DIY-FJ Cruiser 4x4 Custom LED High-Powered Off-Road Fog Lights

CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

this post is empty
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Nice... but we will also need separate wiring as originally its connected with other lights...
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Miss D;22249 wrote:Nice... but we will also need separate wiring as originally its connected with other lights...
I am not familiar, but i guess it turns on with the parking lights. If it is so, yes you will need to install a switch. But i dunno if it will be a problem to use them in the city as well, as i have seen many cars use their fog lights and don't turn on the main head lights.
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

CAMEL;22254 wrote:I am not familiar, but i guess it turns on with the parking lights. If it is so, yes you will need to install a switch. But i dunno if it will be a problem to use them in the city as well, as i have seen many cars use their fog lights and don't turn on the main head lights.
I shall do this asap... :045:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Miss D;22256 wrote:I shall do this asap... :045:

:045:Keep posting on this thread how you go about doing it so others can benefit from it!!
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=CAMEL;22254]I am not familiar, but i guess it turns on with the parking lights. If it is so, yes you will need to install a switch. But i dunno if it will be a problem to use them in the city as well, as i have seen many cars use their fog lights and don't turn on the main head lights.[/quote]

Never with parking lights, only with high beam or separate switch and Miss D is right, it requires a separate wiring...
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;22261 wrote:Never with parking lights, only with high beam or separate switch and Miss D is right, it requires a separate wiring...

That is what i meant, I am not sure if the stock lights turn on with the parking lights.

Also there are many other considerations before executing this idea, I am sure who ever does it will go through it bearing all factors.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

On Page 5 there is some indication of the wiring requirements...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33932054/LED_Data.pdf
Mosalf

Hi did anyone try this? What about Muroor? Will the cops allow it? It certainly will need separate switch for use off road as these come on with the driving lights.
But nice and simple definitely worth a try. :057: