A&A Joyride

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

An event that remain always in our memories, what a Joyride, the joint trip between AD4x4 and Amost4x4.

We met us at late evening to drive 12 km into the desert by night, to enjoy freezing night, at 15 degC, at bonfire and amazing BBQ served by members. Lots of chatting, naturally about off-roading, cars modifications and experience were shared between the adventurous communities.

Next day morning, as the whole convoy was organized, 16 cars, we started interesting track, with low dunes and then some dunes, which challenged many drivers’ skills.

However everybody performed well, not having major issues. Roller coaster style, steep climbs and descents, just to enjoy The Joyride, were the major objective of this trip and they were met. The convoy was mixed with all the drivers, who at that moment didn’t think about the differences in club names, just they were focused on driving, the style – ‘Me and the Dunes’.

The trip finished on time, as it was planned and all the drivers went home with the promise to meet us again in Sharjah and Dubai dunes in the near future.

Big thanks to all the participants who joined the trip and the Marshals for the organization of this successful event, especially desert_hawk at the side of AD4x4.

[TABLE="width: 900, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Statistics

Summary
Distance: 42.5 km
Area: 12.8 sq km

Time
Elapsed Time: 2:41:28
Moving Time: 1:34:38
Stopped Time: 1:06:50

Speed
Avg: 16 km/h
Avg Moving: 27 km/h
Max: 78 km/h

Elevation
Min: 177 m
Max: 280 m
Ascent: 1162 m
Descent: 1180 m[/TD]
[TD][IMG]http://www.drivingindubai.com/various/track14.jpg[/IMG][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

This trip was planned with good intentions in the hope that the full plan will get executed before the END OF THE WORLD, I can say we were LUCKY :mrgreen:

All the people who were supposed to meet at the meeting point were there, some came before time, and some just made it before leaving, and we moved to our planned camping spot, where we found dedicated offroaders who prepared the camp fire for us, thanks Charif & Arabia ;)

As we started setting our tents and preparing the food, more people started to come, finding their way in the dark, 2 members from Almost4x4 and 3 marshals from AD4x4, and the party started, what a group and what a night!!!

The chat, the laughs, the music, the playing on the Oud, the smell of the BBQed chicken with the crispy sand :mrgreen: and most of all the nice people sitting around the fire enjoying the beautiful weather, ahhh yes, forgot to say that last night was just beautiful, not that cold and clear sky.

The next morning we got more people arriving as we were having breakfast and packing our tents, the convoy was lead by me with Caprihorse as my sweeper, we mixed the members in the convoy and got the marshals from both clubs at the back, Alkhatib, Waleed and Tillybean.

We had a smooth challenging drive with a fast pace, with one technical stuck (sorted with the help of the Sweihan emergency response Waqmaster), few 2nd tries and a faulty jeep (hope it will be sorted smoothly), but everyone did very good, it was nice to see the members sitting together and chatting during the break time as if they knew each other from long time.

We finished the trip at the set timetable with a smile on the faces of each one of us, and more friends and good people that I'm proud to get to know.

The trip was awesome and this is only because of the great drivers we had in it

Thank you
Caprihorse, for helping in organising this trip and sweeping, wouldn't have done it without you, next time we will try to make it in DXB and you take the lead ;)
Waqmaster, for taking charge of the other convoy and helping me to make everyone happy, and for the recovery support
Waleed, Tillybean, Alkhatib, Duck Commander, thank you for your support and presence, hope you had a good time
Cherif, Wasabi, Arabia, it was great catching up with you guys and hope we can repeat it again soon
Almost4x4 & AD4x4 members, you did great, you were able to cope with the speed and the challenges while you were driving with people you met for the first time, this is great spirit indeed, will be happy to drive with everyone of you in the future, hope I will not miss anyone, or misspell someone's nickname
Alfalasi
Desert Storm
BettyPo
BERHO Desert
Strawb
Ossme
Mazaaj
Scotchyl
RamiDxB
The_Kraken, sorry for your car, but hope you had fun in the best seat in the convoy and enjoyed the shower ;)

All in all, this experience was perfect from the point of planning to the inflation, hopefully the pics from both sides will follow

Till next time, drive safe
Mazaaj
Golden Member
Golden Member

As Capri said this event will always remain in our memories..

Unfortunately we (me, khatib, nancy & Rami) missed the fun night the guys had. We arrived the camp in the morning were everyone was awake with a lovely smile on their faces in that beautiful morning. Sam was the 1st person I met from AD4x4 and she's such a nice person. The 2nd person I met was our drive leader Desert Hawk (Mohammed) and he’s such a great, fun and gentle person with lots of skills. He started the briefing and it wasn’t long as our rules are almost the same. The convoy was organized in short period (one driver from our side and one from AD4x4). The drive was very smooth and full of excitement. I didn’t really feel that we were driving with another club and drivers. Everyone did really great job.

It was a very successful joyride with the 2 clubs and hopefully we could return the favour and invite them to such a trip in Dubai.

Special thx to AD4x4 marshals & members for the invitation
Special thx to my family almost4x4 for choosing me for this trip.

Peace :038:
alfalasi
Advance
Advance

What a great day and drive
I felt like we are one family
I believe that I saw almosters in different names
I saw armin, fide , miss D , lamboo ....... and ALFALASI o_O and yes he was awesome :028:
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote=alfalasi;19583]What a great day and drive
I felt like we are one family
I believe that I saw almosters in different names
I saw armin, fide , miss D , lamboo ....... and ALFALASI o_O and yes he was awesome :028:[/quote]
Alfalasi, wake up... you are dreaming... :038:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=alfalasi;19583]what a great day and drive
i felt like we are one family
i believe that i saw almosters in different names
i saw armin, fide , miss d , lamboo ....... And alfalasi o_o and yes he was awesome :028:[/quote]

hahahah :011::011:
desert_hawk
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=caprihorse;19590]Alfalasi, wake up... you are dreaming... :038:[/quote]
looooooooooool
waqmaster
Club Member
Club Member

didnt drive with you guys, but nice catching up at the camp :) and seeing the long convoy sweeping around sweihan
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

it was an excellent day out in sweihan.

good company good drivers.

we hope to see ad4x4 in dubai for round 2

see you guys in th sand

cheers