certain point an increase of 4 PSI was marked thanks to the experienced Geni , a problem that was fixed and helped reach to the meeting point safe with big THANKS to Armin for leading and choosing alternative route for me back to the meeting point and for his support all the drive long and even after back home. Also thanks to whom offered assistance and shared observations.

I became Le Heureux dans le désert :011:

Just an Amazing Team and extraordinary support.
Mubz

well well What can I say in simple words it was "Capri's Show"

and Capri knew exactly what he was doing and who was he teaching, ( newbies with experience level of 5- but passion of 5+) but as Capri mentioned before the drive ( we will stick to the plan of 5+ so he did.

so where is what happened next, first dune and cars are going round and round to overcome the dune which Capri did single handedly ( I say this because capri was going up and talking on the radio as well) ( I have the video and I will update it soon).

and moments after the first stuck we realized what we were up against, some high dunes with sharp drops some cresting and it was a mix of everything, above all it was amazing to have Capri in the lead and Abu Jimmy as sweeper who gave such incredible advice over the radio that most of us were able to do self recovery.

I learnt alot of lessons from the last Trip a couple of them are.

1. DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME EVEN IN THE WAITING LIST IF TRIP IS FOR 5+ AND YOU ARE NOT 5+ ( you will face wrath of Capri :035:) but I might do it again :)
2. Be in control of your car and dont let your car Control you else you will be jumping on every dune ( Like me)
3. Dont even think of Fighting gravity its a BIG NO.
4. IF you are with Almost4x4 you will make it to the end line no matter how complicated things might be

Special thanks to
Capri ( for giving us the oppertunity to drive along, for leading us, for motivating us)
Abu Jimmy ( for excellent role in recovery, self recovery and making sure everyone got through)
A78anwar, anis, Iqsan, bu Shahid, baher, bomolin, Bombay and those who I've missed, it was great.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1303[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1304[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1306[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1308[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1310[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1311[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Humanfaith;24260]...the car MUST me be lifted to meet the requirement of such route ...[/quote]

the minimum required lift height is half meter in front, and 3/4 of meter in rear :029:, to drive through