All Stars - Limited Edition V - 22/01/22

piotr
Intermediate
Intermediate

All,
As few people noticed, I had quite a break from sand over the last 2 months, so I was really looking forward to the opportunity to come back to desert. The All-Star drive is always a great moment to reconnect with Almosters old and new, and it was so also this time - we had plenty of opportunities to catch up before and after the drive.

As for the drive itself, I was allocated to the 10+ convoy led by @Scorpio. Already at the beginning @Scorpio mentioned we will do nice arches, traverses and crests and, but no aggressive side cresting as there are a few Newbie new to this level. I must the performance during the drive itself did not show that! The convoy had a great flow, with minimal amount of issues. Smooth lines selected by @Scorpio guaranteed maximum fun. The time passed by very quickly and in no time we found ourselves in Al Qudra.

Overall we covered 44km and drove for 2h20'.

Hoping for a next 10+ drive soon! :)

Piotr
nidal78
media
media

Hi almosters
Another amazing day with almost 4 x 4 family
First of all thanks to Barish for organizing this drive, too many cars and drivers attended this drive from different levels -5 convoy led by Giorgio and +5 convoy led by Rashed and +10 convoy led by Scorpio
I was in Scorpio’s convoy
We start our drive with fast base,medium arches and riding over small and medium dunes, then we entered a technical area which Challenge the drivers skills specially for me in the red monster and F150’s beasts at the back of the convoy (one of this nasty dunes caught me while I am trying to fix my camera position 🤦🏻‍♂️ And thanks to Osman for his gentle pull )but everyone did a great job with nice flow
Then we returned to the fast base again riding over the dunes with nice speed from Scorpio
I will let you with the video of our drive and I hope you enjoy it
Finally I want to thank Barish again for organizing this drive and to our Marshall Scorpio for his amazing lead and big thanks to all supporting team for keeping everyone safe
Till next time stay safe and see you on send soon
mustafazc

Hey everyone,

I was looking forward to this drive since I hadn't been able to attend any of the drives in more than a month, and its good I did attend since it looks like no newbie drives for the next couple of weeks.

I arrived at the briefing and was assigned to the -5 convoy with @giorgio as the lead, @Tomvanhouten & @CARLOSS as support and @Barish as the floating marshall.

The drive was very smooth and we got some nice scenic points. We had a few second attempts and recoveries in our convoy. I had made a mistake where I took the wrong track since I had stopped too far away from the car in front when the convoy was halted.
I will use the radio next time and stop if I see two paths and am not sure, instead of risking taking the wrong path.

We finally reached the finish point just in time for a super scenic sunset.
Looking forward to the next drive! Thank you Barish for organizing and marshalling the super long convoy.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

giorgio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:48 am All Stars - Limited Edition V -

Last but not least. A shout to @alshamsi_m who chose to leave us at the worst possible time, but still although his presence was missed we all used our years of training to have a safe and enjoyable drive

We are all human beings, isn't the case for all of us??? During the drives, I received that a member or more couldn't come to the drive due to Covid or other issues which is fine !!. On the other hand we had marshals who couldn't join because they got the same issues too !!! brigade.baka-wolf.com

All our marshals are volunteers and they help whenever it is possible for them, so let us remember that our beloved marshals are sacrificing their time and efforts for the offroad community cool
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
xtreeme99

Hi everyone, I'm late with the report due to emregencies at work :(

I did a 'lazy' video report after the drive shared in group chat:

There were a lot of drivers at different level, with a total of three convoys (5-, 5+ and 10+).
I was assigned to 5+ convoy lead by Rashid - we had a great start with jump into action almost straight away. Unfortunately Rashid had mechanical issue with his car and after a quick stop he decided to leave the convoy to stop and carry out the repairs.
@baris took over and guided us to 5- convoy and merged us together. While the logistics are hard to imagine to have it done smoothly and seamlessly - for us drivers it felt natural and almost as planned. OSMILEY

I had a 'desert brake' for few months as my family was visiting and this time of the year the sand felt more rough - probably due to the recent rains - so comparing with my summer drives I felt more in control and not struggling that much - no second tries or recoveries this time for me, but I did hit a small pothole with my tire that I didnt see in time. Got to keep eyes open all the time! ouch...it hurts

For this drive I brought a friend as a passenger, first time in the desert. He loved the dunes and overall vibe and even following the 5- trail he was quite emotional at all the drops and climbs melt

Our convoy had a pop out by the very end so everyone could witness a live demonstration on how to deal with it. cool

My biggest challenge was a driver in front of me making sudden stops, leaving no room for me to stop in a proper place - forcing me to driver on the side and wait him to move - or for me to keep a longer distance for safety.

As always, radio communication is key!