Garmin Montana 600 Series Tips & Tricks

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=2]Change History[/h] [h=4]Changes made from version 5.20 to 5.30:[/h] [h=4]Changes made from version 5.10 to 5.20:[/h]
  • Added Icelandic keyboard
Thedoc
Club Member
Club Member

Hi Guys, What is AMIT and where is it. Also looking to get new Stereo for jeep any good sources for car HiFi?
I have a Nuvi 1410 but looking at the Montana and the features I may have to get one.
Can you load the GCC maps for street driving into it?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thedoc;27210 wrote:Hi Guys, What is AMIT and where is it. Also looking to get new Stereo for jeep any good sources for car HiFi?
I have a Nuvi 1410 but looking at the Montana and the features I may have to get one.
Can you load the GCC maps for street driving into it?
AMIT is Garmin distributor in UAE, location 25.266114,55.295321 (Google Maps).
For car HiFi, there is an area in Sharjah, who have lots of stuff, location 25.3614,55.391348.

Forget any Garmin called Nuvi for the desert, it's just not good enough...

In any Garmin, you can load street maps, especially in Montana, if you purchase them (current version is 2013.40). Additionally into Montana you can load terrain maps, based on BirdsEye subscription from Garmin.
delta83
Advance
Advance

i might be the only one using the smallest gps in almost hahaha... garmin nuvi 255 and dakota 20 :killzonesmiley:
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The montana can do anything except compute your weekly groceries :thumbsup:
Mubz

strawb;27223 wrote:The montana can do anything except compute your weekly groceries :thumbsup:
It has calculator in it so you can do the total of groceries :) another problem solved by Montana :)
Mubz

This is for anyone but I hope chief can put me in right direction

I have two issues with my montana 650.

1. its note an issue more of needs a lesson:
I can get track logs from Montana and can get birds eye satelite image as well but I can not get the technical details like elevation, total time, travel time and stopping time ( report like Chieg generates it would be great to have this information if you someone can put me in right direction.

2. I am getting error message saying invalid birdseye file looking at the forums it says

""http://www.justanswer.com/gps/7wibt-ive ... -sent.html

The BirdsEye satellite imagery requires an unlock code, and when you set it up, a file is written to your MAC or PC that contains this unlock information.

If a file associated with a different device and therefore different unlock code, is inserted into a new device, the “Invalid BirdsEye File” error will appear. This error indicates that the satellite imagery file loaded on your Montana 650 is not unlocked to that device.

If you have a backup of the unlock file, try copying it onto your Montana 650 again. If not, you will need to reactivate your BirdsEye subscription on the Montana 650."

Since I bought this used it makes sense but not sure ow true this is ....... any thought on this anyone ?
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mubz;27991 wrote:This is for anyone but I hope chief can put me in right direction

I have two issues with my montana 650.

1. its note an issue more of needs a lesson:
I can get track logs from Montana and can get birds eye satelite image as well but I can not get the technical details like elevation, total time, travel time and stopping time ( report like Chieg generates it would be great to have this information if you someone can put me in right direction.

2. I am getting error message saying invalid birdseye file looking at the forums it says

""http://www.justanswer.com/gps/7wibt-ive ... -sent.html

The BirdsEye satellite imagery requires an unlock code, and when you set it up, a file is written to your MAC or PC that contains this unlock information.

If a file associated with a different device and therefore different unlock code, is inserted into a new device, the “Invalid BirdsEye File” error will appear. This error indicates that the satellite imagery file loaded on your Montana 650 is not unlocked to that device.

If you have a backup of the unlock file, try copying it onto your Montana 650 again. If not, you will need to reactivate your BirdsEye subscription on the Montana 650."

Since I bought this used it makes sense but not sure ow true this is ....... any thought on this anyone ?
Why to spend lots of time on typing, what already exists? :killzonesmiley:

There is in any software, mostly at the top right a secret button called Help. In most cases there is also stored a vital information to many questions, which is difficult to find over Internet, as it is already mentioned in the help section.
In BaseCamp it is really difficult to see this button, between other 11. I admit it is a very tough job to see it.
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=4]Changes made from version 5.30 to 5.40:[/h]
  • Improved pairing behavior with cadence sensors
  • Fixed Latvian keyboard
  • Fixed issue with reordering the list of profiles in Setup > Profiles
  • Fixed possible shutdown when viewing the Elevation Plot in landscape orientation
  • Fixed possible shutdown when selecting a route in the Route Planner application
  • Fixed possible shutdown when exiting the Photo Viewer application
  • Fixed possible issue with the Geocaching dashboard
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

[h=4]Changes made from version 5.40 to 5.60:[/h]
  • Added support for additional ActiveRouting cartography
  • Improved display of marine-specific lines in BlueChart g2 maps
  • Improved boot time when large amounts of photos are present
  • Fixed issue retrieving PLSS data in certain TOPO US 24k maps
  • Fixed possible issue with +/- buttons when using Sight N' Go
  • Fixed possible issue with the Distance to Destination data field in nuvi mode