Birds of Prey II

Solmaz
Marshal
Marshal

My favourite drive of the year!!

March is the month we celebrate international women's day every year with a special female-only drive.

Our Almost family is a unique inclusive community for all drivers from any background, at any (legal driving) age and any gender, but still, as a female in offroading, I know there are some extra challenges for us ladies.

Usually men are a little extra helpful, a little extra commentative when they are around us. I know they mean well and most of the time extra muscle is much appreciated but sometimes you need to hit a wall first (not meant literally:)) to learn how to overcome it. So that is why I try to encourage and show my girls that we can conquer anything when we set our minds to it. That is why this drive is so special.

For the 4th annual Almost Ladies drive we had @Rathica , @Laarni and @Johanna as our guardian angels. We had @Cyndi (and my fluffy friend Snowy), @Flor , @NYing , @Viktoriia as seasoned Newbies to show our fresh drivers how we roll and @elenauae , @Janine , @Mayyasa , @Mbutterfly and @Vandana as our first timers.

@sumaiya had a mechanical issue early morning and sadly had to leave before the drive.

Our day started with a short briefing and we hit the dunes. Other than a couple of stucks (one being me) and second tries, our ladies did great. It was a really fun day out with girls and I am looking forward to have more of it!

One thing we sadly noticed was that the temperatures during the day already increased significantly and feels like we might have to switch summer timings very soon.

Thank you all the girls for joining and making this another great day.
Special thanks to the support team for keeping us safe. (and the cake! in love )

Another thanks go to the Media team for the amazing videos. But you were very lucky I forgot to tell the wives the first rule of the ladies drive: "Kicking the husbands out is completely fine and we have a special sweep team to collect them on the way". There were a couple of times I noticed it would happen if they only knew. blank

Hope to see you all in sand.
Laarni
media
media

hello all..they say..better late than never..ladies drive comes every year but birds of prey was very special to me since the first edition of this drive was my very first club member drive in almost 4x4 club and in my whole life in the desert..and made a good memories back then including having my husband as passenger back then, and teaches me how to kick out a husband during drives like those lll._. , which i never knew before and the result is sofa days for someone grin ..nways these drives brings back a lot of fun memories.

so the day comes and we arrived first with my husband as passenger ( brought an extra masking tape for him in case ), and according to my husband.. as per women behaviour the chaos already started before the drive even started shocked...again ... well as for me..the fun started before the drive start thumbsup ..its just fun to see the different point of view of men and women thats why we have womens day drives...as ladies arrives (with some of their husband with them, nidal and mpodroid) the weather also slowly started to heat up..after we have been briefed by solmaz we started tackling the dunes, with very nice introduction from small to medium dunes as for the beginners..everybody did well and we have some few second tries and as solmaz got stuck..we all heard in the radio " this is how you get stuck". grin and some also tried learning how to get stuck.
anyways..we have a very nice drive without having so much issues and everybody enjoys it.