Silent Desert

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Good Afternoon

First of all, Congratulation to our club members who got upgraded to Newbie Drivers :045:but unfortunately I found that the guy with Red Grand Cherokee was missing from the list, so hopefully he could read this and register with us to get his STAR too.

Now let me start with my report. I was a good boy cuz I slept early (1 am) :022: to wake up at 5 am :029: but unfortunately, I did it again and over slept:021: but Wizzo called me up to ask about something thinking that I was there already which gave me the chance to wake up and catch up on time.

I didn't have the chance to reach on the meeting point but I reached the second convoy at deflating point as planned with Caprihorse. We had 9 cars which was excellent for this weather :013:. Caprihorse started our "almost4x4 101 class" by describing the basics of off-roading then we started our drive for ONE & HALF hour which was fairly good. :048: We had few stucks but nothing major and I think it was an opportunity to learn about the car & terrain. :008:

I was doing the sweeping & rescue which gave me a great chance to talk and chat with the new members. :035: By reaching the pink rock we had to call it off and head to 2 DECEMBER exit point.

Thanks for joining us today and I hope to see you soon

Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
wizzo

Sorry for waking you up!! Felt bad when i noticed you were i asleep, but i was sure i saw your name registered for the trip :D

Our event was good fun, cant wait for next week :D
yasir
Intermediate
Intermediate

This was my first driving experience in desert and it is only achieved with the support of Marshals and special thanks to Al Shamsi for towing my vehicle several time.
Yoghybear
Golden Member
Golden Member

As usual another great Friday in the desert with Almost Family, with old friends, some new and always the same fun!:060:
At 6.20 we reached the meeting point, Swenson and Gorgin where already there....I think they spent the night there :011:
Before 7am my convoy was complete, so we move to deflating point and after the briefing we started our trip :028:
We reached Pink Rock after a bit more than one hour drive, the distance between Nazwa and Pink Rock is more or less
7 km, but we played a lot before reaching the first point, increasing the level from time to time, and I was really happy
because we had no stuck and no pop-out, ..... the convoy proceed really smoothly :008:.
From Pink Rock we took direction Big Red and also in this second part of our trip the driving style was the same, mix between speed, technic and Safari style.....I was really happy and proud to have behind me such a drivers :059: ....great Friday morning....
but close to Big Red unfortunatelly something happened :019:, CAMEL's car gave up, engine suddenly switch off and no way to restart it again......we were not far from the easy way to Badayer, may be 150/200 meters, but between us and the easy road two small
dunes, lets say 3/4 meters hight.....very easy for a single car, quite difficult for a car towing another one..... but Tornado
did his job very well :048: and finally we reached Badayer, very sorry for you mate, hope you will get back your Patrol quickly!

@ Candi: the only driving lady in the convoy and probably the less experienced driver....well, what can I say....go ahead please,
you did extremely good :047:
@ Shan: after long long time you are back, nice to have you again in the convoy and despite long time without desert you did very
well, keep it up mate, hope to see you soon in the sand.
@ all other drivers, very well done boys, keep the sand flying, you are on the right way :008:

Big big thanks to Gorgin the sweeper, Strawb the rescue car and Paul, also if you drove only the last few minutes it is always a pleasure to have you along.

Last but not least important, a very big thanks to Almost4x4 for the opportunity you are giving me :027:
Rayat Al Bar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Couldnt join you guys as i got sick some problem in my breathing 12:30am came back from hospital

I
really missed the chance to learn more..
anway next time inshAllah

hope you enjoyed without me ....:005:
Rayat Al Bar
Intermediate
Intermediate

Couldnt join you guys as i got sick some problem in my breathing 12:30am came back from hospital

i really missed the chance to learn more..
anyway next time inshAllah

hope you enjoyed without me ....:005:
Gorgin4325

Hi guys,

Once again a fantastic drive organized by Youghy.

I was so excited about this drive that I literally slept for 2 hours last night and was up at 4:30 a.m. getting ready for the drive. It was a smooth drive, great route, and fantastic scenery.

Thanks Youghy for the drive, and thanks to all the other drivers for making it a fun drive.

Hope to see you all soon,

G
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

I was looking forward to this Friday specially since i had missed last week's drive and was up early and reached the meeting point on time!!

As Yoghybear said the convoy was split and we moved to deflation point , the drive itself was very exciting and my car was performing very well until i felt a jerk a couple of times in between some tough sections...suddenly she stopped and wouldn't start.

As usual all the almost family members were quick to help and it was decided that we should tow the car as it was not very far from Big Red. But then there were still a couple of dunes to be crossed and I should commend Yoghybear and his Tornado....They did the Job effortlessly......The patrol LWB is not a small and light car!!!

Reached the safety of the road and left the car there and went back to pick it up! She did not start but is now at the garage.

All in all it was a wonderful drive and I should Thank Yoghybear,Gorgin, Paul, strwab and also the fellow almosters!!!

Also thank you Shan for the lift back to Ajman!!
maci

[quote=alshamsi_m;13939]
Good Afternoon

First of all, Congratulation to our club members who got upgraded to Newbie Drivers :045:but unfortunately I found that the guy with Red Grand Cherokee was missing from the list, so hopefully he could read this and register with us to get his STAR too.
[/quote]
Al Shamsi, I am registered and I am doing well. :027: Looking forward for my first star. :059:

[quote=alshamsi_m;13939]
Thanks for joining us today and I hope to see you soon
[/quote]
Big thanks from my and my wife's side. She got an orange "Rescue" strap today, so I guess she will be automatically upgraded to 4 stars when she register with us. :060:
It was excellent trip and superb opportunity to learn some 4x4 basics and what needs to be repaired in my car before next trip. :021:
Thank you Al Shamsi and Sylwester/caprihorse, I really appreciate your time spent on teaching us! :045:
Maci
Rahulmanan2

No words for you sir ! Amazing Drive.......Thanks alot..