Eid Al Adha' 22

AntonT

Dear Almosters,

Thanks to @alshamsi_m today's trip was planned to one of my favourite areas. Fossil Rock is where I fell in love with the desert.
Gathering in a small team, we went to the side where the meeting of the sunset was planned. By well-coordinated convoy, without any special adventures, we got to Little Fossil Rock and then to the foot of Jebel Fayah. Far from the bustle of the city and in a narrow family circle, we had a heartfelt time discussing plans for the remaining months of the summer and the people and places we miss.

Without the slightest flattery and embellishment, I can confirm the favourite slogan of @AZK89 Almost 4x4 - Best Club Ever! We have a saying suitable for this case - "The main thing is not where. The main thing is with whom!"

I will miss all of you. See you in September!
Sincerely, Anton.
brett
Crew
Crew

Good Morning Almosters

Eid Mubarak to everyone.

A huge thank you to @alshamsi_m for arranging this drive during the very special holiday of Eid, a time for family. So it was no different that the drive was to be a "Family Drive".

After the briefing we set off with a convoy of 13 cars as announced by @CARLOSS in the sweeper position. a call on the radio from @ALKHATIB confirmed in fact we were 14 cars in total seems @CARLOSS forgot to count himself.

We were following a CM drive track towards fossil rock, a simple drive for this convoy of experienced drivers. But wait @alshamsi_m was leading !! so expect the unexpected. I think throughout the drive there were only 3 incidents that required recovery. I was the victim of 2 of those - thanks @Tomvanhouten for your help in the windy conditions. That is the most my Viking rope has ever been put to use in one drive.

There were some nice drops - once you got over the crest successfully without flying or getting crested !! of course @alshamsi_m managed to spice up the drive with some nasty drops with hard turns and ditches to be avoided.
We eventually arrived at our seating area high on the rock sheltered from the wind. there we enjoyed the sunset, the karak, coffee and food treats that everyone had bought to share.

I would like to thank everyone who came out to enjoy the drive and the social gathering. these are the type of events that show the true spirit of Almost4x4 truly as more than "just another club" regardless of race, creed, religion or nationality this is a family.

@Scorpio thanks for joining us with your family and floating around to ensure we were all safe. Thanks to @David @Laarni @CARLOSS and @Tomvanhouten for the assistance doing recoveries (mostly of me) and supporting the convoy.

Thanks to the main convoy for taking the time to join in this event @anton @AZK89 @aknigge @Martin and of course @piotr and your son, and not forgetting @PedroLeal and your lovely family.
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

Not 100% sure at first, if I was able to join due to possible work stuff ongoing, but once the date shifted towards the event, I could comfortably register and I was really happy to do so.

The group of people was small, but one of the best!
Great company always makes it more enjoyable and seeing all the families out there with us proved that not only driving is the purpose of the club, the families are part of it as well!

I very much enjoyed the track in this area, which I believe is one of the many beautiful areas, the UAE has to offer, but somehow this one is really special.

Thank you everyone and see you soon,

Tom
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

The last family event this summer is here !!!! Due to school holidays and people were dying to go back home after covid flying restrictions. We had a small group joining our EID Al Adha event.

Since we are in July the weather shouldn't be that promising but in the last few days we had thunderstorms, rain, and cloudy days brigade.baka-wolf.com . Well our meeting started with a promise of an active wind which might affect our sitting dark mood

We had one hour or fun drive and we were going towards the Camel Rock as planned sitting area but as I mentioned before , the wind was not giving up so I decided to surpise the group with a hidden gem in Al Fayah area but taking them to The Upside Down Austrailia point. for others the heart rock or the chicken rock or whatever the way you see it thumbsup

The view was breath taken and the company was even better cool before I close my report I would like to thank @Scorpio for joining us with his lovely family. and all the people who should up.

Thanks again and looking forward to see you in the sand after coming back from Salalah.

Regards
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!

EID Al Adha family drive was fantastic! No matter what level is, driving with Almost is always a pleasure specially when there is a sitting area waiting for us on a secret spot for exchanging and chit chatting. thumbsup

In summertime it is not always easy to find some time to discuss with friends because of the heat :;^^: but last Sunday was different as the sitting area was quite high and protected us from the wind. Actually, when the convoy was about to pack up the weather was so good that I was not willing to leave. blank

I would like to thank @alshamsi_m for several things: For organizing, leading and showing us a secret gem, for giving me the chance to sweep (a long time I was not doing that and it is great! cool ) and finally for discovering me the hidden secrets of my FJ media system playingsmiley . And thanks to @Scorpio for showing up with your beautiful family and all event’s participants for such a great company.

Enjoy the summer break! thumbsup

Carlos
Last edited by CARLOSS on Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear Brett, for the records: I said "13 cars behind you Shamsi" because actually I did not count Shamsi himself. Scorpio (not Alkhatib) said "14 cars in total" so we both were right Psmiley
brett wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:37 am Good Morning Almosters

Eid Mubarak to everyone.

A huge thank you to @alshamsi_m for arranging this drive during the very special holiday of Eid, a time for family. So it was no different that the drive was to be a "Family Drive".

After the briefing we set off with a convoy of 13 cars as announced by @CARLOSS in the sweeper position. a call on the radio from @ALKHATIB confirmed in fact we were 14 cars in total seems @CARLOSS forgot to count himself.

We were following a CM drive track towards fossil rock, a simple drive for this convoy of experienced drivers. But wait @alshamsi_m was leading !! so expect the unexpected. I think throughout the drive there were only 3 incidents that required recovery. I was the victim of 2 of those - thanks @Tomvanhouten for your help in the windy conditions. That is the most my Viking rope has ever been put to use in one drive.

There were some nice drops - once you got over the crest successfully without flying or getting crested !! of course @alshamsi_m managed to spice up the drive with some nasty drops with hard turns and ditches to be avoided.
We eventually arrived at our seating area high on the rock sheltered from the wind. there we enjoyed the sunset, the karak, coffee and food treats that everyone had bought to share.

I would like to thank everyone who came out to enjoy the drive and the social gathering. these are the type of events that show the true spirit of Almost4x4 truly as more than "just another club" regardless of race, creed, religion or nationality this is a family.

@Scorpio thanks for joining us with your family and floating around to ensure we were all safe. Thanks to @David @Laarni @CARLOSS and @Tomvanhouten for the assistance doing recoveries (mostly of me) and supporting the convoy.

Thanks to the main convoy for taking the time to join in this event @anton @AZK89 @aknigge @Martin and of course @piotr and your son, and not forgetting @PedroLeal and your lovely family.
David
Intermediate
Intermediate

Great family drive lead by Shamsi and supported by Scorpio.

Starting point near the MP for the last CM drives, a couple of nice drops but overall relaxed as intended for a family drive.

Shamsi somehow managed to find a fantastic spot (thank you for always sharing all the valuable info, I get the feeling this one will be used ... ) safe from the wind (quite bad in most areas) where we got our chairs out and shared food and stories amongst each other, fantastic time, even the temperature seemed to be right.

For those I did not see last weekend and I might not be seeing this coming one, enjoy the summer and see you in September!!! (of course on the sand!!!)
brett
Crew
Crew

CARLOSS wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:46 am Dear Brett, for the records: I said "13 cars behind you Shamsi" because actually I did not count Shamsi himself. Scorpio (not Alkhatib) said "14 cars in total" so we both were right Psmiley
brett wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:37 am Good Morning Almosters

Eid Mubarak to everyone.

Opps my bad 🤣 i stand corrected.
At least it means you read my post 👍
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
piotr
Intermediate
Intermediate

We had a lovely relaxed drive las Sunday afternoon, it was great to see all the familiar faces once again before the summer break!
The area around Fossil Rock is very picturesque, and very varied - @alshamsi_m managed to pull a number of interesting drops out of his sleeve on the way.
I was a bit afraid how the very strong wind may affect our evening chitchat - to my great surprise once again years of experience in the desert spoke and @alshamsi_m found us a fantastic spot perched high up on the wall "close to Australia" :) There the breeze was nothing but pleasant. And we had quite a lot of fun with Karol searching for foxes in the rocks :)
We all shared our food and enjoyed the relaxed evening until darkness came.

Can't wait to see you soon in the sand!

Piotr & Karol
Martin

This kind of drive is exactly why I love to be a part of the Almost 4x4 family. It's just as much about the social side as it is the actual drive itself. Perfect for the Eid celebration.

I arrived nice and early so I could be ready as the rest of the convoy came and was happy to see the temperatures were not too bad for the time of year.

Once everyone had arrived, greetings made and surprise Eid gifts shared we all got ready to set off.

The drive was described as an easy CM route but as the convoy, all a good level of skill the bar was raised just a little more than the usual CM. We were lucky to have a lead from @alshamsi_m so we could expect the odd cheeky curve ball, which showed to be true.

One of the most generous offerings of the Eid event was the amazing service of @brett who was the second lead. He very kindly gave us plenty of warning of the harder crests that lay in front of us by showing us how easy it would be to get stuck there. A truly amazing sacrifice that kept in the spirit of the event.

The drive was also supported by @Tomvanhouten, @CARLOSS, @David , @Laarni & @Scorpio who luckily didn’t have a lot to do. As always it was also great to see the guys I have been learning along side in recent months including @AntonT , @AZK89 , @aknigge @piotr & @PedroLeal (sorry if I have forgot anyone).

Once taking the sights of Little Fossil Rock and a brief fly-by of Camel Rock @alshamsi_m ended the drive at the top of a short climb in an area that sheltered from the wind so we could comfortably sit down and share food and sweets and chat to the rest of the family. We even heard some of the stories around the very beginnings of Almost 4x4.