Jerry can on Wrangler

bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

caprihorse;17516 wrote:Petrol, petrol, petrol, my friend, not water. It's a JEEP thing :010:
Well, what can I say capri:054:... inspite of such complication..Jeep still turns out to be listed on top at end of the day:015:
Fat Rabbit

bobpavan;17498 wrote:Holders are available in dubai and sharjah, however, u can find a steady and good Holder from Mohamad Omar Al Majid. T: 06 5394244
Thanks for the useful information. Is this shop one of those on the Sahara Centre road before Sharjah College?
Where the road ends, the enjoyment begins..
With Natalie, a 2-door beige Nissan Patrol Safari
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Aatif;17602 wrote:Thanks for the useful information. Is this shop one of those on the Sahara Centre road before Sharjah College?
its after 2 traffic light sinals from the college signal. ( king faisal st. crossing BMW road )
What goes around , comes around .
Fat Rabbit

Have any Jeepers used this storage rack?

I was advised that its better to store Jerry cans outside the vehicle rather than inside, cuz of the possible fumes it may release (hence well ventilated area). There are two other solutions for outside storage.. one which bobpavan replied to earlier (on the front side of the vehicle, ref to picture he sent) and the other is to have a custom built jerry can holder on the spare tyre carrier - however it will potentially become rickety after a couple of drives.

Just wanted to know what other Jeepers are using for jerry can storage on their jeeps.

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1063[/ATTACH]
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

for guys looking for jerry cans which can be placed inside the back of your 4x4

refer to attached picture ...... RED jerry can top most left (20 litres)

i purchased this for 120aed

the stainless steel jerry cans in the picture costs 250aed

the standing green one costs 80aed

you can get them from here

hope this helps
Fat Rabbit

Hello again,

So I finally took bobpavan's advice and went for the 4-bolt fixture on the side. Just one jerry can for now.. I think it shoud be enough. And perfect timing too... tomorrow is ther Jeep Jamboree... yayyyy..!!!

Thanks everyone.. :045:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1234[/ATTACH]
Trident

I have 8 pieces of 5 liters (total 40 liters) "green" plastic jerry can (from ACE Hardware). I also bought separete plastic/HDPE container to enclose them nicely for added safety factor, and place inside my car. I carried full set during the GNFD on 11-Jan13 and will carry again for the Jeep Jamboree tomorrow. Just being used for occasional purpose, like organized event. Jerry cans are not leaking, Smell is bearable, just need to open a bit the window glass to let the smell go and open full once in a while to fully refresh the air inside the car. Seems suitable set up for me, thus avoiding modifcation to my car.
Sarookh
Advance
Advance

FYI. Mohamad Omar Al Majid prices are quiet high, a normal jerrycan cost around 280 AED (not even the chromed one) and the bracket cost around 250 AED where in the place strawb posted the normal Jerrycans varied from 80 to 120 AED and the bracket without negotiation cost 120 AED, and that's my 2 cent contribution.
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sarookh;21727 wrote:FYI. Mohamad Omar Al Majid prices are quiet high, a normal jerrycan cost around 280 AED (not even the chromed one) and the bracket cost around 250 AED where in the place strawb posted the normal Jerrycans varied from 80 to 120 AED and the bracket without negotiation cost 120 AED, and that's my 2 cent contribution.
You are absolutely right, I just bought jerrycan from YellowHat in AED 90 including funnel.
FSL

you might wanna pay a visit to ACE hardware as well. They got couple of good quality metallic/plastic jerry can's which are pretty good.