looking for Rims and Tires xj 94

maze
Club Member
Club Member

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new rims and tires for my Xj its already been lifted and the works all its missing is some nice rims and tires... anyone looking to sell theres for a good price?
I've been to sharjah and found some GT rims with Off-road mud tires for like 2600dhs brand new (thai brand) but don't know if i can trust those...
Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]1255[/ATTACH]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FSL

GT wheels are not a bad option since many jeepers are using it already.
Tires have many options, Mud tires are not recommended for sand though.

Most of the people are going for Cooper AT3 (all terrain), you might give it a look.
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

for the rims the best size is 15" x 8" and you can go for :-

1. GT wheel
2. Daytona
3. Off Road

for the tyres , the best size is 31" or 265/70/15 and you can go for :-

1. BF goodrich All Terain 31"
2. Cooper discoverer H/T 265/75/15
3. Cooper Cobra 275/60/15

All above rims and tyres have been experienced on cherokee xj and proven very good .
What goes around , comes around .
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

Check the post by Yoghybear, his got tires and rims for sell.

http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread. ... s-for-sale
maze
Club Member
Club Member

Thanks guys for the advice... will look into that! and i will contact Yoghybear but i thought he was only selling rims thats why i didnt reply before
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=maze;22199]Thanks guys for the advice... will look into that! and i will contact Yoghybear but i thought he was only selling rims thats why i didnt reply before[/quote]

Maze, those are 17 inch rims which will be way too big for XJ. I had 16 inch rims and heard noises on every small dune, till Brother Abu Jimmy explained that 15 is the best size for XJ.

I have once come across 15x8 new GT Wheel rims for just 850 aed in sharjah. You can contact me for location.

Good Luck !
maze
Club Member
Club Member

thnx for the advice... that makes sense too coz the last thing i wanna do is put more pressure on the steering/power steering etc! if the 17inch rims are much lighter than my 15's does make a diff?
Sandskull
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=maze;22273]thnx for the advice... that makes sense too coz the last thing i wanna do is put more pressure on the steering/power steering etc! if the 17inch rims are much lighter than my 15's does make a diff?[/quote]

The main reason behind the 15 inch suiting the best is that the tires shouldn't trim the fenders, wherein you end up loosing your fenders as well as damaging your tires...Weight should be secondary.
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=maze;22273] if the 17inch rims are much lighter than my 15's does make a diff?[/quote]

I guess what is being referred to as Heavy here is not just the physical weight of the Rims and tires, but the overall effect larger rims & tires have on the performance of the vehicle.
maze
Club Member
Club Member

My friend bought a new wrangler sport changed the rims and tires.. he offered his original but still brand new tires to me, they are 16 inch rims and i know the pattern is little different, the Xj is 5x4.5 while those are 5x5 right! is there anywhere i can buy the adaptor from here or should i order them from the US? oh he offered them to me for free thats why im asking if its worth it...