The Rub3 LC 70 series

Darshan

Abu Jimmy;17277 wrote:, those cars are not easy to drive off-road due to short , narrow base , and high (tall ) body , they tend to roll over easily , especially if lifted . so if you are thinking of having one you better try to take it easy , and get to know the car step by step , as its behavior is much different compared to the FJ . increasing the width of the car seems to be a good idea as well ( wheel spacers , wider rims , wider tyres ). once you get used to it you will find out that its the " Ultimate Offroad Machine " .
This is exactly what i have heard from a recent owner. He was an Ace driver with a prado. He used to climb everything out there with it. But when he got the LC i found that he was lacking control over very many drives. A guy with his experience should have been able to get used to it much faster. Last time saw him, he was doing stuff that i will only dream of in a long time to come. He was climbing rocks when two of this front wheels lifted off in the air due to the torque delivery/terrain and he was still climbing up on rear wheels. When he got back he said he didnt realize that he was doing that stunt!!

So yes, getting used to it is a big chunk of making it do what it can do.
Darshan

BettyPo;17288 wrote: The only Toyota I would want to have, it's amazing also to drive in the dunes....it flies...never seen a stronger Chassis:060:
This is only the start nancy, you will love the japs even more once you use them. :011:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

Darshan;17264 wrote: To kill the curiosity, what are the mods that can be done on the inline engine? Other than the normal ones available for the v6.

Solid axle coupled with inline engine should make it a hell of a ride (literally: backaches tooth jarring ride etc)
im reading thru all the interesting posts ........ all very informative .......

but somewhere in between i kinda was under the impression we were discussing about the cherokee XJ (1997-2001) ...... but with a wider wheelbase

any comments on the narrow wheelbase of the Rub3?
jehan
Club Member
Club Member

Uncomplicated, Uncomfortable really uncomfortable.
Rail chasis a flimsy body on top of the rail chasis
2 solid axles leaf springs in the back
and a reliable engine that drinks fuel
thats about it i think
oh and really crappy to drive so jeepers just stick to your jeeps
Maddie

I don't have ANY idea about the capsule a.k.a. Rub3 but talk about the pickup.

An Intake, a header and siam tyres with 2.5 inch exhaust is all the 4.5 Pick up needs.

Its more comfortable than a jeep. It doesn't bump, it glides over sand.

The biggest turn down is on the pickup is its price and avalablity, even a third hand is worth a fortune. And no one sells it.

And they don't register it to your name. There's a difference between this pickup and the american roadrunners....