Easy and Slow

Paddy

After a long wait of whole week, thanks to @giorgio we newbies got a chance to go in desert and learn the art of proper distancing, well coordinated communication and importance of knowing how to fix popouts courtesy to @alshamsi_m

We started gathered as usual at 0700 AM at the meeting point and begin deflating. Then @giorgio and @alshamsi_m conducted briefing explaining what to expect and what is expected.

Convoy was defined and I finally got a chance to drive after 2nd lead (Was always last due to the long wheel base I was driving before). I must say experience of driving after 2nd lead was way different than driving at last.

We had couple of hiccups as expected in a newbie drive but all intermediates and @alshamsi_m made sure they are dealt with with utmost professionalism and safety of each and every member is the first priority.

@giorgio and @alshamsi_m always explained how to act in a certain situations to be safe. Couple of popouts which were a learning opportunity for all of us. Most important lesson was position of the Valve ( 6oclock is the best 7 or 5 o clock is acceptable, but 11 and 1 oclock are worst, finally 12 oclock is a BIG NO NO).

Eagerly looking for the next drive and to learn more.

I am grateful to @alshamsi_m for establishing this family. Thank you @giorgio posting drives for newbies and giving us a chance to get ready for next level.

Regards
Paddy
Last edited by Paddy on Mon May 29, 2023 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.

:ninja: White FJ 17294 :ninja:
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

We had a mix of newbies who are doing the first drive after the last C.M. and some under 5 and you can see the difference in confidence during the drive.

Our leader took us in 4 stage areas. started with easy, then a nice climb to the pink rock. later we crossed to the other side of Al Baddayer to meet the Golden Dunes chain and practice longer climbs without getting lost in between Psmiley

The drive took place in 3 hours and I don't know how it finished so fast yaeh am not durnk
All in all the drivers did a good job but I would give you one piece of advice. Once you start offroading never stop because a used key never gets rusted.

Looking forward to seeing you in the sand.

P.S Keep an eye on the trips app because it is going to rain trips soon.

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
nidal78
media
media

Hi Almosters
Another nice drive organized and lead by our great marshal Giorgio who gave our fresh newbies a great challenge to build up their experience in off-roading as our beloved founder and angel guardian Abu Salim mentioned our leader took us in different stages which gave everyone the opportunity to try different kind of driving skills
Overall the drivers did good with some second tries, pop outs and recoveries but as usual it is something common in this level so my advice to the new drivers keep coming to build up your experience more and more
Finally I want to thank Giorgio for organizing and leading this drive
Abu Salim for his great efforts to keep everyone safe and to all support team from intermediate drivers
Till next time drive safe and see you soon on sand
Last edited by nidal78 on Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galindakis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Greetings fellow off-road enthusiasts,

I'm excited to share my latest off-roading expedition, where we embarked on a journey through the breathtaking landscapes of Pink Rock and Al Baddayer. With a mix of veterans and enthusiastic newcomers. Here's a recap of our unforgettable adventure!

Our journey began in the picturesque Pink Rock area, renowned for its stunning geological formations and captivating landscapes. The vibrant hues of the rocks contrasted against the golden sand, creating a visual spectacle that set the tone for the day's adventure. We took a moment to soak in the beauty of our surroundings before setting off on our off-road escapade.

@giorgio , our esteemed lead, appointed me as the second lead for this drive, a responsibility I was grateful for and eager to embrace.

Accompanying me were two friends, while another friend had the privilege of being invited by @alshamsi_m to join his car. I extend my heartfelt thanks to @alshamsi_m for extending this invitation and fostering a spirit of inclusivity within our off-roading community.

After immersing ourselves in the beauty of Pink Rock, we continued our expedition towards the vast expanse of Al Baddayer. The shifting sands and undulating dunes challenged our skills and provided second tries and some stuck situations.

Thanks to all the intermediates and crew for the support.
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters
A lovely Saturday (thanks @CARLOSS ) morning sunrise driving toward the meeting point for “Easy & Slow”.
Thank you to @giorgio for posting the drive for the ever-hungry newbies – although the registration was quite slow compared to previous newbie batches that would fill registrations within milliseconds.
I arrived 30min before the posted meeting time as I always like to have a little extra time to get prepared and relax before the drivers arrives. I was soon joined by the other “Wasp” of @giorgio followed soon after by @alshamsi_m
After the briefing the convoy positions were advised with @Álvaro.galindo-zamarro at 2nd Lead, @Giovanni as sweeper.
Myself and @mpodroid sitting inside the convoy for assistance if required. and @nidal78 for media coverage not forgetting the presence of our founder @alshamsi_m floating to keep an ever-watchful eye on the convoy.
As mentioned, we had a mix of drivers with only a CM drive and others with 5 or more so the competency level varied. Overall the convoy did extremely well with @giorgio creating a track that challenged the drivers to just the right level where they were able to push a little without getting into any dangerous situations. There were expected 2nd tries and only a couple of recoveries needed.
There was the one popout that was quickly rectified, and the convoy managed to cover a reasonable track within the expected time.
Looking forward to the Galaxy V2 drive for “ALL” Newbies this coming weekend.
Last edited by brett on Mon May 29, 2023 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Zoubeir

I would like to thank @giorgio to organizing and leading the convoy to such a picturesque area. Pink Rock never ceases to amaze. I was pleasantly surprised by the track leading to it. As the sun rose, the hues and tones were just perfect.
The second part of the drive was even more interesting, with many climbs which varied with different approach angles. Car control was key and the convoy seems to have enjoyed it.
Thank you to the support team as well which was thoroughly needed during the trip. However, swift communications and assisted recoveries were the order of the day.
The convoy (and me!) all left the desert with hearts filled & smiling faces; talking about registering for next Saturday’s trip :)
See you all!

P.S: Apologies, the @ feature does not seem to be working.
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Easy Slow

This drive was a quite ride that gave the drivers the opportunity to experience different terrains in one single drive
We had small to big dunes obstacles and main focus was radio communication proper distance (avoiding losing the track) and proper momentum.

All drivers did well and it was a great day on the sand

I am looking forward to see you all on the upcoming drives

Many thanks to all the support team and support Founder for his efforts

Till next time drive safe
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep