Flying Aces 08/07/23

David
Intermediate
Intermediate

I had been thinking about Al Ain airport at the beginning of the week and somehow all of the sudden M. Abubaker posted a drive there just at the perfect time.

Rashid, seeing that there were some fresh interm keen to drive, joined the party so we ended up with 2 convoys, Abubaker leading the more experienced (not old) interm supported by Daggerfall while Rashid took care of the fresher ones with the help of Scorpio.

It was hot, very hot, maybe I felt it more after having been in Spain the last 2 weekends, and the sand was soft, very soft, makes the FJ feel super heavy and adds one interesting challenge to the drive.

Nicely selected track that was executed to perfection, fair play to everyone involved, an area that is known for its incidents and we did not have any technical issue, no pop-outs, no rescue situations, very well done!!!

Getting the right momentum in the convoy not always easy so it took a bit of time, better flow towards the end of the drive. Most drivers keen to drive so sorry Abubaker for rushing you during the breaks ... 3hrs are not a lot of time so we have the make the most of them!!!

Bonus towards the end that Daggerfall gave us some 4L practice that I personally enjoyed a lot as something we do not do regularly.

Overall another fantastic afternoon in the sand with great company. Thank you Abubaker for leading, specially knowing it was your birthday, Daggerfall for the support, Rashid & Scorpio for creating a driving opportunity for the new ones, and of course and as usual, my fellow interm for turning up in great numbers despite the summer heat in the UAE.

See you on the sand soon.
Ehab
media
media

Another fantastic drive with almost4x4 family, a day where the temperature was more than 46 degrees, yet we had Mandi, made coffee in the meeting point and we eat cake, all before an amazing drive starts.

It was a mid week surprise when Abu Baker arranged an intermediate trip for old intermediates and followed by another amazing announcement when Rashid joined and arranged a convoy to the recently upgraded intermediates.

I was assigned to the second lead position following Abu Baker taking old intermediates through an amazing track not leaving any sharp crest or soft wall without approaching it from all possible angles. It's been a while driving behind Abu Baker and usually i get stuck a lot behind him, this time i did not but made few second tries just to avoid being jinxed 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thanks Abu Baker for the amazing drive, Daggerfall for the support and the 4low challenge, Rashid and Scorpio for taking care of the fresh intermediates.

Enjoy watching

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone,

Good to see Abubaker back in the sand and on his birthday OSMILEY

Looking forward to drives like this one, as we know the area will be a major challenge and that is simply what drives me.
Obvious being at the back brings another element to the game, but boy, I had fun!

Not entirely happy with the performance, so I am trying to figure out why, but that will be solved pretty soon.

Thank you to all in the drive, enjoyed it to the max.

Tom
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

A fantastic drive for finishing my 2022-2023 season. We could ask for more considering a long convoy with a mix of elderly (LOL), old and medium age intermediates…and challenging weather conditions not suitable for all type of drivers and machines (I did not mention Jeeps on purpose :-)

The playground was beautiful with plenty of options, one of my favorites so far. Al Ain airport area never disappoints with these two beautiful chains.

Mabubaker organized and took the lead on an amazing way showing us how to do things on a proper way applying the right difficulty level for making sure that the flow was good, and all drivers had fun. As mentioned before, no issues at all beyond a few second tries…I don’t remember when it was the last time we drove without zero incidents. Well done to all!

I was at the back of the convey where elderly & old members usually are and knowing what it was expected, I refilled only half a tank (or 1 tank in the FJ) and made sure that my passenger was not too much fat and still, I could not make one of the climbs even though I asked him not to breathe while climbing (LOL)…but nothing that 1 or 2 less psi cannot not fix for the next one.

And taking about the next one, Daggerfall found gold in the middle of nowhere and gave us the opportunity to practice with 4L 4th gear pedal to the metal…that was very cool and the cherry of the cake for both Mabubaker birthday and the drive itself.

We finished on time with a fantastic feeling and already looking forward for my next season to start…in a few weeks. I can’t wait for that!

Thanks to all Marshals involved in the last drive, as mentioned, Mabubaker, Daggerfall and the ones taking care of the fresh convoy Rashid and Scorpio.

I wish you all a good summer break and see you soon
Carlos
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello fellow off-roaders,

I'm excited to share our recent off-road expedition to Al Ain Airport and The Old Lady dune. This drive marked a new chapter in our off-roading journey, first intermediate drive for some of us!

At the meeting point of Al Ain Airport, anticipation filled the air as we embarked on our first intermediate drive. Rashid's dedication made this drive possible for us, new intermediate drivers, and we are truly grateful. With the support of Scorpio and Mahmoodyasin, we were equipped to conquer the super soft sand and sharp edges of this area. I tried to keep my tires as low as possible, around 9 psi in front and 8 psi back, as per Rashid advice for super soft sand.
The convoy was divided in experienced intermediates and new comers.

Navigating the challenging terrain, we pushed ourselves to new limits, testing our skills and building confidence. The dunes presented formidable obstacles, demanding precision and finesse in our driving techniques. Still a lot to learn but so far we had a couple of stucks and second tries. Mental note, right angle and momentum are key.
Amidst the adrenaline-fueled drive, before starting we had time to celebrate Mabubaker's birthday, fostering unity and camaraderie within our off-roading family.

The breathtaking beauty of the surroundings and the thrill of conquering the challenging terrain made this drive unforgettable. We left with a sense of accomplishment, craving more adventures and looking forward to the limitless possibilities that lie ahead.

As we bid farewell to Al Ain Airport and The Old Lady dune, we eagerly await new off-roading adventures, we need 3 intermediate drives ASAP!

Best regards,
Laarni
media
media

HELLO ALL,

thanks for all the organiser for a great drive...here is my trip report
hope you all enjoy it

thanks

Daggerfall
Marshal
Marshal

Nothing better than driving on a fresh soft sand at an area with no tracks.

Mabubaker gave us a great treatment Saturday afternoon and it was nice to drive at that area (In any area you're kidding, right ) after a long time.

We didn't encounter any significant issues and everyone did great!... Just pure driving and improving the pace as we drive till the end!

Thanks to our organizer and all participated!

See you next time
" I feel the need, the need for Speed " cool

Drives Black FJ " VF-1 Valkyrie " , Mob: 050 725 09 31
Paddy

I was a passenger with @Scorpio and what I witnessed was truly amazing, @rashidjass can do things using car with stock which many upgraded cars couldn't do. I wish one day I can do what @Rashidjass, @alshamsi_m, @Giorgio, @Scorpio, @Solmaz, @Daggerfall, @optimus and all other marshals do best. Staying on top of the crest.

@scorpio said it right its a combination of Car and Skills.

I know I have a long way to go, but I am sure it will be filled with fun and excitement with all almosters.

~Br
Paddy
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
Mabubaker
Marshal
Marshal

First would like to thank the marshals for organizing the birthday surprise. It will be remembered forever as the sweetest and hottest birthday party.

The area was was very good with great potential for even longer drive, which makes it a candidate for the 4+ hrs drive in winter. For sure will plan for somethin by then.

We managed to have a good flow which got even better during the 2nd half of the drive, and in fact all intermediates did well by playing safe while keeping the adrenaline high.

Thank you again Rashid, Scorpio and Daggerfall...
Thanks Mahmood for support
And thanks to all intermediates for the great turnout at short notice...

See you soon!