Petrol Heads II

Ehab
media
media

A trip i was waiting for a while, Old Sweihan area does not disappoint you, no matter how many times you go there, you will be amazed with this area. I still remember the first time we went there and i still does not believe this is on earth.

We had very few incidents compared to other drives and we had good flow thanks to all drivers who played it safe.

Enjoy watching
orlantsev
Advance
Advance

Hello all,

The Petrol Heads 2 was in the Old Sweihan. I think it is the weather, so by the meeting time it was only Petr, myself and Marshals. Some people arrived just 10 minutes before the start, just enough to deflate.

Optimus explained the drill, I was asked to sweep and it was a last man standing rule. The intent was to visit 6 big bowls in 3 hours allotted to the drive.

It was good pace, yes we did have second tries, but everyone drove safe. There was no single time I observed something unsafe or risky. Very well done.

I must admit I twice misjudged Optimus intentions. The convoy appeared to be aiming for a crest, but it looked like second try for them, so I chose to crest by myself thinking convoy would eventually come, but it did not. So I had search and reconnect.

One crest would be haunting us for long ... I think I attempted 4 times from different angles, different gears and did not even come close. No clue how it was possible.

Unfortunately, both my compressors failed me at inflation point (one due to heat, and another due to cracked hose). Thanks to mpodroid for lending me his highly technological compressor.

We then had dinner in Nahil. Thanks Pedro for inviting. You will be missed.
Lenny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Petrol heads ii was an awesome drive!
I was looking forward to this drive & and thankfully , I made it - inters are hungry....
Nothing short of outstanding was the lead by Optimus, first time for me to be following him & as car # 4 from start to finish it was absolutely thrilling.
Literally on the edge of your seat & pedal to the metal ,Switching side to side.
My favourite were the sunset crests!
There were more than a few 2nd tries for most of us to make some crests & Optimus did it with panache.
Some climbs looked just impossible.....
Thanks to Rashid & Scorpio for support and guidance & Orlantsev for sweeping.
This is an amazing place and with the best off road club ,it's even better.
See you all soon.
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Greetings fellow off-road enthusiasts,

I was overjoyed when Optimus informed me that I had secured a spot for the drive. However, my heart sank on Monday when I thought I wouldn't be able to join. Thankfully, fate smiled upon me, and I had the opportunity to explore this area for the first time.

As the only new intermediate in the group, I felt overwhelmed with gratitude for the support and guidance extended by everyone. The camaraderie and care shown by my fellow off-roaders made the drive all the more enjoyable.

Optimus had a clear plan for us—to conquer the 6 bowls, playing it safe and returning triumphantly. The trap he designed for us was nothing short of amazing, with perfectly challenging climbs in the bowls.

The first 30 minutes of the drive tested my skills, to the limit, but as we conquered the first bowl, my confidence soared, and I found my flow.

The climb designed by Optimus was a marvel, seemingly effortless for him (Imran made it too). Impressive, to say the least.

I extend my heartfelt thanks to Scorpio, Rashid, Orlantsev, and everyone else who made this drive an unforgettable afternoon of pure joy.

Afternoons like this remind me why I love off-roading—it's the camaraderie, the challenges, and the thrill of exploration that leave us with lasting memories and a smile on our faces.

Best regards,
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

What an amazing drive! I messed up with time and arrived one hour earlier, but thanks to my excellent AC (no wonder, it is a Jeep ;)), I comfortably put myself in the wait mode until others showed up.

Optimus gave us a 3 minutes briefing, which was so far the longest in his marshall's life I guess grin. He set the mode for "last man standing", which i like much more than waiting for everyone's second try, and the flow was amazing. I loved Optimus's curves, it was like a ballet.

Then we came to this damned place. Optimus without any visible effort climbed up the dune and disappeared behind the crest. Then we tried and tried and tried, 4H, 4L, nothing helped. The longer approach from the upper dish brought more spead and was more promising, but still I could not make it. The only hero was Imran who succeeded on this path. But I really appreciated Optimus gave us all time we wanted to try - it is important to have enough attempts to practice these challenging spots. Even if we did not succeed, we learned a lot. Optimus won 7:1 here :;^^:

Except for this separate challenge, we had minimum waiting time and I was leaving after the drive full of satisfaction of time used at maximum.

Pedro then invited us for mandi on the way to home. I hope we will see him back in the country and we wish him good luck!

Thanks Optimus for a fantastic drive, and to Rashid, Scorpio and Orlantsev for all their support.
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Drive : Petrolheads II
Organizer & Lead: Optimus
Level : Intermediate
Area : Old Sweihan
Supporting Marshal : @Rashidjass & @scorpio
Advance support : @Orlantsev

PH hold a special place in my heart. My first drive as a marshal was PH 1 in old sweihan.
Was away vacationing with family, recharging my batts. Returned charged to lead the pack of hungry intermediates.

I had mentioned in the description that the convoy would be limited to 7 members as less drivers means less 2nd tries, less stops & more fun. Over the weekdays i received few requests to extend the convoy but being an intermediate drive with bare minimum support, it was not possible to open a 2nd convoy & It was not my plan to extend the single convoy either however they got lucky as some registered members bailed out which made the room for the rest.

7 interm, 1 adv, 2 supporting marshal, perfect combo for an adrenaline filled drive.
the plan was clear, go for all 6 bowls in the area. I started the drive with some warm up.
It was a mixture of basic side cresting, driving on the walls with switches, fast paced climbs everything that was required to fulfill the interm requirements . There were some maneuvers which convoy couldn't do, resulted in multiple tries but these were only at few such crests. Most of the driving time, the convoy was flowing well. It was satisfying to see the happy faces.

At last i would like to thank all my intermediates & adv for a great company & a wonderful drive!
thanks to the support , my brothers @Rashidjass & @Scorpio.

until next time!
Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)