Eid drive 2023

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

after the Ramadan, it is, as usual, time for a family drive and a great 'sit and chat'.

It was really great seeing everyone again, also the not so frequent flyers, it was very relaxing!
These kind of events are (to me) of a lot of importance, as they really show the family feeling in the club and not only the adrenaline rushed drives (which are great also). It is a time to relax and be with the people, I really appreciate these events!

The drive itself was without any incidents, assisted recoveries and lovely to enjoy this scenery.

We left around 8pm after sitting down and making some new friends.

Thank you everyone and see you on the next one

Tom
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Eid drive is probably my preferred event with Almost4x4.
It is an event where our first and second families come together wrapped in such a nice and warm spirit.
The drive itself was very nice, very easy and with a calm pace, as a family drive should be.
We ended the drive very close to last grand iftar area, on a beautiful balcony with a perfect sight of the sunset, revealing later on a beautiful crescent moon.
We sat for a couple of hours enjoying each other company, sharing food and drinks, chit-chatting and laughing.
We call it a day a few minutes past 8pm with a very warm heart.
Thank you @Scorpio for organising the drive (you and your family were missed), thank you @alshamsi_m for taking the lead, @Agalon , @Solmaz and @SINGH for watching over convoy safety, and everyone for participating and making another memorable family event.

See you soon in the sand!

Pedro
Last edited by PedroLeal on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters

it was really great to see so many drivers and families assemble for the Eid Drive. Thanks @alshamsi_m for taking the lead with assistance from pleating marshals @SINGH , @Agalon @Solmaz
I was a large convoy consisting of 27 cars in total getting everyone organized and placed in the correct position within the convoy took a little time at the beginning but once everyone was lined up we headed off for a pleasant track drive in the Al Qudra area. We had @Giovanni as second lead in his new FJ having recently transitioned from a Jeep, all in all there were 17 FJ’s in the convoy.
For Intermediate support we had @PedroLeal sweeping, @Laarni , @Tomvanhouten , @Jasper , @CARLOSS @mpodroid and myself spread throughout the convoy. It was a really relaxed drive with only a couple of 2nd tries here and there, no recoveries were required which was surprising considering how soft the sand was, the varying levels of experience and the sheer size of the convoy.
@alshamsi_m decided to change the planned track midway as there were a number of cars with kids and other passengers that were developing motion sickness due to the undulating terrain.
We arrived at the lovely elevated sitting area with a clear view to the sunset. It was a wonderful end to the drive with everyone sharing food and drinks lots of chit chat and kids running around enjoying themselves.
The weather, although getting a little hot at the meeting point, was really pleasant as we watched the sunset – probably the last of the cool evenings for this year until the return of winter. By 8:15pm it was time to head to the exit, inflate and then for us a quick 15min drive home

Thank you everyone who took part in the Almosst4x4 Family event, see you all again soon
Last edited by brett on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks Shamsi for organizing and leading Eid drive convoy on a gentle way. Plenty of families and kids required some VIP treatment with nice tracks but at the same time joyful.

I was expecting to finish on Murquab’s balcony but Shamsi decided to make a U shape drive and took as close to the road connecting the solar plant and Qudra. Wise decision considering the long and special convoy. cool

I went to my lovely wife Flor and no kids so it was double joy! blank We could spend some quality time with Pedro and his family, Brett and Imee, etc. Long time since the previous one.

We called it off around 8 and left the place with a smile in our phases. It was a great day. thumbsup

Thanks to all friends attending!

See you in the next one!
Carlos
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

We are lucky this Ramadan that we had very nice weather for our night drives and events, including our EID drive. cool. As mentioned we had a very good turnout of members and their families which was the plan for the Eid spirit.

The drive was a relaxed one with no issues at all. Although, we sat from 6 - 8 pm but it wasn't enough for us to leave and goodbye. Good times fly like fruits grin .

I would like to thank all the marshals who joined us to make sure that we have a very easy and safe drive @Solmaz , @Agalon & @SINGH .

Till next time, stay safe and keep the sand flying

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

brett wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:31 am Dear Almosters

Thank you everyone who took part in the Almosst4x4 Family event, see you all again soon

Redo your old mentions it is working now :yarr:
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Musharraf
Club Member
Club Member

Hello Everyone,

I will write about my personal experience with my first drive with the Almost4x4 group. I have had very little experience with the desert. I have only ever done small rides in the desert before, the small paths in Meleiha, nothing to do with dunes.

The trip started with very welcoming and helpful people who helped me choose the right tire pressure for this particular drive. Have to admit what lay ahead was nothing that I imagined. Though this drive might be considered extremely simple from an advanced driver's point of view, for me it was quite challenging. However, the motivation from my fellow team members pushed me to conquer the fear.

What often caught me off guard was watching the sweepers come down from a dune to check up on the convoy. But they were extremely skilled drivers making sure the convoy was moving well. They were also really helpful in helping me and the other drivers when we got bogged down.

Overall, the drive was very well-organized. This ensured the safety of every member involved while keeping it fun. I would like to thank @alshamsi_m for taking the lead and making this trip possible for me. I am very grateful to be a part of a team that is very active, helpful, and positive. The conversations we had together before leaving were really enjoyable for me. Listening to people who have done this for a long time has definitely given me a lot of information. Cannot wait for the CM Drive!