Survive the Tide

brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters

It was a lovely sunny morning adjacent to the Al Ain Airport if somewhat chilly at around 14C
The drivers started arriving and deflating – there was a little confusion as @Rashidjass had also posted a drive “No Pain No Gain” for brave intermediates. With similar meeting point and time.
Once that was sorted out our briefing was done by @Scorpio we would be travelling through the amazing area from Al Ain to Sweihan with some large dunes giving an opportunity for the 10+ Newbies to put into practice the skills they have been developing
High arches, crossovers, straight climbs, long steep drops, safari style and some technical areas thrown in.
We had @Ehab in 2nd lead, @mpodroid mid convoy for support, our founder @alshamsi_m floating around in the jimny – popping up everywhere to give instructions and advise where needed. I was assigned as sweeper.
The Drivers all performed really well so we had a nice flow and only a few interruptions – a popout and a deflated tire – both rectified quickly by the team. A few 2nd tries but that’s a normal part of the learning process better to be safe and to turn down rather than fight gravity or fly over a crest.
Towards the end of the drive, we arrived at the “old lady” dune the first few cars did a climb on the dune only to be interrupted by another small convoy driving through and splitting us completely – they seemed to have no regard for polite desert etiquette and were more interested in their own agenda. So @Scorpio changed our track and drove around to the other side of the old lady – there the drivers had a nice drop, a left turn and steep climb with a right turn and climb to the straight crest, this resulted in a few 2nd tries as drivers slowed be for the crest in order not to fly. By this time the intermediate convoy had joined us and they sat perched on the crest of the old lady watching our group do the cross. As sweeper I managed to need 2 attempts to cross the dune ! on both first attempts the WASP just didn’t want to give me the momentum to reach the top – plus I did not want to fly over the top !

The drive ended on time in the Sweihan area where we inflated said our goodbyes and headed home. Even with the 530am wake up it was a lovely way to spend a Sunday morning in the dunes.

By the way the WASP is for sale – if interested or you know anyone who is looking for a FJ please check out my listing in the bazar section of the website forum.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Aljamhi
Crew
Crew

An Off-Road Adventure to Remember

The day began with the desert bathed in golden sunlight, marking the start of an exciting journey. Packing my gear, I felt eager for the "Survive the Tide" drive led by Marshal Scorpio—a promise of thrilling desert exploration.

Heading to the meeting point, excitement buzzed in the air. Chance meetings with adventurers Paddy and Tabu added to the thrill. Arriving at 8:10 am, I joined enthusiasts gearing up for the off-road adventure.

Guided by Scorpio, we readied ourselves for the rugged journey. Despite a tire issue disrupting the start, the marshals swiftly fixed it, emphasizing teamwork in challenging terrains.

Resuming the drive, we faced exhilarating challenges—cresting and navigating the old lady dunes, testing both our vehicles and our determination.

The day ended with a sense of achievement and a delicious Madhbi lunch, a fitting conclusion to a day filled with overcoming obstacles and forming lasting bonds amidst the desert's vastness.

Reflecting on it, "Survive the Tide" wasn't just about conquering landscapes; it embodied adventure—embracing challenges, fostering friendships, and discovering personal strength in nature's untamed beauty.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

After coming back from Liwa and living in my FJ for a week, I decided to drive the Jimny this time for Al Ain area.

The meeting point was new for members, also the size and the angle of the dunes was different too. @Scorpio gave us very nice lines to push the members and practice for the higher level.

Although the area has so many tracks since of the areas are closed in Sharjah and Dubai but the that didn't stop our leader to find the best for us.

All in all, it was another great day in the sand and looking forward to see you soon.

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Paddy

With every drive I feel I am learning some new skills and moving forward in the journey.

I am really thankful to Founders specially @alshamsi_m for finding Almost4x4.

A big thanks to all Marshals and support team to keep the quality of the club far better than others in the region.

@Scorpio Thank you for creating the drive and always finding path for safe passage with learning on how to drive in such situations.

See you all on sand soon.

BR
Paddy
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
Vika

Hello everyone!🤗

It was a quite long time I did not drive, so was waiting for "Survive the Tide" with passion. My first drive in 2024🌲☃️❤️
Arrived to the meeting point I found almost everyone were there. It It always my big pleasure to see all the members with smile on their faces and greedy anticipation of the drive. After a short briefing, @Scorpio set the order of the convoy, where @Ehab took an honorable second lead, and I, in turn, took the third. @brett was sweeping, @mpodroid was in the middle of the convoy, @alshamsi_m was floating.
After all the convoy was lined up, we moved. First dune, first climb and oops😬 , noone able to do it, well @Scorpio mentioned that 👏.

After some time we managed to catch up with the flow and enjoyed the ride. Area itself was fantastic, track included lots of arches, climbs, drops and couple of crests. All the convoy completed the drive with minimum number of incidents and everyone came back home safe and sound.

Thank you @Scorpio for one more unforgettable morning, @alshamsi_m for his unique approach of every rescue situation and keeping his sharp eye on us, each and everyone who made this event possible.

Looking forward to see you soon 😊

With love ❤️

Yours Vika :innocent:

"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
Moustafa19
Crew
Crew

Hello everyone

Was beautiful cold morning and I was excited as the area and the sand color in google maps was beautiful

Once I have reached I noticed it much beautiful than my expectations, and we have met our friends who are in intermediate trip also 😊

Once trip started we noticed the high dunes that @Scorpio was taking us to it
Track was very nice and deferent from the previous trips so we had nice time and new learning

As usual @alshamsi_m was given everyone his important advices and instructions 😅

Was beautiful day and trip, thanks for everyone 😍
Ely

Hello Almosters,

——— message to the marshals and Crew ————
Dear Marshals,
I would like to thank you, the support team, and the organizers for your dedication, time, and patience. Your devotion and passion make a huge difference. We are truly lucky to have you! The grass is certainly not greener elsewhere 😉. So thank you, guys, for always keeping us safe and helping us grow!
————————————/////————————————

As for the drive… I was super excited! With that catchy name, I was wondering what Scorpio had in store for us…
Also, it was a new area for me; I had never driven in Al Ain before, and I found the area to be similar to Badayer, as it seemed very popular due to the presence of many tracks.

Our convoy was organized as follows:
Scorpio was leading with Ehab as the second lead, Bu Salem floating (in his Jimny), Mpdroid in support, and Brett was our sweeper.

Overall, the drive went quite well, just a few second trials, and the pace was slow, which strangely I found challenging. I know that must sound weird, but a slow pace requires control, and I still need more practice with that big car. Driving it still feels like… how to explain… imagine you normally wear a pair of 37 shoe size, and today you are trying to walk with a 44… I think you get my feeling now.
I was trying to find "when to turn in advance so the car is actually turning when I want and where it’s needed." I was also trying to figure out the amount of power to use to slide well and not drift… well, it’s still a work in progress 😬🫣 but at least I gained in confidence.

In the end, we also had a nice coffee break with Bu Salem’s special cookies.

See you all very soon! As usual, lovely to see you all!

Ely
evanwhateverlinethignystuff
 ! Message from: Ely
« Il n'est pire eau que l'eau qui dort »

« There is no worse water than sleeping water »