Introduce yourself here, Please. Lets get to know each other

kane
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,

I am Farhan and I am very new to offroad driving. I love going to deserts in Al Wathba and Al Quaa with my family.

Thanks !!
Andrés
Club Member
Club Member

Hi, I'm Andrés, from Spain.

After a year in Dubai I have bought an XTerra and am looking forward to getting it dirty.
MUGHAL
Club Member
Club Member

Salam,

I'm Mughal. Completely new in off road field and this group. Got excited to join after reading few articles and details about this group on Facebook.
I'm from sharjah, have totally 0 experience in off road but as stated in the group that each and every member is considered as part of one family.
I would love to hear from someone who can guide me initially.
I have Lincoln Navigator, not even sure wether it's a good car to be taken off road.
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

MUGHAL wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:35 am Salam,

I'm Mughal. Completely new in off road field and this group. Got excited to join after reading few articles and details about this group on Facebook.
I'm from sharjah, have totally 0 experience in off road but as stated in the group that each and every member is considered as part of one family.
I would love to hear from someone who can guide me initially.
I have Lincoln Navigator, not even sure whether it's a good car to be taken off road.
Salam welcome to the club.
Please keep your eyes open for an upcoming Club Member Drive (CM) which will be posted in the near future. At the mean time, you can read the forum and prepare your recovery tools and equipment. That way when you complete your CM drive you can pass the tool inspection and receive your first star which will enable you to start your driving experience.

In regards to your car. We welcome any 4X4 having Hi LO set up. Your car as a start will do just fine. Later in the game and as you see that this is a hobby that you will like to pursue further, you may think of changing your car. This vehicle is big heavy and it's maintenance cost will be way too high to be sustained.

Looking forward to meet you on the first upcoming CM.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Affanf
Club Member
Club Member

Hello, my name is Affan and I live in Dubai. Never been to an off road event. I bought land cruiser 2015 GXR few months back and want to learn how it conquers the dessert :)
Looking forward to the next event and meeting like minded people on this form.
shyam262
Club Member
Club Member

Hello folks, I am Shyam from Dubai. I've been daydreaming about going off-road for a while now, and finally took the leap and got myself a 3.8L 4th gen Pajero. Super excited to be here on this supportive, friendly group! Can't wait to learn more about the dunes and my machine, and of course make friends along the way.
Mafalda

Hello everyone, I'm Mafalda and I'm from Portugal and have been living in Dubai for the past 3 and a half years.
Although I have zero experience in off road driving I joined a couple of drives with Almost 4x4 with my husband.
Now it's my turn to drive the Wrangler.
angel
Club Member
Club Member

Hi, my name is Angel, based in Dubai, entrepreneur by heart, and love desert drives from the moment I got exposed to them. Im driving a Jeep Wrangler, and look forward to join you on drives through the beautiful desert. Talk soon!
Sanadshaikh

Hello! Sanad here, Dubai based but mostly in AD during weekdays due to work (healthcare). Been driving for 17+ years and recently ventured into the 4X4 world with an FJ Cruiser, which I got 5 months ago. Spend the initial time researching and prepping basic tool kits, safety gear etc., followed by a 4-hour off-road course with an instructor and two other drives at Al Qudra with a small group. I must say the decision of moving to 4W has been the best so far and going places where no other vehicle goes, is a whole different feeling :D Looking forward to one of the drives, after the newbie drive is checked off.
korym

Hello everyone
This is Mohamed Korym from Egypt
I had couple of drives with the club and honestly i found very welcome spirit from everyone specially @Shamsi and all other marshals and members

Am driving white Pajero now and looking forward to involved more and more in the club activity

Thank you all again and wish to see you soon on sand thumbsup thumbsup