Another Jeep Thing...

Fat Rabbit

Good morning all,

A couple of Jeep questions...

1. Does any member here drive a soft top Wrangler? I would like to know whether you guys take the top off when you go desert driving, now that the good weather has begun? I usually remove the windows from my TJ but keep the roof intact to protect me from the sun. But was wondering if removing the windows is a good idea at all?

2. I currently have 3 recovery points on my TJ. 2 in front and 1 in the rear. The 4th recovery point option in the TJ is right above the exhaust pipe, so I was thinking that if I affix the hook in that area, would it damage the exhaust pipe? Does anyone else have this issue? Would appreciate some pictures if you guys have figured this one out. I am using stock metal bumpers of 1999 TJ.

One of the rules of this club is to have 4 recovery points in the vehicle, hence the question :)

Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Hassan
Golden Member
Golden Member

1. By removing windows visabality will increases and so the reaction time which is very much help full while driving in desert. On the negative side more more sand inside....... personally i like to drive with-out windows, its more fun.
2. Mainly two types of toe points are coming on TJ, one is the close double U type, which has adjustment provision for bolts and can extend out from the body frame. The other is the hook type, the fixing of this type can be either below or on top of bumper.
Currently if the toe rope hook is touching the exhaust so difinantly that will damage the exhaust joints sooner or later.