Short, Simple - Level 1

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

@SINGH just gave us a simple demonstration that desert should not be under estimated.

We had a beautiful morning with 18 Celsius and pink clouds with the sunrise so we had all the elements to have a great day ahead.

The drive deliverd what was expected and pir members had a very good understanding for their cars and what to expect in the future with the club.

Till next time keep the sand flying !!

Cheers
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Moustafa19
Crew
Crew

Another wonderful day with the club

The day started with driving in beautiful morning and climate , reaching to the meeting points to meet the most important thing ( the club team )

What amazing team and culture we have !!

I have experienced something new today ( to stuck ) not one time it is 4 times 😂😂 ,

With lovely and very nice way the club team was coming to do the support from all sides with happy face 😊

From my heart thank for everyone was on today trip or he did something to reach to that.
Specially our organizer Singh

Thank you so much to our founder Alshamsi for inviting my son to his car ( he loved it ) and asking me when is the next time 😍😍

🙏🙏
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

With the weather getting better we got to see our jackets coming out for the morning briefings.
Our new members were excited for their first adventure to the desert and they were not left dissatisfied.

Our organizer and lead car @SINGH made sure to keep the level low but challenging enough for most of the members to enjoy the drive but get to have a flavor how driving in the desert can be really fun as well as rewarding

@alshamsi_m as always was everywhere ready to guide, advise, explain and elaborate why everything in the off-reading venture has a purpose and a reason.
It was nice meeting all the new members which I am looking forward to see again on the upcoming drives and as always I would like to close thanking all the support team and organizer for the wonderful morning drive

Take care all and looking forward to see you all on the upcoming events
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters
It was a lovely morning drive to the meeting point, watching the balloons rise to the sky as daylight started to break.

I arrived at the meeting point in ‘Al Farqa and was soon joined by the other usual suspects and the eager Newbies

@SINGH gave the briefing and set the convoy order. I was appointed 2nd lead with @Ehab sweeping, we had @alshamsi_m floating and giving advice where needed, @giorgio ridding shotgun and @rapailo floating. There was a good turnout of support with intermediates able to be placed at almost every other car between the newbies @Tomvanhouten @Laarni @pedro @CARLOSS I hope didn’t miss anyone.

The track chosen by @SINGH was a perfect next step for the Newbies - some casualties in the form of plastic bits but this is normal in the beginning of your learning - i see some FJ’s and Jeeps in the future of some of the drivers !

Also to be expected we had a few stucks and second tries but this is also normal and nothing to be ashamed of - far better to be stuck on a crest than Flying over and doing serious damage to yourself and your car.

Now starting to prepare already for the Liwa Adventure next week
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
ahmadtodxb
Crew
Crew

Was a great day as usual.. started with briefing and welling to learn proper and new techniques to drive in desert.

Cars order were set properly by the marshals for the newbies and then having more experienced and talented drivers in between.

1st obestacle, i got refusal with marshal instructions i did second try and boom 🤯 i stuck over small dune. My landcrusier was bogged on 👁️👁️ body. Finally got the chance to use the towing robe. @alshamsi_m approached me gave me clear instructions how to move on, got another try and suceeded to move on.

Lessoned learned carefully to find a proper acceleration to avoid damages to me or the car.

After we moved on i started to understand my car capabilities from one side and not to under estimate sands regardless of how big is my car engine.

From the other side i was testing my car i put in second gear and suddenly @rapailo over the talki was telling me put it in first gear as if he was setting with me 😁 in the car and this what i considered an experienced and guardian eye that was watching me without my notice. How lucky i was in joing a such family...

Last part of the drive was fun, i was trying hard to catch up with @CARLOSS in his fj. Hes car has better approaching and departure angle, better suspension than my car but i have stronger engine 🚂 and hardly i could catch up with him. I guess i still need more time 🤣🤣 and needs some mods to my car. The only way to beat this team at this stage on road not over sand i guess 😂😂.

At the end, we all reached home safely and happy and enjoyed the drive..
thanks @SINGH for the planned route and challenges you made for us. Many thanks almoster4x4 marshals, crews, intermediate and founder for watching and teaching us

I tried to make it short as much as i cld 📚📚

Looking forward to see u in another drive and challenge

BR,
Ahmad
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

good to see so many reports in already on Monday morning!!

Al faqa area, is always something and this really proves versatility again.
I absolutely loved the drive from the back, seeing some stucks happening, fixing bumpers and running out of ductape. That means we had a lot of good times.

I would say, keep on going guys, more wonderful times to come!

See you Soon

Tom
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi everyone!

This is one of these drives we would not like to miss: Perfect weather, nice spot, a decent bunch of eager newbies, nice marshals and founder’s presence and last but not least, an impressive level of interm support. Typical VIP drive for newbies with almost dedicated support. thumbsup

All started in Al Faqa, in Adu Dhabi’s side, with an orthodox briefing delivered by @SINGH who was also the organizer & leading marshal along with @rapailo , @giorgio and master of masters @alshamsi_m . Even though I have heard similar briefings for not less than 50 times still, it is very interesting to listen carefully because either you get reminded of the basis or you learn something new playingsmiley . I really like this part, one of my drives' favorites, specially those given for correcting some “bad habits”. whut

As usual for these low-level drives, I brought my son acting as co-pilot & personal assistant (actually, I am his grin ) so we had a good time together discussing on who was about to get stuck first and betting on the number of recoveries to be done Psmiley . He always wins, smarter than me.

All in all, it was a lovely morning spent in the desert with friends finished pretty much on time for allowing some hungry drivers to get home at lunch time. ORLY

See you soon in Liwa.

Carlos
Last edited by CARLOSS on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hey Ahmad, don't worry man, you did it great last Saturday! I saw you driving safely on my rear mirror which is the most important thing.

It was probably your first official drive beyond the CM so it is normal that some bits and pieces are to be improved. Actually, that is the reason you joined the Club, I can imagine.

As per my little experience, the car is not so important at the beginning as the level is low and selected playground is easy on purpose for you to start developing your off-road driving skills so, if I were you, I would not be too much concern about upgrading the car so far. Your stock car is more than enough for the next 10-15 drives, even more, so I would recommend you to keep on practicing, as much as you can, and listen carefully Marshals' instructions and advice. The latter is the secret recipe for making yourself a dunes’ master (pls keep it for yourself) Psmiley

A final advice: For keeping the convoy’s pace you only have to be more aggressive on the throttle. Don’t be shy, the engine won’t break…there is life beyond 3,000 rpm…you will see (and enjoy that) very soon. cool
ahmadtodxb wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:41 am Was a great day as usual.. started with briefing and welling to learn proper and new techniques to drive in desert.

Cars order were set properly by the marshals for the newbies and then having more experienced and talented drivers in between.

1st obestacle, i got refusal with marshal instructions i did second try and boom 🤯 i stuck over small dune. My landcrusier was bogged on 👁️👁️ body. Finally got the chance to use the towing robe. @alshamsi_m approached me gave me clear instructions how to move on, got another try and suceeded to move on.

Lessoned learned carefully to find a proper acceleration to avoid damages to me or the car.

After we moved on i started to understand my car capabilities from one side and not to under estimate sands regardless of how big is my car engine.

From the other side i was testing my car i put in second gear and suddenly @rapailo over the talki was telling me put it in first gear as if he was setting with me 😁 in the car and this what i considered an experienced and guardian eye that was watching me without my notice. How lucky i was in joing a such family...

Last part of the drive was fun, i was trying hard to catch up with @CARLOSS in his fj. Hes car has better approaching and departure angle, better suspension than my car but i have stronger engine 🚂 and hardly i could catch up with him. I guess i still need more time 🤣🤣 and needs some mods to my car. The only way to beat this team at this stage on road not over sand i guess 😂😂.

At the end, we all reached home safely and happy and enjoyed the drive..
thanks @SINGH for the planned route and challenges you made for us. Many thanks almoster4x4 marshals, crews, intermediate and founder for watching and teaching us

I tried to make it short as much as i cld 📚📚

Looking forward to see u in another drive and challenge

BR,
Ahmad
Sanadshaikh

Second newbie drive post upgrade - couldn't have been any better! Day started with a beautiful drive from home to the meet up location, windows down, cool breeze and watching the sky transition from blue hour, to different shades of purple, pink and yellow. Post arrival deflation, meet & greet, and finally the briefing before kick off. Drive started off with some smaller dunes, with everyone cruising along and finally some bigger dunes and technical areas. Every drive is such a new learning experience, and definitely felt a little more confident than the first newbie drive. The words from last session "Sanad, FJs don't get stuck" kept playing in my head 😅. Overall another superb drive, truly grateful for the patience, encouragement, advice and guidance from all the Marshalls and support teams - the positive energy of everyone involved is unmatched and I'm glad to be a part of this community. Till the next time, Gray FJ signing out!
Ehab
media
media

Second trip in desert with my new car, @SINGH assigned me to handle sweeping giving me a chance to learn my new car, highly appreciated.

Trip started in a very known area for safe practicing and not long time after the start, @giorgio joined me as a passenger for a one to one master class, its like dreams coming true, learning directly from the best, Almost4x4 marshals.

I was still hesitant to do arches and side crests with my new car, still not used to it, Giorgio gave me the confidence, Ehab just apply the same rules, drive safe, do not fight gravity and observe your surrounding. And the adventure started, I was asked to ride ridges (crests) infinite, so ride it from flat to flat, with low speed, anchor the car on one of the sides and go on.

Oh my god, this is definitely not possible with Jeeps, I was impressed. One crest after another, more learning, more confidence but very safe. Later, I asked Giorgio to drive my car and to be honest, our marshals are for sure super humans, yeah we cannot do what they do, I was speechless for long time, I was not even able to open my phone to turn GoPro recording on, our marshals definitely has skills.

Cannot wait for more and more learning from our marshals, highly appreciate their attention to details and highly appreciate how they care about us and for us.