Eid Al Adha' 22

brett
Crew
Crew

Martin wrote: โ†‘Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm This kind of drive is exactly why I love to be a part of the Almost 4x4 family. It's just as much about the social side as it is the actual drive itself. Perfect for the Eid celebration.

I arrived nice and early so I could be ready as the rest of the convoy came and was happy to see the temperatures were not too bad for the time of year.

Once everyone had arrived, greetings made and surprise Eid gifts shared we all got ready to set off.

The drive was described as an easy CM route but as the convoy, all a good level of skill the bar was raised just a little more than the usual CM. We were lucky to have a lead from @alshamsi_m so we could expect the odd cheeky curve ball, which showed to be true.

One of the most generous offerings of the Eid event was the amazing service of @brett who was the second lead. He very kindly gave us plenty of warning of the harder crests that lay in front of us by showing us how easy it would be to get stuck there. A truly amazing sacrifice that kept in the spirit of the event.

The drive was also supported by @Tomvanhouten, @CARLOSS, @David , @Laarni & @Scorpio who luckily didnโ€™t have a lot to do. As always it was also great to see the guys I have been learning along side in recent months including @AntonT , @AZK89 , @aknigge @piotr & @PedroLeal (sorry if I have forgot anyone).

Once taking the sights of Little Fossil Rock and a brief fly-by of Camel Rock @alshamsi_m ended the drive at the top of a short climb in an area that sheltered from the wind so we could comfortably sit down and share food and sweets and chat to the rest of the family. We even heard some of the stories around the very beginnings of Almost 4x4.

Martin - are you putting your hand up ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ for a second lead on your next drive ๐Ÿค”
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Martin

brett wrote: โ†‘Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am
Martin wrote: โ†‘Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:43 pm This kind of drive is exactly why I love to be a part of the Almost 4x4 family. It's just as much about the social side as it is the actual drive itself. Perfect for the Eid celebration.

I arrived nice and early so I could be ready as the rest of the convoy came and was happy to see the temperatures were not too bad for the time of year.

Once everyone had arrived, greetings made and surprise Eid gifts shared we all got ready to set off.

The drive was described as an easy CM route but as the convoy, all a good level of skill the bar was raised just a little more than the usual CM. We were lucky to have a lead from @alshamsi_m so we could expect the odd cheeky curve ball, which showed to be true.

One of the most generous offerings of the Eid event was the amazing service of @brett who was the second lead. He very kindly gave us plenty of warning of the harder crests that lay in front of us by showing us how easy it would be to get stuck there. A truly amazing sacrifice that kept in the spirit of the event.

The drive was also supported by @Tomvanhouten, @CARLOSS, @David , @Laarni & @Scorpio who luckily didnโ€™t have a lot to do. As always it was also great to see the guys I have been learning along side in recent months including @AntonT , @AZK89 , @aknigge @piotr & @PedroLeal (sorry if I have forgot anyone).

Once taking the sights of Little Fossil Rock and a brief fly-by of Camel Rock @alshamsi_m ended the drive at the top of a short climb in an area that sheltered from the wind so we could comfortably sit down and share food and sweets and chat to the rest of the family. We even heard some of the stories around the very beginnings of Almost 4x4.

Martin - are you putting your hand up ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ for a second lead on your next drive ๐Ÿค”
Iโ€™d happily provide the same service to my fellow Almosters. Was second lead for @Rathica and think I got stuck 3 times on the same challenge ๐Ÿ˜†
Rathica
Crew
Crew

@Martin are you sure you were a Second Lead for me?
Join me drawing in the sand
๐Ÿ‘‘Dauntless ๐Ÿš™๐Ÿ’จ
Martin

Rathica wrote: โ†‘Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 pm @Martin are you sure you were a Second Lead for me?
Ah you're right @Rathica

It was with @Solmaz I brlieve