FJ Roof Rack

Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

alshamsi_m;29402 wrote:I would recommend WINBO roof rack .... I feel it is even better than the original one price between 450 - 600 dhs
Bu Salem, is there any specific WINBO dealer here in U.A.E. ? Regards
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hi Momo

WINBO dealer is next Al Doha Trading in Deira Dubai

Dropped pin - Dropped pin

http://goo.gl/maps/3wcSw

Best regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dear [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION]

Thank you for the location, just a little update; I was told in one of the shops in that area, that Winbo dealer left this market one year ago, but good news I found the same Winbo roof rack in Al Doha trading itself. I purchased it for 580 Dhs without installation. At first look I loved it, it is so light that you can easily lift it with one hand.

Here is the shop coordinates: 25° 16.582'N 55° 18.299'E

Regards,

momo
adventure motox

[MENTION=8718]MOMO[/MENTION] You will love it! I have the Toyota one that I purchased used, but as [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION] mentioned the Winbo is good. And much cheaper.
I find it useful for camping and trips... but also importantly... looks kinda cool!

By the way, its very easy to install.
Cheers

JT (adventure)
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

[MENTION=9302]adventure motox[/MENTION] You're right:thumbsup: It looks cool. The funniest part after installing it I was listening to a music track and I was thinking oh the sound engineer messed up with the bass mixing... then the song finish, and actually the bass continued playing and it was coming from the roof top hahaha

Cheers
Abro

momo;39631 wrote:@adventure motox You're right:thumbsup: It looks cool. The funniest part after installing it I was listening to a music track and I was thinking oh the sound engineer messed up with the bass mixing... then the song finish, and actually the bass continued playing and it was coming from the roof top hahaha

Cheers

So what is the conclusion, is winbo roof rack is good for FJ? , or we should look for
some other brand. ? As if it make terrible sound then it is useless or the sound is in acceptable limit?
I am looking to buy one to load, - jerry cans for fuel & water / high lift jack and off-road bag which has basic off-road tools in it. Or some time to load a kayak on the roof rack.
Further Recently I installed roof rack from “Delta shop in Ghusais Dubai” and it was making terrible sound almost vibrating whole FJ, I had to remove that within few hours of drive after installation, which cost me 700 Aed with installation.
I called Doha trd Dubai, they replied that they don’t have roof rack in stock even in Sharjah store.
Hence please Advise.
Your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated.

Abdul Rasool Abro

adventure motox

[MENTION=10084]Abro[/MENTION], I have the toyota rack and it make no noise and is essentially without any issues. I paid 1400 on Dubizzle.
[MENTION=8718]momo[/MENTION] is the only one I know with the winbo, last time we spoke he was ok with it but I don't know if there are any follow up reports.

As for the Toyota one... almost a year now, still no vibrations.

JT

Abro;43170 wrote:So what is the conclusion, is winbo roof rack is good for FJ? , or we should look for
some other brand. ? As if it make terrible sound then it is useless or the sound is in acceptable limit?
I am looking to buy one to load, - jerry cans for fuel & water / high lift jack and off-road bag which has basic off-road tools in it. Or some time to load a kayak on the roof rack.
Further Recently I installed roof rack from “Delta shop in Ghusais Dubai” and it was making terrible sound almost vibrating whole FJ, I had to remove that within few hours of drive after installation, which cost me 700 Aed with installation.
I called Doha trd Dubai, they replied that they don’t have roof rack in stock even in Sharjah store.
Hence please Advise.
Your valuable feedback will be highly appreciated.

Abdul RasoolAbro
momo
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi [MENTION=10084]Abro[/MENTION] , I am satisfied with my Winbo roof rack. It does what is required. The only thing with the winbo, if you remove the front bar (which holds off-road lights), the side bars will start vibrate doing very annoying noise, as opposite to the original roof rack which doesn't have front bar and less noise.
salhinai
Advance
Advance

I have installed a roof rack with air dam as was recommended by Bu Salim and ever since it was installed properly the noise issue was not there. I got one before that and man it drove me crazy and I took it off within a week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2531[/ATTACH]