Garmin Montana 600 Series Tips & Tricks

caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Duck Commander;12710 wrote:I never have any issue with the suction mount, and my unit never fall even when my car falls during off roading:)))))-
mine is fixed on the silver smooth part below vent, better to clean it with petrol prior to fixing the unit in case there is any polish on that area.
DC, can you post some pic of your installation?
Darshan

Wasif Ahmed;12715 wrote:LOL>...you know where ....from the Greyhound ! I've always had mine mounted there
Wasif i must admit, i got the idea from the grey hound :023:
Now pls let me know whether any royalty needs to be paid :059:
Darshan

FSL;12711 wrote:I've the same issue but only when the temp is really high and my car sits in the sun all day. But then it happens once in 2-3 weeks.
I try to stick it with atleast 3-4 water drops sitting on the cup...
Duck Commander;12710 wrote:I never have any issue with the suction mount, and my unit never fall even when my car falls during off roading:)))))-
mine is fixed on the silver smooth part below vent, better to clean it with petrol prior to fixing the unit in case there is any polish on that area.
I have already tried cleaning with water, now i will try the petrol. Actually i am working on another way to mount it conveniently. I will update when i get around to doing it.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Shafiq....now that you brought it up lets discuss the royalty issues.

Darshan....try superglue !
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wasif Ahmed;12715 wrote:LOL>...you know where ....from the Greyhound ! I've always had mine mounted there
Let me post photos, but really I didn't got idea from grey hound :(((( I was fixing my scan gauge there:))) it is like I fixed wooden box and Then some genius did the same with some modification and was charging 950 Ds for R&D he he he
Darshan

Wasif Ahmed;12722 wrote:Shafiq....now that you brought it up lets discuss the royalty issues.

Darshan....try superglue !
Sheesh Wasif bhai...You know i hate doing such things on my fj. i don't like to leave permanent scars on her. This is one of the reasons i am not going for the snorkel even though i want one badly.
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

Darshan;12724 wrote:Sheesh Wasif bhai...You know i hate doing such things on my fj. i don't like to leave permanent scars on her. This is one of the reasons i am not going for the snorkel even though i want one badly.
Superglue is car free !
Wasif Ahmed
Advance
Advance

I would recommend two snorkels ...one on each side .....car will look super cool and the second snorkel is good for a real 30 HP atleast !
caprihorse
Golden Member
Golden Member

Guys, this thread is about Garmin Montana and not about snorkels, pls delete your comments...
Duck Commander
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine is deleted marshal :))))-