All Stars Vl

Sanadshaikh

What a great start to 2023! My first time in Nahil, was a nice drive from home to the meeting spot, followed by the pre-drive drill. Watching the herd of black camels before commencing the drive was a unique sight. 4th newbie drive and favorite, so far. Excellent safari style drive with many mid sized and large dunes, got to push the FJ a bit more than the last drives. Impeccable planning, communication, safety, training and constant support by Abu Salem, Barish, Tomas, Lara, Carlos, Pedro and the rest of the team. Watching the pros take on the massive dune was a plus! Nice to see many familiar faces too. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank you šŸ˜ŠšŸŒ„šŸŖšŸœļø
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

All Newbie drive in Nahil, great catching up at the meeting point, good to see Agalon after a long time, hopefully next time as a driver.

I was assigned to the convoy with less experience/drives lead by Shamsi and supported by Barish.

Safari style, some straight crest, ... good variety of practice and situations that Shamsi served for the convoy. To be honest I think that in general the convoy did really well, a few stucks as it is expected but somehow you can feel they will all progress nicely and quickly as good level of attention and always following instructions by the Marshalls. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, just learn from them, that is what matters on the journey to become confident independent offroaders.

On a personal level, somehow the last few times in that area had been at a high pace/level, it was amazing to be able to pay attention to how gorgeous that part of the UAE is!!!

See you on the sand soon.
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

I am so jealous of this new batch of newbies that I have no words to describe it! With less than 5 drives and already brought to Nahil, Come on! pissed off : It took us not less than 1 year to reach this areaā€¦what about Al Qudra and Sharjah? Psmiley

Now seriously, it is very nice to see our newbie mates playing safe in this beautiful area suitable for several levels. Some tracks were already present, specially in the iconic dunes, but @alshamsi_m moved the convoy to the playground' limits where nobody normally goes. It was so nice and untouched that there was no need to reach Nagra as originally plannedā€¦I could have spent the whole day there. thumbsup

Anyway, I should have said at this stage that the drive was organized by General@Barish being split in 2 convoys. The -5 led by master of masters @alshamsi_m with Barish floating and the second, the senior newbiesā€™ convoy led by @Solmaz and Mr. Everywhere @Rashidjass . Thanks Barish for organizing and all marshals & founder for showing up.

As usual in the last drives, the newbie convoys were supported by many intermā€¦so it became another VIP drive. Lucky you guys, again! cool

The drive was fantastic as I said but it was also quite interesting because of the comments raised during the breaks with -5 eager newbies asking for more drives and wondering whether they will reach the interm level anytime soon. I kept my mouth shut on purpose, the boss was there playingsmiley , but I was about to say: ā€œAre you sure you want to reach that level without brown pants?ā€ Psmiley

The drive finished on time, with some tears in my eyes TT TT because just before the end we approached from the right the big Nahil bowl, but we took a detour. Just for a second I thought that we were going thereā€¦Next time, I guess.

See you soon
Carlos
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Really mean what the leading car did there at the end, completely Haram, made sure we passed by so we could see inside the bowl to guide us down towards the flat on the right ... luckily he is going to compensate and take us to the starfish dunes this weekend ... OSMILEY

CARLOSS wrote: ā†‘Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:18 am Hi everyone!

I am so jealous of this new batch of newbies that I have no words to describe it! With less than 5 drives and already brought to Nahil, Come on! pissed off : It took us not less than 1 year to reach this areaā€¦what about Al Qudra and Sharjah? Psmiley

Now seriously, it is very nice to see our newbie mates playing safe in this beautiful area suitable for several levels. Some tracks were already present, specially in the iconic dunes, but @alshamsi_m moved the convoy to the playground' limits where nobody normally goes. It was so nice and untouched that there was no need to reach Nagra as originally plannedā€¦I could have spent the whole day there. thumbsup

Anyway, I should have said at this stage that the drive was organized by General@Barish being split in 2 convoys. The -5 led by master of masters @alshamsi_m with Barish floating and the second, the senior newbiesā€™ convoy led by @Solmaz and Mr. Everywhere @Rashidjass . Thanks Barish for organizing and all marshals & founder for showing up.

As usual in the last drives, the newbie convoys were supported by many intermā€¦so it became another VIP drive. Lucky you guys, again! cool

The drive was fantastic as I said but it was also quite interesting because of the comments raised during the breaks with -5 eager newbies asking for more drives and wondering whether they will reach the interm level anytime soon. I kept my mouth shout on purpose, the boss was there playingsmiley , but I was about to say: ā€œAre you sure you want to reach that level without brown pants?ā€ Psmiley

The drive finished on time, with some tears in my eyes TT TT because just before the end we approached from the right the big Nahil bowl, but we took a detour. Just for a second I thought that we were going thereā€¦Next time, I guess.

See you soon
Carlos
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

Why @Barish we need to go to Naqrah Psmiley? I was surprised to meet @Solmaz in the Mandai Restaurant to tell me that the Nahil area was much better with cleaner areas without tracks brigade.baka-wolf.com

The drive started with a nice flow that the area gave us and we were able to do safari style, straight cresting, and straight climbs and drops. The drive served its purpose and I think everyone enjoyed the ride including myself Psmiley

To answer the first question as our organizer said " It depends on the leading car and what he/she thinks the best for the group ". Thank you @Barish for your confidence in the fellow marshals and thank you for organizing the drive.

For the rest of you, there is a drive coming requiring brown pants owners only!!!

See you in the sand
Shamsi
AdventurousĀ League ofĀ Mountains,Ā Oceans andĀ SandĀ Thrills
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

A beautiful area ahead and a great morning cold!
A small briefing by @Barish to the point and effective and there we go! Happy with my spot in the convoy behind car no.4 and an excellent 2nd lead in front of them.
Not long before the first car got stuck, but that is exactly what must happen to develop.

A few more would follow, but we had so much fun!

Really good to see so many fanatic people again and looking forward seeing you all soon again!

Amazing area and a great drive

Tom
ahmadtodxb
Crew
Crew

Thanks @Barish for organizing this drive with the lead of master of masters @alshamsi_m. honestly, nothing to add much except we really enjoy it and i'm looking for more challenges with you fellas...

Your driving techniques, your enthusiasm, patience and professionalism are inspiring us as newbies and making us demanding for more. my position was 5th in the convey i guess behind @Tomvanhouten. nice spot to watch the cars movements and learn from them :-D..

Now my new goal for 2023 adjusted :-D I want to drive with @CARLOSS in the intermediate level i still have 6 months ahead to work on my skills ;-)

Thanks again and see you all on next drive
Ahmad
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Ahmad,

Don't worry, in a few months you will become a master of dunes if you keep on driving and learning from Marshals. cool

Till then, you are invited to join any interm drive as passenger so please get your brown pants ready for action!!! (2 pairs, if possible) OSMILEY
ahmadtodxb wrote: ā†‘Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 am Thanks @Barish for organizing this drive with the lead of master of masters @alshamsi_m. honestly, nothing to add much except we really enjoy it and i'm looking for more challenges with you fellas...

Your driving techniques, your enthusiasm, patience and professionalism are inspiring us as newbies and making us demanding for more. my position was 5th in the convey i guess behind @Tomvanhouten. nice spot to watch the cars movements and learn from them :-D..

Now my new goal for 2023 adjusted :-D I want to drive with @CARLOSS in the intermediate level i still have 6 months ahead to work on my skills ;-)

Ahmad
ahmadtodxb
Crew
Crew

thumbsup always ready..šŸ©³šŸ©³

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
CARLOSS wrote: ā†‘Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:23 pm Hey Ahmad,

Don't worry, in a few months you will become a master of dunes if you keep on driving and learning from Marshals. cool

Till then, you are invited to join any interm drive as passenger so please get your brown pants ready for action!!! (2 pairs, if possible) OSMILEY
ahmadtodxb wrote: ā†‘Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 am Thanks @Barish for organizing this drive with the lead of master of masters @alshamsi_m. honestly, nothing to add much except we really enjoy it and i'm looking for more challenges with you fellas...

Ahmad
Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

Hi everyone,

When we reached to the meeting point most of the members were already there and we were (especally @Agalon ) greeted with friendly faces as usual.

At the briefing @Barish separated the 10+ and 10- members into two convoys and I was assigned to the 10+ convoy. Since the "Nagrah" dune was mentioned during the briefing and I noticed some excited faces in my convoy, I decided to end our drive there as suggested. To achieve this mission I planned a fast track across the amazing dunes of Nahil.

Our convoy adjusted pretty quickly to the speed and we had a smooth ride with a mix of safari style and some side crest training. We had a few mishaps due to distance and radio communication but most of the drive went as planned. We touched a little of the Sweihan dunes for a taste, and I promise you more of it will come on the next level (or maybe sooner).

In the end we covered 85 kms in 3:40h with only 40 minutes stopped time including the wait we had for all drivers' arches on the Nagrah dune.

It was another great day with the family.