Side Effects

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

So then, it was time for the third drive in 24hrs....

We stopped on the way from Faqaa to Sweihan to get refreshed in gas station and chit chatted with @presa and @Laarni . once we arrived at the MP, the seats went back wards and some hard needed rest for one hour was accomplished!

Once the rest arrived, the briefing was quick but thorough by @rapailo and off we went.

As I was told to sweep, I got a good lesson from @rapailo : You arrive last, leave no one behind...oops! He was right, lesson taken.

As @Laarni lost her focus due to the fatigue, We enjoyed some good time together in the car for the last part of the drive. It is a rare occasion nowadays that we get the chance to chat while driving, so great time after all.

Thanks @rapailo and @presa for this great drive!

Arriving home felt like we did three days in Liwa, but all good and a fantastic weekend!

Tom
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters, we had a great drive at Sweihan.

Starting at usual spot, heading to Al Nagrah.

Convoy was small, with 6 cars, so we were able to have a fast drive covering around 60km.

@rapailo was capable of offering a challenging drive and drivers were doing fine, with a couple of 2nd tries and many many side crests, great climbs and although flow can be better for a small convoy!

After 3h driving we were safe and sound at the exit point, with smiles on everyone's faces!!
CARLOSS
Intermediate
Intermediate

Dear everyone!

“Side effects” drive was like an off-road school private lesson as only 6 cars showed up at the meeting point including 2 Marshals! I don’t remember such a low level of attendance but no problem at all…the less we are the much fun we have. Psmiley

The main side effect appeared when I reached home as my heart was still pumping adrenaline after 1:15h of boring way back…I took a shower and walked the dog out a bit for recovering my normal heartbeat…and all because of @rapailo fault ORLY

The drive itself was spectacular, specially in the second and third sections between breaks, while the flow was amazing and the radio was silent for long periods of time…one side cresting, big arch, another side cresting...never-ending sequence of going up and down. Forgot to mention that I had the pleasure of being second lead, so I had the difficult duty of following rapailo's lines…most of the time I managed to do it but from time to time I needed to make my own ones as his lines were too much perfect for me melt . He implemented an optimum level being challenging but not crazy and very safe at all times. thumbsup

On the other hand, we got the pleasure of having another great teacher/master, @presa , who helped us sorting some situations out & inspired all the drivers with his good mood and showed us the way to attack Nagra from the only doable spot. playingsmiley

I cannot wait for next time in Sweihan…thanks a lot @rapailo for organizing & leading and @presa for taking care of us.

See you till them
Carlos
Laarni
media
media

hi guys..
better late than never. please enjoy my video for my trip report

thanks