Eid drive 2022

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone,

a bit unexpected to join, but there was an opportunity, so I grabbed it!

Arriving late at the meeting point, learning that the game plan changed into a road/wadi trip towards Khorfakkan side of the country.
Great to have this diversity in the drives and the beautiful nature of the UAE doesn't stop in the sand, absolutely gorgeous there.

Once the wadi was conquered, we were treated with a fabulous seafood dinner!! I am still full brigade.baka-wolf.com

Thank you everyone for the company and thanks @alshamsi_m for a full and very happy tummy
brett
Crew
Crew

Dear Almosters,

I was very happy to discover there would be a "Family" EID drive on Tuesday afternoon. Thanks to @alshamsi_m for organising another "family" orientated drive.

@Sorin and myself set off early for no reason in particular other than we were keen to get out into the dunes for a relaxing afternoon that only the serenity of the desert can bring to your soul.

We deflated as soon as we arrived at the meeting point, having slowed up to allow the large herd of camels to meander along in front of us.

We then received a message that the meeting point had been changed due to the weather conditions - it was very windy and visibility was reduced due to sand blowing around. So once @alshamsi_m arrived and confirmed the changed plan we set about re inflating our tyres along with @Laarni as others started to arrive - all perplexed as to whether to deflate or not. @PedroLeal being one of them. A surprise unannounced addition of @Tomvanhouten arriving fresh from work, we ended up with a total of approx 20 cars with 30+ participants.

The new plan was to hit the highway and drive toward Khorfakkan, drive thru the Wadi areas and settle at a dam. It seemed every car in UAE was headed in the same direction - we spent considerable time in bumper to bumper traffic crawling along the highways. when we did finally get into the wadi the traffic was still an issue with many people having the same plan as us. there was a brief photo opportunity at the cave along the way.

After enduring the stresses of driving in gridlock for what felt like hours on end we were treated to an amazing dinner in a "Fish Cooking" restaurant by the coast in Khorfakkan. Man the seafood doesn't come any fresher than that !! straight from the ocean to the plate !! once everyone had gorged themselves on the abundant grilled fish, prawns and mussels it was time to head home over the mountains and thru the tunnels - a magnificent scenic journey.

Although we normally look forward to driving in the desert and the skills we learn in each drive. This drive was no less educational - the scenery in the mountains and wadi's was breathtaking and we were able to practise our skills and patients of driving in bumper to bumper traffic (a worthy skill for Sheik Zayed Road commute. And observing how members drive on the highway compared to the desert was very enlightening. It is always emphasized to us in the desert to maintain the correct distance from the car in front - this also holds true on the highway !

looking forward to the weekend ahead
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

Eid Mubarak and looking forward to see you soon 😊
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Ehab
media
media

Hi almosters
Eid joy is incomplete without meeting our second family, Almost4x4 family.
Arrived just on time to meet everyone and greet them for Eid then we were informed not to deflate as we will have a wadi drive instead of desert.
We moved on time to go through Khorfakkan new roads and tunnels trying to reach the dams and caves in the nice city. It was crowded but we got a very joyful trip. The trip ended with a very tasty and fresh seafood next to the cost which everyone enjoyed to the last bite.

Enjoy watching everyone
theDanutz

Dear Almosters,

Thank you for organizing EID drive, it turned out a bit different than usual drives, but nevertheless very enjoyable!

This club is a great family and having the chance to join you during EID days is amazing!

Thank you to @alshamsi_m for your patience and for taking us once again to marvelous places. Myself i never visited this Oman area near Khorfakan, although been in UAE for more than 10 years now. It was nice driving in a convoy through wadi and seeing people taking videos of us.

But this trip and the entire club is more than places, desert, dunes, skills... is about the people, friends and family. Every time I'm looking at the 5aed note now, it brings back the EID experience. Truly amazing!! @alshamsi_m Thank you!!

I'm grateful for being part of such community!

See you all for Eggs in Basket!!

Cheers,
Danutz