Salalah Adventure 2023

Aljamhi
Crew
Crew

I am excited to share my incredible journey to Salalah with you. The trip was filled with breathtaking nature, thrilling adventures, and unforgettable moments. From the beauty of the surroundings to the camaraderie of the team, and the exceptional leadership, every aspect of the trip was nothing short of marvelous.

The first day of the trip greeted us with a sense of wonder as we explored new locations. The serene swimming pools were a refreshing delight, and the hike to Aishat canyon was an adventure on its own. The route proved to be challenging, but the sense of accomplishment was worth every step.

The second day was equally mesmerizing, particularly as we ventured close to the Yemeni border. The highlight was undoubtedly the Fayzyah beach – a picturesque haven that provided the perfect setting for relaxation and enjoyment.

One of the most unforgettable days of the trip was the day 5, when we embarked on a memorable journey walking through a river stream. The feeling of being immersed in nature's embrace was beyond compare.

However, the trip took an unexpected turn on the day 6 due to an emergency situation in the UAE. Regrettably, I had to leave the group to attend to the matter.

In conclusion, my trip to Salalah was a truly remarkable experience. The stunning landscapes, exciting adventures, and the bond formed with the team made it an unforgettable escapade. I look forward to future opportunities to explore more of the Salalah's wonders and create new memories.

Best regards,

ALJAMHI
ahmadtodxb
Crew
Crew

A Joyful Trip to Salalah: 8 Days of Pure Delight

Buckle up for the ride with Nidal; my adventure kicked off from Sharjah at 7:30 PM, fuelling our excitement as we set out for Salalah, Oman. At 8:30 I crossed the borders waiting the group to gather and then we ventured onto the open road, heading toward our destination

Salalah welcomed us at 2:00 PM the next following day, and guess what? Our cameras got a workout at Thumrait Salalah view as we captured our Day0 group photos.

Day 1 had us chasing waterfalls and leaving footprints of adventure. Koor Waterfall's refreshing plunge was just the beginning, followed by the exhilarating Aishat Waterfall, where we swam like champs. A mission to an abandoned ship in Aftelqoot made us feel like true explorers, even if muddy terrain foiled our ultimate plan in that day.

Day 2 dawned with high adrenaline. From Marnif Cave's mysteries to the foggy thrill of Sarfayt's sharp turn’s road, we found ourselves racing through the mountains. Dalkut and Rakhyut were like pit stops in the journey. And oh, the climb to Heaven? A gate opened by myself (don’t forget what I did guys) led us to a mountain wonders.

Day 3 unveiled nature's grandeur. TAIQ CAVE had us spellbound, Samhan Mountain had us sitting among clouds, and the ancient Bobaab trees were we took very nice photos there. Gravity hill gave us giggles, and as Al Shamsi agreed: someone among us was the "strongest man in the group." I believe you know who is 

Day 4 was pure delight. Drabat Park embraced us with its beauty, while the strange Cave's was reached through mud, reminding us that adventure isn't always clean. And what better way to end the day than a beach BBQ at Dhariz.

Day 5 was a revisit of awesome. Returning to Ifalqqot, we rediscovered the abandoned ship and then heading to Hotta Waterfall. It was crazily amazing.

Day 6 brought exhilaration to new heights at Jojib Big Waterfall. We conquered it with joy, and our spirits were higher than the falls themselves.

As Day 7 arrived, gratitude filled the air. Gathered together, we thanked Bu Salim for masterminding this epic journey. With a heartwarming mix of happiness and nostalgia, we hit the coast road to UAE, our minds replaying Salalah's magic.

In the end, this was more than a trip; it was a rollercoaster of emotions, laughter, and shared moments. To Bu Salim and the unforgettable group we became, Salalah's charm will forever be attached in our memories as the ultimate destination of enjoyment.

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

I see plenty of full stories, I am sorry, I cannot.

It has been an amazing trip, with a lot better weather then last year, great company and great adventures. I still feel my legs as normally they won't get the same exercise Psmiley
But what a fun!

Thank you all for the company and Shamsi for the extensive planning and organization

Tom
Paddy

Trust me when I write this "I can still feel that cool breeze".

I wish to start this post with a big thanks to our beloved Founder @alshamsi_m for doing all the hard work of arranging this memorable experience for us. He not only went with us, but he went before us to find all the points we touched on this trip.

Best thing one can give to others is their time as it never comes back, and he is giving it to us for way too long.
I was lucky to get a chance to be a part of the team visiting Salalah this year.
Excitement was on top of the roof as soon I got to know that I am going Salalah. Finally, the day arrived.
Day 0 we all were supposed to meet after crossing border, but I started from Abu Dhabi with my dear friend @ Aljamhi . After crossing the border, I decided to reward myself with Mandi cool .

Once all members reached the meeting point along with our founder, we had briefing and started our journey for Salalah.
As it was a night drive Abu Salem planned timely stops for us on the way we took a break of 2 hours to rest/sleep. Which made sure safety of all members is first priority.
After driving whole night finally, we reached the gates of heaven, trust me when I say these words. I was told that it’s a totally different than rest of Oman. It was 100% true. Whether/Temperature before entrance was same as UAE, but just after the entry gate it was a different world with nice breeze.
Day1, Day2, Day3, Day4, Day5 and Day6 were full of fun, offroad-driving and surprises. If you get a chance to join Salalah drive consider yourself lucky as it was an experience which you will not find in middle east and going there with almost4x4 is cherry on the top as whatever Abu Salem does he does it best, he did extensive study of the area and created an itinerary which is close to impossible to arrange in this short span of time. We can’t say thank you enough for the hard work he has put in for all the Salalah experience.

Hence it would be wrong to say Salalah is not a drive it is an experience, which you can’t have enough.

I can’t wait for the next year trip and more experience to share. Special Thanks to my friend @ahmadtodxb for capturing precious moments with his camera all along the way.

Until next time
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Almost every year I used to try to join the Salalah trip but unfortunately, it never materialized. However, this year I got lucky and managed to escape from work for a week to see the world of wonders :in_love: . Our travelling preparation started just a week before the departure date and my wife, and I split into two teams to complete it on time and on the departure day, we were all set to go. The hotel was arranged easily, e-visa was also done, and it was a nice and easy experience crossing the border.

The meeting point was strategically chosen to fill up the fuel and grab some snacks if needed. The place had a mandi shop as well if someone wanted to have a proper dinner after entering Oman. We did not eat over there so; I don’t know the taste and hygiene condition. Once we all gathered, Bu Salem called for the briefing and told us about the plan to reach to Salalah. The focus was that we should drive safely, respect the timing, stick to the convoy - if someone loses the way then he/she can still follow the route and catch the convoy on the way to Salalah. The convoy order was told by Bu Salem, and we started the journey.

Since it’s a long way from the border to Salalah therefore, Bu Salem held the convoy before Haima for a couple of hours of sleep when one of the members announced that he is feeling tired and sleepy – as a leader Bu Salem was very responsible, accommodative, and understanding to the needs of the convoy. We stopped at a layby in the middle of empty quarter, and I realized that its pitch dark here and I should try to see if the milky way is visible from here (I have seen it twice before and I know what is needed to get lucky to see it). Well, it was visible to the naked eye up to a certain extent so, I went to my wife and asked her to come out of the car. She has never seen one before and it was an unbelievable experience for her to see it live with her eyes. That was a bonus :in_love: !

After completing the journey, entering Salalah was an event, in itself. You are welcomed by a mountain and once you climb you find yourself in dense clouds with almost zero visibility on the road as if you are entering into another world thumbsup . Before reaching Salalah, Bu Salem took us to a view point on the same mountain and he found it is too slippery and risky. So, we stopped and took pictures from a good big balcony and when we had to turn around and return back on the road then Vika’s car started slipping and it became a rescue situation. The viking rope came out on Day 0 and Bu Salem pulled her up to save the day :yuush: .

After reaching Salalah, we headed to the famous restaurant No. 8 and had the mouth-watering :yaeh_am_not_durnk: lunch over there. Post lunch, we all left to search for our hotels and take the needed rest for the next day. On the same day in the evening, I went to Salalah Gardens Mall and the Chinese Village as they were near my hotel and family had a fun time there shopping.

Day 1
Bu Salem used to announce the plan for each day to give you a heads up to prepare yourself. Day 1 plan was to visit the Koor waterfall after a family hike, then reaching the Aishat springs with an intermediate hike and in the end going to Al Shadelf Aftelqoot to have the abandoned ship view.

It was the first day and the excitement was reaching the sky. As per the plan, we reached Koor area, and the cars turned into boats to go through flowing water streams to reach to a stop where we parked our cars and started the hike. As it was the first experience for my family therefore, this family hike was still quite adventurous for them, and I had to make sure that we enjoy it to the max without any risk. The Koor waterfall is a spectacular place with abundant place to picture taking. A perfect spot for insta people cool

Next was the Aishat springs and now I feel that visiting Koor before was a good idea as we got into the mindset of hiking with it, and it helped us a lot in Aishat hiking. It just so happened that Kimoz and I were having slower hiking pace than others as we were helping our families to go though all those places and we became like to family combo (which lasted till the last day of the trip thumbsup ) to hike together to reach to the destination of Aishat springs pool. As I was helping my wife and daughters to cross the water areas especially therefore, I used to step into water first to check the depth and then used to help them cross it. There was one nasty spot on the way where you had to go down into the water and then climb up the rocky stairs against a strong flow of water. This is where I damaged my phone (one of speaker stopped working due to drowning in water – supposedly it’s a waterproof phone wtfsmilie ). When we reached to the pools at the end of hiking, we found out that Paddy was almost sucked in into a pothole under the pool and was saved by Bu Rashid - he got a 2nd life. you're kidding, right

By the way, the same area which damaged my phone, proved to be even more difficult to cross on the way back because this time we had to go downward along with the strong flow of water. I knew that was the only way to cross to the other side, but everyone refused to take that path and started searching for an alternate route. Kimoz found a way but when he stepped into the water then it was too deep for the families and the water flow was strong as well so, even though he crossed but told his family not to come from that route. Now, I brought everyone back to the original route and had to cross that section multiple times until everyone reached to the other side with Kimoz standing on the other side receiving the parcels from this side grin. It was quite an adventure for everyone and brought a sense of accomplishment after crossing it safely.

The last part of the day was to visit the abandoned ship. Things were going fine until I saw Bu Salem started a mountain climb on a wet muddy path and experienced his car getting skid badly with almost no traction wtfsmilie . He immediately alarmed the convoy to stop as it was too slippery. Tom was behind him and had to abort and come back after engaging 4L. Bu Salem turned around somehow and even on the way back I saw him skidding but alhamdulillah he returned safely. So, we could not see the abandoned ship on Day 1 due to unavoidable circumstances.

Day 2
The day started in an interesting way to visit the Marnif Cave. A good walk of 10 min from the parking area till the cave site followed by a beautiful scenery of sea hitting the mountains. For a very long time, I wanted to go and see that place where you stand over the grill and the sea water burst out from it and on this day the dream came true ORLY . We had taken many pics there and collected a lot of good memories to cherish.

Visiting Sarfayt, Dalkut and Rakhyut (where we enjoyed the camel milk bought earlier yaeh am not durnk ) was enjoyable and scenic but the highlight of the day was the Climb To The Heaven. An awesome experience full of excitement. Even though it was a long day, but we still visited Fazayeh beach in the evening and stayed till late. It’s a beach where you will feel like you are in a fantasy world – it’s unreal. OSMILEY

Day 3
I survived the first two days without getting bitten by mosquitoes but on this day, I got bitten by thousands of mosquitoes and insects in Attir Sink hole and had to return TT TT . So, as per the plan we reached to the sink hole parking, and I started hiking down the sink hole with my daughters after everyone had left (Kimoz left behind – he knew about the mosquitoes down there I think grin ). We were able to see the team first, then we stopped seeing them, but they were still hearable and then we stopped hearing them as well. But we kept going down until we got hit by army of mosquitoes and my daughters asked me to leave and go back up you're kidding, right . I could not resist, and we started climbing back up to find ourselves bitten everywhere. We sat down at the parking area to enjoy some coffee and snacks with Kimoz family until the warriors came back from the sink hole. :yuush:

Taiq cave was skipped due to advanced hike and rainy weather, and we went straight to the Jabal Samhan view to enjoy the scenery. The next point was the Bobaab tree with a family hike followed by a scenic view off the cliff – and to find the spiders webs. :yarr:

We also visited the Gravity Point and Shabon spring and park in the later part of the day and Bu Salem pulled out a surprise in the form of a live BBQ in the evening on Alhafa beach. AhmedtoDXB executed the plan flawlessly and we enjoyed a lot of fresh BBQ on the beach. I think I ate the most! :yaeh_am_not_durnk:

Day 4
This was the Yellow day. The day when we visited the famous Darbat Park and Lake. My wife had seen many videos of this place on social media before coming to this trip and always used to ask me when we are going to Darbat. in love
The walk to the lake was entertaining. Pedal boating in Darbat lake with that surrounding view was priceless. I took a boat for 4 with me and my daughters pedaling (they kept switching while I was not allowed to switch TT TT ). I think we pedaled for good 20 minutes from one end to the other and later came out and enjoyed some ice-cream and potato on the cob.

The next stop was the travertine curtain waterfall which was equally beautiful. Later we visited the feeder cave – it was slippery. I tried to go down to the front of the cave to take a group picture from a bit far but aborted after Bu Salem’s advice melt . Visiting the athoom spring and the tabriq spring was relaxing and interesting. After that we closed the day with a lot a beautiful memories.

Day 5
The adondoned ship view which we could not have on Day 1 was made possible this day when we went back to Al Shadhelf Aftelqoot :yuush: . This time it was possible to drive up with caution and witness the ship and the canyon fire sounds (those who read this and have never been there can ask me about it grin )

The plan was to visit Al Hoota beach, Al Hoota waterfall – hike & Swim and my family decided to stay behind and not to go for the hike this time. So, I stayed behind with them and was joined by Kimoz and Phoenix families as well. We took out our chairs and found a good place in the flowing water to place our seats and sit and chill for the next couple of hours until the rest of the group come back from the hike. Believe me, it was so relaxing to sit in that cold water. :in_love:

The next point was Shaat view park but the highlight of the day was to visit the hidden Ifalqqot beach. It was a ride through the jungle with muddy track where @AhmedtoDXB was honored to open the door for us and I closed it behind me. However, the patch towards the end of the track got dangerously slippery and Bu Salem told us to stop and turned around immediately :you_re_kidding_right: . I was sweeping the convoy and now became the lead car to take the convoy out. On the way back, I opened the door again and this time Bu Salem closed behind him. After reaching back the Shaat park, I called it a day as the family was not feeling well, while other continued the day and went to the Fazayeh beach to spend the evening.

Day 6
The day started by visiting the Hazrat Imran’s tomb. The grave holds the record for the longest tomb in the world, with a length of 41 feet (12.5 meters) – and incredible sight.
We visited Razat and Salhoot springs, but the highlight of the day was the Jojib big waterfall with hiking. I think there was no other better way to close the trip than this hike.

So, we went through a muddy and slippery area, then entered the jungle and then reached to the foot of this waterfall. The plan was to reach to the cave which was hidden behind the waterfall curtain. We started climbing in the water stream which kept getting difficult as we go up until we reach to the point where the water was coming directly on our heads. However, with Bu Salem leading we kept going and reach to the cave :in_love: . It was spectacular and unbelievable – a lifetime experience that can never be explained. :yuush:

Day 7
Now this was the last day in Salalah, and we were supposed to head back home. However, to add more colours to the trip, Bu Salem added some more points on the way back before Haima through the coastal line. Though it costed us 2 extra hours but for me it was worth passing by those areas; including but not limited to the oasis, witch rock, grand canyon. ORLY

I crossed the border by 1030pm and reached home by midnight safely.

Million thanks to @alshamsi_m who planned this incredible trip and executed with perfection. Also, hats off to the crew members who put in their efforts around preparations and made it a joyful experience for everyone. :have_a_nice_day:

PS: Its not possible to capture and justify the experience in the trip report unless you go there and feel what Salalah is!

Cheers,
Last edited by Scorpio on Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

Such event needs months of preparation. We had two visits scouting to make the final program. Our crew team was working for more than 2 months to make the preparations and the goodie bags so hat off for them specially Kimoz & Brett.

Our convoy was only 10 cars which made it much easier for moving from one place to the other. Also the number of stops were much less which gave me the space to execute daily plans.

Although 2018 we changed the name of Salalah Event to Adventure, the 2023 members were crazier and we had more fun.

I am not going to describe day to but I summarise it in one statement " You can go Salalah , but you will never have like our company or Adventure ".

Before I close I would like to thank Scorpio who was my safty net and Kimoz & Tom for their effort to keep the convoy safe.

Till next adventure , Stay Safe and see you in the sand.

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Vika

And finally hello everyone!!! :in_love:

Salalah🌳🌲🌴 trip is one of the most long-awaited events of our club. You wait so long, you prepare so carefully and now these unforgettable days are behind you, leaving in your heart ❤️ some of the most colorful memories that I want to share with you in my trip report
It has already become a small tradition for me to celebrate my birthday with my Almost4×4 friends at a speed of 140-160 km/h grin What could be more memorable for a person who cannot sit quietly for 5 minutes. For the second year in a row, this trip has been the most precious gift for me. I thank all the members for warm congratulations and wishes :in_love:
And this birthday was the most real for me. It's absolutely clear why the organizer strongly recommends this trip for members with 10+ drives. Without certain skills, one can make a fatal mistake, as the weather of Salalah dictates certain conditions. Day 0, first stop at the scenic entrance and first lesson. "First observe, then go" :omg: Drizzling rain makes muddy roads very dangerous and this is not a desert where the sand can soften the situation, one wrong maneuver and the car becomes uncontrollable on a slippery muddy surface. Thank God, I learned to leave my EGO at home and, sensing danger, immediately asked for help. Everything went well, @Scorpio
and @alshamsi_m did a prompt rescue for me, but the lesson was learned by all the members :slow:
Further more
Each of the 7 days was very active and eventful. This is exactly the case when reality exceeds all expectations. Purposefully this time I did not use the phone for photos and videos, because I really wanted to enjoy every moment with my own eyes. No camera can convey all the beauties Salalah is filled with. And it was this time that I managed to see something that I had not been able to see before. I never knew such Salalah. Every corner, every zigzag, every place was overflowing with the mighty force of nature.
Endless ocean, majestic mountains, powerful waterfalls, mysterious caves, beaches, hidden in the fog, all this cannot be described in words.
In addition to the magical beauty, it is impossible not to highlight very important points, like a professional approach to the organization, from the presentation to the detailed plan of each day. Perfect leadership, fearless, but at the same time secure for each participant. We do not take into consideration small scratches and bruises, all this will heal until next year, but it was worth it. you're kidding, right And of course, it is impossible not to mention the incredible team spirit of all the members. I can say that we had the best, cool, courageous and a very funny team. All the puzzles have been put together for the perfect outdoor activities.
As a child, one of my favorite cartoons was and still remains a cartoon about Mowgli. Previously, I only joked about this, but incredibly, I managed to personally meet one you're kidding, right His name was Manuel. I don’t know how, but for some reason it was in me that this guy felt some kind of wild freedom and energy that I try to block in my everyday life, and in vain. Child dream came true in the most unforgettable place. I still cannot believe that it is possible to climb up the powerful waterfall. It must be admitted that our leader is the best, it became possible only thanks to him and his efforts.
Once again I want to thank all the members, separate thanks to our Crew team and, of course, @alshamsi_m.

P.S., I came home with a huge "sink hole" in my heart. I really miss all the emotions that I experienced during the Salalah trip 2023 and all of you guys! :innocent:

Looking forward to see you all for the future adventures.

Yours Vika :in_love:
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"