Galaxy V2 - All Newbies

Vika

Hello everyone!!!

Another long-awaited weekend and a meeting with your favorite club, which means a meeting with friends, new skills and a portion of happiness and adrenaline. It is always exciting when you can meet participants of different levels on the drive, which means getting the opportunity to polish your previous mistakes and take a step forward. After my last drive with the 10+ guys, I clearly realized that no matter how many drives you have on your account, it is better to leave your Ego at home, and if you think that you are not ready yet, it is better to join the 10- and not to make any fatal mistakes. Which is what I did. Despite the fact that the marshals assigned me to convoy 10+, I asked to be accepted into convoy 10-. I am very grateful to the organizers for giving me the opportunity to once again polish what I could not cope with earlier, namely:
- follow only the leader's track, because by creating your own track, you can not only put yourself in a dangerous situation, but also the participants who follow you
- ability to keep a distance
- do not forget to charge the radio before driving, radio communication is one of the most important skills
- the ability to control the car at a speed set by the leader.

In general, for me the drive was without any situations. I was completely focused on the track lines given by the leader. The drive contained many safari-style arches, climbs, drops, technical areas, which are my favorite as they are the birthplace of me as an offroader.

Thank you all for the colorful afternoon drive, meeting great people, enjoying the nature of Al Nagrah, one of my favorite areas.

Thanks again to everyone who made this event possible, for their patience, time and support.

See you soon on the sand.

Your Vika.
"The most effective way to do it, is just to do it"
Paddy

Each week we look forward to the weekend, as we almost have drives every weekend. Same was the case with this weekend, with a slight change. Instead of early morning, it was an afternoon drive.
Ride started even before I reached the site as I got the company of a dear friend @Aljamhi.

Finally reached to the meeting point and I wasn’t the first one to reach :(.

As it was Galaxy each level members were invited, so convoys were divided in to two groups. 10+ and 10-

Thanks to @optimus for arranging the ride and taking care of the 10+ members convoy with none other than @Rashidjass

Real fun was with 10- minus members convoy, as we had our beloved founder @alshamsi_m leading us with some Karak, Coffee and cookies ;) not only that, 10- convoy got the best opportunity “1 intermediate for every 2 newbies”. Which was not only good for recovering fast but learning the right way of approaching a dune. As usually newbies will have another newbie in front, and they will follow whatever person in front is doing.

Now the drive started, and we entered into the desert, initially @alshamsi_m kept it smooth and easy and gradually as the drive progressed started increasing the level, where @Scorpio closely kept eye on all of us, to make sure all newbies are able to keep up with the level increase.

As we had very good support from intermediate and advance level members, we didn’t have major recoveries. It was fairly a nice drive where we learned how to approach a dune in better angle and how to keep up with the pace, how to climb without flying and most important how to drop without using hard brakes and breaking bumpers.

I am really glad that I was accepted for the drive and will hope I would be accompanying group members in future drives.

Thank you @alshamsi_m, @optimus, @rashidjass and @scorpio for always keeping all the members safe, sharing their strengths and weaknesses which they can further improve.

Eagerly waiting for the next drive. See you all on Sand.

Paddy
Now owns a FJ
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja: