Salalah 2014

a7madoooz

Dear al shamsi

I just want to advice you that once when I was coming back from Oman through Hatta boarders the took from me the walkie talkie and I told them I am a club member and I need it in the dessert but the still took it and they said its not allowed in UAE.

Notice : I went to oman several times before and after that time but no one checked the car.
ensan_90
Club Member
Club Member

I'm waiting for this from long time ago
Thanks for all
ensan_90
Club Member
Club Member

Dear Alshamsi,

Do you know any good hotel in salala that you recomned near to the place you going to be at ?
shaikh

Hi all. Eager to visit salalah since a long time. It's much better& enjoyable with the club. But I can't make it due to work load & responsibilities at work. Need to plan some time later . good luck to all. Enjoy the trip. Cheers.

@Abu salem good plan to beat the sevear heat of UAE.
KIMOz
Crew
Crew

I was dreaming to join this trip since long time, but this your I cant make it as Iam outside the UAE. Hope to join the next year. Have fun and we need loads of videos and photos.... ENJOY :D
adventure motox

Im stuck at work as well... :(
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Timing:
We are going to be very strict on timing so be aware that I’m might leave you behind if you are late… I’m going to sacrifice one for the good of the group… Please don’t test me. Of course on chill out time we can have democracy to stay longer, drive longer that is OK.

Accommodation:
By now I assume all of you have your own accommodation or at least you are in range of 4 km from Darbat Hotel (N17° 0.558 E54° 4.614) where the majority of the members are.

Navigation & Communication:
1. UHF programmable radio
2. GPS can read our club’s format [hdddºmm.mmm’]
- There is a possibility that you get lost among the traffic jam or at check points so we need to be in communication in all time also mobiles might be not that useful because we don’t want to spend money on international calls.
- Don’t ask me if Radios are allowed or not. Just get one, it is your responsibility.

Fuel :
1. If your car can drive more than 400 km with full tank then you are fine otherwise I would recommend strongly having a 20 letters Jerrycan.( We are going to do long drives to the borders of Yaman).

Dress & Protection:
1. Heavy cloths
2. Rain cloths
3. Sun Block
4. Of course you need summer dress.
5. Anti-mosquito
6. Umbrella will be a good idea too
7. You might need tracking shoes because it will be handy when we will do the Tawi Attir SINK HOLE walk.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
a7madoooz

Unfortunately I cant do it :(
I couldn't get the visa :'(
anitosh9

Friends,
All of you driving to Salalah, enjoy the trip safely. Waiting for the cool pics.

I was waiting for this trip,,,,, but work commitments have tied me since I'm flying to India the following weekend to bring my family back here.

So have great fun and cheerssssss.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear All

Although I already mentioned some important points earlier I want to draw your attention to very important facts about a long drive like 1300 K.M that we are planning to make to another country.

1. You must had a full check up for your car ( tires, break, oils, A/C , bushes & suspension system).
2. You must sorted by now your visa issue and you are sure about the procedure.
3. You need insurance to Oman , So if you have it then bring the paper otherwise don't worry. You are going to make one on boarder.
4. You MUST give yourself a GOOD SLEEP the night before a long drive.
5. There will be petrol stations on the highway with no fuel so be prepared ( did you get your 20 lt. Jerrycan? ).

I will keep updating until the event date so please keep an eye on this thread.

Best Regards
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills