Drive This Way

Desert Lizard
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am particularly surprised that no one has written a report about this trip till now? As a matter of habit, Newbie drivers are almost the first to report trips because of the excitment they feel, that is why I find it strange that till this time, nothing has been posted on the forum. Anyway...

"Drive This Way" was a glaring example of the generosity of Almost4x4, and a display of the family caring dimension that most people would not associate with an off-roading adventure club. The trip was in 4 parts, a night camp by the beach, morning swimming and water fun, an afternoon easy drive and an evening lunch+dinner: A complete weekend retreat for the entire family.

I missed the night camp so I can't tell much about it, but my Wife and myself joined the party at the beach at 9:00am, where some people were in the water, some were just waking up and others were "FISHING", the mood was cheerful with a very relaxed atmosphere. We gathered around had a few good laughs at the "kids" playing in the water and chatted around till about 11:00am.. then a break for prayer.

After Friday prayers we gathered at Umm AlQiwain roundabout and headed to the track. My wife was driving the FJ and I had the privilege of riding shotgun with Mr. Al Khatib himself. The convoy was formed with the legendary CapriHorse as leader and Lamboo :055: as second lead. Bu Salem, lent his Transformer to his son, and rode with Miss D. He was providing "tactical support" from somewhere behind. While Zico, got in his wrangler and was the ever vigilant sweeper all the way through. Advanced drivers and Explorers were scatters along the convoy supporting the newest members. As usual, Almost4x4 organization style is admirable and delivers results.

The track was at club member level so all intermediate and advanced drivers had a blast driving it without engaging 4x4 most of the time. Although the driving was easy, the route itself was very nice with plenty of terrain changes and different scenery to look at.

About halfway we crossed Emirates road and started moving to the camp, where food was waiting. However, it was still some distance away and our leader was in no hurry, for the convoy was making very good progress without any one facing any difficulty what so ever. Apart from missing a couple of turns where the convoy had to slow down or stop to regroup, it was smooth sailing.

Finally, we reached the camp, and what a pleasant surprise it was, specially for those who got their kids along with them. Somewhere in the middle of the desert, someone built a play ground with swings and basketball and volleyball and cabins for showers all enclosed in a fence with water an electricity. You could find a TV and DJ equipment and a small stage, with seating arrangements Arabic style "on the floor". I have no clue how Almost found this place, but it was very well organized.

Food was served Arabic style for the majority, and other ways for those not so accustomed to it. The Chicken and Mutton Biryani were top grade and everyone had their fill. Fruits and drinks were plenty around and there was no shortage of anything. Having arranged all this for the members is a testament to how dedicated and great Almost is.. all on their own expense.

After food, it was chat time. With a great weather, and all kids fully occupied in their games, we had a great time talking about a lot of things and enjoying the company of great friends.

Khatib has also demonstrated his Karak making skills and made and served karak to all present.

Slowly as the night went on, we started moving out back home, happy for a day well spent in the care of Almost 4x4. Those who didn't make it, really missed this one..

Thank you founders, you are definitely the best.
Bu Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Well, since DL said it all, there is not much left to say but that I had loads of FUN all the way starting 9 AM,
We had some laughs on the beach, and enjoyed watching "Dolphins",
After prayer we head on to the desert and the games began :011: can't share much details about my drive as I was very naughty :010: any way my friend Strawb can put it in better words.
Arriving to the camp at the kingdom of Ras Al Khaima, all i can think of is how on earth the Almosters found this place!!!!?
Thank you Founders, Marshals and each and every member who made my weekend a great one,
As usual, Almost 4X4 never fail to impress us. love you guys and thanks again.
strawb
Golden Member
Golden Member

The weekend was spectacular as always …… I brought a fewfriends with me so as to share the almost4x4 vibe ……. They were very impressedwith the generosity ….. the leadership ….. and the friendship our almost4x4family share together …..

As described with the activities ……. Night camp ….. morningswim … fish …. And chat ……. Day drive and dinner feast for all the participants…. As always it was a well-organized and well planned event!

A few of us had a blast at the rear of the convoy with the thumbs upapproval from our sweeping marshall Zico ……. Myself, my ride buddies bashar andmazaaj were doing it 2wd style all the way …..

Looking forward to whats in store this coming Friday

thank you Almost4x4

Keep the sand flying!!!!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

Drive This Way, was one of the unique drives we ever made. I believe it is the first even in the off-road clubs because when you think ofoff-roading it will come to your mind Sand & Mountain. Our Marshals started thinking out of the box so they decided to make a program for a FAMILY DAY with FOUR different activities “night camp, morning beach swimming, noon off-roaddrive and safari camp for dinner & kids’ games”

The timing was excellent for the water temperature andcamping temperature which was a bit tricky because the weather in UAE is not stable but our reading paid off.

The members enjoyed the private beach feelings although there are no facilities but you could see that this beach is really deserted because of the number of shells on the beach. At first night we enjoyed the sea breeze & desert breeze which was amazing cool night. In the morning we all jumped to the water swimming, fishing and some were only making splashes on the shower.

In the afternoon it was the off-roading time were we drove from UAQ through Al Othaib to our Camp Site (location is secret). Well it was agood opportunity for our new comers to break the ICE and try off-roading in avery simple way. The terrain was nice to with easy climbing and nice drops then wade with lots of trees.

At camp site, we all gathered to chit chat and enjoy the last hours of our amazing weekend. For me I left around 8 pm to head straight to BED!!

Thanks for all the people who joined us and made this eventanother success for almost4x4 family

[ATTACH=CONFIG]645[/ATTACH]
Best Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Miss D
Intermediate
Intermediate

:021: Alohaaaaaaa! Miss D is back….to take you all through her fairy tale journey of a land far far away…..HOLY SHMUCKS!!! Relax ….it’s not gonna be soooooo long, I promise not to write a book…im here just to give a TRIP REPORT!

Part 1
Well the fun started Thursday evening when I hit the road to reach the meeting point, met all the almosters there, filled up fuel and hit the roads going straight to the BEACH …Yes BEACH…not DESERT!
Well I had mixed up feelings as I suffer from HYDROPHOBIA!!! Yes Miss D is scared of water :013:….i have never ever went into the beach,,,forget beach even a swimming pool….(WELL…only once with water upto waist when I was forced to play with the dolphins at Atlantis)
So I was wondering that what I will be doing there in the morning as all planned to swim and have fun…hhhmmmmm….
Daddy Khatib did try his best to take me close to the shore and make me go into water but dint really succeed ….. he he he
Madlene came and said lets go a bit further and swim and I said I cant so she said OK just sit there,,,I said fine…so off we went …(yah, I know it sound like a story book…hang in there with me it will get over soon)
After Madlen went into the waters and started expressing how nice and refreshing it felt… I felt like hhhmmmm …shud I try…NAH! Somehow Madlene convinced me to get into water promising that she will not let be die! At least not that day ;)
So very bravely I went and YES …It felt soooooooooooo goooooood! Splish Splash Yipee Yaba daba doooo!!! We were in water for quite a while and were having fun …we could see lots of Almosters in the stranded ship nearby trying to Fish…. And they all looked like they were having fun….later I felt that I saw a SHARK …but nah it was SHAMSI deep into water with his Snorkel and Flippers (Super Pro)! :008:
Well I can go on and on and on abt this as it was a very special experience for me to get over my fear of WATER!

Part 2
Left the beach by 130pm and hit back to the roads taking us to the Desert….Yes DESERT! 1st Beach 2nd Desert….
It was a fun club members track and I had the privilege to have the GREAT SHARK oops GREAT SHAMSI as my passenger…..no no no his TRANSFORMER is perfectly fine…it was driven my his son SALEM!
We were led by Legendary Silvester and sweeped by FSL (FSL literally was sweeping guess he took it too seriously)
Loads of fun, sand showering moves, slidings and rally driving was going on at the end of the convoy,,,which was a lot of FUN!

Part 3
All the fun driving ended up at the great RAK camp,,,, I was actually wondering how did this come here in the middle of nowhere… beautiful and relaxing is the word to describe it. Very traditional and very well organized I must say…. We had amazing Chicken/Mutton biryani, fruits, drinks, Karak, all for US!
Felt like Her Highness ;) hehehe…
After all of the above….it hit to my head that I’m in RAK KINGDOM and I have to hit the roads to get back to home sweet home in Dubai. Had some extra shots of KHATIB’S magical KARAK so I could stay awake on the road!!!
Dint feel like leaving at all but I had too…had to say fare well goodbye to all and hit the roads back ….

One minute of pause as I wanna recap if I missed anything….hhhmmmm…. Almost got it all! :005:

The strange part is that every trip I say that this has been the best trip so far…and guess what it gets better and better every week!!!! So yet again I shall say “MY BEST TRIP SO FAR”!

No words of gratitude are enough to thank the founders and marshals for filling our lives with such beautiful and fun filled memories that I’m sure we will all cherish forever…( I just hope I don’t run out of memory space in my brain..hehehe) :005:

Super Big Thanks to all especially Shamsi, Silvester, Khatib, Abu Tariq, Abu Mahmoud and all others who were present on this beautiful event of the ALMOST 4X4 FAMILY! :043:
P.S. Only 729 words!!! :038:
CAMEL
Intermediate
Intermediate

Huge!!!! But super LIKE!!!:045:
Rashidjass
Marshal
Marshal

wow Miss D ........................well done :045:
Straight Roads Do Not Make Skillful Drivers yuush