Heads will roll

Rathica
Crew
Crew

Heads Will Roll
I planned to leave Dubai early so I could reach the camp site while there was still daylight. Sadly I didn't leave early enough and ended up chasing the sun set with the sunset winning.
I reached the Subkha and began to the camp site trying to follow the track with the GPS in my hand - I was driving Preggy's FJ and didn't have my mobile carrier. I DO NOT recommend navigating in the dark or otherwise this way.

I reached the first low lying dunes and began my way across them. Then decided that I should deflate partially to be in the safe side. I then encountered @mpodroid who was trying to find his way across. I realised that he was veering away from what I could see on my GPS so decided to keep with my GPS. I got across the next subkha and began my way into the Al Qua dunes which can make you quiver in the dark. I also saw the big bowl that I had to climb to reach the campsite. It would have been a piece of cake in my Jeep but a whole different story in the FJ. I attempted the climb unsuccessfully - reattempted and realised it was not going to work. I got out and deflated more. It also gave me an opportunity to review the bowl in front of me and plan my course. I tried the climb again and was successful πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸš™

I got to the camp site and saw my favorite people and we're met by more Almosters who were all feeling victorious after climbing the bowl to the camp. All that excitement and we hadn't even officially started the drive.

Morning greeting and briefing over, we were divided into two groups and I was with Singh who had lots of support as well with AbuBaker, Scorpio, Mahmood Yasin, Rapaello and Optimus who was our second lead and my dearest Presa.

I chose to stay at the back of the convoy at the beginning as I was driving an unfamiliar car and I knew if I had a second try (of which there were many) the Advanced and Explorers would make sure that I wasn't left behind πŸ™πŸΌ

Singh was on fire and chose a gorgeous area with amazing lines and challenges. After our first sequence, I couldn't get out of the car! It was the first time my hands shook and this was after just 10 minutes of driving.

My body normalized to the adrenaline rush and we got on our way. What can I say, we had an absolute blast. Singh was at full throttle all the way through.
There were many second tries and pop outs and vehicles that quit even though their drivers didn't want to quit.

We bid goodbye to some drivers after lunch and joined convoys so all remaining Inters were together after lunch and we continued the adrenalin rush across the desert.

Al Qua is an amazing terrain. It has so much to offer and I loved sharing it with my Almosters ❀️

Thank you everyone for such a fabulous day πŸ’ƒπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•ΊπŸ•Ί
Join me drawing in the sand
πŸ‘‘Dauntless πŸš™πŸ’¨