FJ ABS Kill Switches

Darshan

Wasif Ahmed;17259 wrote:Zarir.

In 4 Lo the gearing is so low that on flat surfaces if you start out in first gear the car will dig into the sand so on flat surfaces its a good idea to strat out in third. Now coming down a slip face its more adviceable to start out in first than try second.

What gear you prefer is a matter of personal choice and the terrain you are in so try all the options and decide for yourself what works best for you.

With regards to A TRAC yes once you move to 4 HI it will de activate but you will notice that the switch will remain in the depressed position so its a good idea to manually switch it off thats all.

The Diff Lock will also cut once you move to 4 Hi but you will notice the diff lock light flashing which will damage teh actuator switch if left in the on position so just to play it safe I recommend manually switching off A TRAC and Diff Lock once you dont need them or are moving from 4 Lo to 4 Hi
Well sorted comments. Only thing is i would'nt reccomend leaving the atrac or diff lock on when driving around in LO. It is not designed for such use (abuse). Use it only to get out of sticky situations.
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

Checkout these videos, they give you a good idea about how the A Trac And Diff lock work, as well as all other components of the FJ: http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/demos.html
Mosalf

Nbaker;17289 wrote:Checkout these videos, they give you a good idea about how the A Trac And Diff lock work, as well as all other components of the FJ: http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/demos.html
Thanks, this is helpful...
Mosalf

Guys, how about an Fj meet once a month - you could invite people for different clubs (for technicals / driving technique)

I guess all of us new owners of the FJ have so much to learn and understand. Plus it could be a good social event and should eventually lead to the FJ Jumboree :D
Darshan

I am IN if you would organize one. Talk to Shamsi and see if you can convince him to organize one. Afterall he is a legendary Fjer!
fida
Advance
Advance

Though, I am an FJ owner but will not recomend to form a Club within a club. Then we have to have JEEP CLUB, NISSAN CLUB, PAJERO Club and other endless clubs. We all have one common club which is Almost4x4 and lets stick to it for all kind of official social gatherings. If anyone would like to creat a private social gathering, he/she is free to do so. This is just my opinion and the final Say is with Admin of Almost4x4.
bobpavan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Desert Fox;18352 wrote:Guys, how about an Fj meet once a month - you could invite people for different clubs (for technicals / driving technique)

I guess all of us new owners of the FJ have so much to learn and understand. Plus it could be a good social event and should eventually lead to the FJ Jumboree :D
Desert Fox - Its a very good idea to organize the FJ meet, However, please donot make almost forum to be the platform. Kindly do it somewhere else or check with Marshalls for a better Idea:048:
Nbaker
Intermediate
Intermediate

fida;18435 wrote:Though, I am an FJ owner but will not recomend to form a Club within a club. Then we have to have JEEP CLUB, NISSAN CLUB, PAJERO Club and other endless clubs. We all have one common club which is Almost4x4 and lets stick to it for all kind of official social gatherings. If anyone would like to creat a private social gathering, he/she is free to do so. This is just my opinion and the final Say is with Admin of Almost4x4.
I have to agree with Fida. As much as I love the idea of FJrs sharing their wisdom in a gathering, I believe this would go against what Almost 4X4 is all about, which is opening up the door to all off-roading pros and newbies to come alone or with their families and enjoy the beauty of the sport together as family. We can always have a dedicated section on the forum for each car model where everyone can share their experiences, thoughts and ideas.
FJ-Viking
Club Member
Club Member

Hello, i just joined your club. Nice to see a discussion about the FJ :)
I did this hack a few months ago http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/t ... -hack.html

it will disable everything, also abs, but in the same time you also engage the rear diff lock. I dont use it very often, but its fun sometimes to drive in 2 hi with rear diff lock engaged!! You can use rear difflock in 2hi 4hi and 4lo with this hack.
Big Red
Intermediate
Intermediate

Fj Viking did you have cut both wires cut?