Ascent: 824 m
Descent: 904 m
[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track23.jpg[/IMG]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
makoo

ok so day 1 starts at night, lonely and fun solo drive in the dark to the campsite, then its good food, mood, smoke, and chitchat in the windy night.
day 2, the begining everyone was struggling in the soft sand + moisture aslo known as mud :027: but then we deflated some more and the action started. some steep drops in the begining at fossil rock but afterthat we never went strait again! from side to side, side cresting all the dunes behind capri in capriland. until we got to a big dune where if u made it to the top, u could park and watch movie with popcorn of other almosters struggling :P
it was an awsome location (new for me) great views, simply a good day and ofcourse I left the trip all refreshed and cant wait for next week!
Sam

well ... dunno where to start ....

oh yeah .. First thing to say is that am so happy and proud I finally joined a version of (Catch Me If You Can) ..... and yep it was as its reputation ....

I did not join the night camp as I felt it would be so cold and windy, woke up in the morning fresh and excited .... speed to catch up before 8 am ...

we started at 8 am .. moving to fossil rock where it was so soft and mud sands .. for a moment I thought my Truck will not cross the top rock area coz of its LWB but with the help of Abu Tariq I did it without even touch the rocks .... then down where for a while I had the pleasure to be the second lead after Capri ..... followed him carefully .... to other great chance to drive in-front of Khatib who was the sweeper and gave me some instruction about how to control the speed coming down or going up ...

To be honest I had a great fun as well some stress coz I wanted to catch every single move Capri do .. but of course I can't follow the Legendry Pathfinder 100% ... so I lost the track few times :p

All in all .... its was a pleasure to join this trip where it was a great chance to me ... Thanx Capri / Khatib / Abu Tariq ....
ekkajay

Firstly, many thanks to Caprihorse, AlKhatib and Abu Tariq for giving the opportunity to participate in "Catch Me If You Can". I missed the camp, having no off road GPS was by itself a minor challenge to find the location. Once by the road, under Caprihorse directions reach the camp site. As we set off from the camp it was a struggle, as usual the first advice is to check, deflate, although I was around 11 to 12 psi mark, very rightly Abu Tariq advice to further drop 2 psi pays off. Then we take the drop from Fossil Rock, pass to Camel Rock, Al Faya and finally ending up at ADNOC.

At one point I had little hesitation on whether the car in front is clear, with this in mind as usual I got stock. Al Khatib quickly arrives at the scene, confident as usual, with his magic trick, my vehicle reverses down the dune, self recovery.

Excellent information gained to improve my driving and all the tips from Caprihorse, indeed... has been a steep learning curve and boosted my confidence at the same time realizing how difficult it is to move around and requires a lot of time to learn the maneuver in the fantastic dunes of U.A.E. Indeed has been a pleasure as usual to follow the Marshals and drive with colleagues and ALMOST 4 x 4 families. Look forward to next week's anniversary celebration and more drives........

Ajay
055 212 0636

Sam

[CENTER]Capri & Khatib ....
I can't wait to read your Trip Report
:036:[/CENTER]
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=Sam;22917][CENTER]Capri & Khatib ....
I can't wait to read your Trip Report
:036:[/CENTER]
[/quote]

You got mine already...

Time
Elapsed Time: 3:07:45
Moving Time: 1:11:22
Stopped Time: 1:56:23
fida
Advance
Advance

Detailed photo documentry on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ ... .716342748
ekkajay

Fida,

I am unable to connect, can you please guide.

Ajay
055 2120636
Ranger

This was by-far the fastest off-road drives I have done.....

The day started very early with a zeal to make it to the location on time....and I did....Saw all the guys shivering in the unforgiving cold winds....all huddled up in their cars and barely managed to exchange courtesies...I thanked myself for not camping there overnight....Saw all the other cars piling up and with Capri's drive brief the event officially commenced. Due to the freezing weather, we heard a few jumbled teeth -clattering words out of Capri, ( Capri, it was a sight ;-) )
Rotating the sequence was an amazing idea... I was at no. 6 and closely following Maakoo at no. 5. For the fear of loosing my tracks, I followed Makoo too close and that got me in sticky situations more than once. (Note to self...leave adequate distance but not long enough to miss the track)
Capri's insistance on tackling the dunes in a manner he deemed fit was very educative...Now I know how to go higher on the side of the dune.... constant guidance to others also helped in improve my attempts....

We stopped a few times but the weather was pleasant so we enjoyed every bit of it. The Cinema theatre was amazing....observing others go through the dune was an amazing experience... I realised the right way of doing things....I also know my car's strengths and limits..

Towards the end of the drive was my turn to follow THE MAN himself.... I felt like Tom Hanks from the name sake movie " Catch me if you can" struggling unsuccessfully to catch Leonardo..... At one point he was going so fast that I thought " Does Capri know that we are in the desert and not on paved road" but I barely managed to tail him till the end of the trip...

All in all...a FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE....

And we feel we can go that extra mile as we have Marshals like Khatib and Abu Tariq to get us out of any ditch we fall into....Couldn hv done it without u guys...

Cheers

Shashant
Sam

[quote=fida;22921]Detailed photo documentry on facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ ... .716342748[/quote]

It did not work with me as well :(