No Pain no Gain new series

nidal78
media
media

Hi dear Almosters
No pain no gain new series intermediate drive what an awesome drive 🤩
I reached the meeting point next to Al Ain airport start to deflate and prepare my self for the drive but didn’t see my fellows around 🤔
Then I received a call from our marshal Rashid Jass asking me: Nidal where are you?
I told him that I am at the meeting point!
He said come habibi the meeting point is behind the dunes where I was at the newbies meeting point 😅
I moved quickly and climbed the dune to found my fellows
The briefing was serious by our leading marshal Rashid, he mentioned that it is not easy area and we have to be careful, not to fight gravity, no shame on making second tries, making bigger distance in big dunes and to rely on the momentum not on the power of the car
The action started immediately high climbing and a lot of side cresting but at the first part the dunes were too bumpy which caused a lack of momentum while climbing and in one of these bumpy bowls one of the members lost his skid plate and had to leave the drive
After that the dunes became much better nice and clean so the group started to preform better
Rashidjass gave us a master class on ridding the crests switching from side to side and learning how to control our cars on these big dunes
We had few second tries, one stuck and one self recovery
Overall it was an amazing experience with a lot of fun and joy with a great company
Closing my report with a big thank to Rashidjass for organizing this amazing drive and for his great leading
A big thank as well for Optimus for his great guidance, Mahmood Yasin for his great efforts and to all my fellow drivers who played safe and did well
See you all on sand again
osman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello dear dune friends,

Three long months after my last intermediate drive, I was able to join this one; many thanks to @Rashidjass for opening this drive with a short notice. 2023 passed only three int drives for me, although I joined every drive announced while I was in Dubai (Except one, which I lost two tyres on the asphalt while on the way to the meeting point). I was very jealous while checking the app and reading the trip reports, but that's life and luck! With that motivation, I was the first person (not @brett) at the meeting point, which was common with the newbie convoy.

@Rashidjass briefed us the nature of the area, warned the dune shape as sides are sharp and it is not event-free innocent area. With him leading, @optimus and @Mahmoodyasin floating we started to drive but within the first half hour or so one member had to leave because of the skid plate issue. We were then left only ten cars to continue.

The area was heavily destroyed by other convoys, especially the first half of the drive. We were driving on mid to mid-high size of dunes, not large bowls and riding crests. Climbing on corrugated sand causing speed loss, a bit of a rodeo ride and a lot of sound inside the car - which I forgot for a long time. I had a few second tries, because of the rust in my hands, foot and the brain. And maybe adapting to my different brand of tyres as well.

We met with the newbie convoy at the Old Lady Dune towards the end of the drive, said hello to all of them telepathically and kept driving after the photo pose. Then finished the drive exact time as in the invitation.

Thanks again @Rashidjass for the excellent lead, @optimus and @Mahmoodyasin for the support for having me another joyful day et the desert. Hoping more to come...
Warning: Sand is addictive... and also the sea salt.
aknigge
Intermediate
Intermediate

My first highlight was to see 12 hot air balloons in the air on the way to the meeting point. Simply beautiful.

The area we drove in was new to me. We started directly behind Al Ain airport on the hill where intermediates meet. Since I did not know that, I join the Newbie group at the meeting point below the hill… first intermediate challenge: FIND THE RIGHT MEETING POINT 😉

At the beginning of the drive my 4x4 didn’t properly engage although it was showing on the console. I went up the first few dunes with 2-wheel drive and quickly realized that I could not continue like that. Big thank you to @Rashidjass and @optimus for helping me troubleshoot and get the 4x4 working.

I loved the area and the drive and really enjoyed the side cresting and the fast pace. We went up and down some big dunes and enjoyed some amazing views.

A big Thank You to @Rashidjass for leading the drive so well and also to @optimus for some really good advice and tips.

Looking forward to the next trip!!