FJ Cargo Box with Sleeping Platform

desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

As promised, here are the pics

The most important part is to fix the box to the body through the existing 4 holes at the front and back of the cargo area for safety reasons (using longer screws)

If you are going for this narrower version, make sure you keep the base to cover all the width, to ensure its fixed with the 4 screws and it can act as protection as well.

p.s. you can see that this box is quite OLD, it has been there for 2.5 years now, originally it was full size without the sleeping platform, then I made the modifications, I still need to change the handles of the drawers and the rails, but been lazy lately :)
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

i like the idea of turning the FJ to a moving sleeping bed :011:
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

Can you please open your drawers if you don't mind?
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mo what a great design bro, you give me idea to turn my box also to a mobile bedroom :)
Thanks Bro for sharing
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

What is the weight of the entire set up, wouldnt want to add excess weight to the car !
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;19717 wrote:What is the weight of the entire set up, wouldnt want to add excess weight to the car !
Approx 10-15 Kg is not a big deal, compare to adding huge tires to your Grey hound hehehe
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

the set up looks good moe!

comfy like my cherokee! :051:
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

The FJ is heavier at the front than the back, this setting will help creating an equilibrium, especially with the type of sport we do.

The weight is around 30 kg with the drawers, but I feel more safe and secure if the worst happens that no boxes or stuff flying around.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

I found this online, it might give you ideas

https://www.pro.tuffyproducts.com/p-191 ... rawer.aspx
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

its $673 big ones!!!!!!