Introduce yourself here, Please. Lets get to know each other

Arjun_M

Hey Guys,
My name is Arjun. Been in Dubai for a long long time... around 26 years now. I used to own a jeep for around 5 years from 2011 - 2016 during which i did frequent the deserts quite often in convoys and little groups of friends. Sold it then for a sedan and almost instantly regretted it. I used to go on quite a few drives early on but since i haven't had a chance to practice for the last several years and my entire off-road crew has left the country. Decided to join the group and make some new friends and hopefully a new group. Would like to start from the beginning to get a feel and the confidence back.
Hoping to see you all soon.

Arjun
PedroLeal
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello everyone!
My name is Pedro and I'm an offroad enthusiast for long time!
I'm portuguese and moved to Dubai 3 years ago.
Till 3 years ago my experience was limited to mountain trails. When I arrived UAE, I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee to use as family car and started to discover sand.
Went a few times but almost left my bumpers in Al Qudra :), then my wife banned me from going with her car offroading.
Then I bought a Jeep Wrangler JLU and I am "in love"... with the car and the desert :)
I have to say that the only experience that I've carried from mountain trails to the desert is the ability to control the "ego", because every thing else is different!
I really hope I can learn a lot with you guys and spend very good times and drives!
See you soon on the sand!

Regards,
Pedro
aboutaha
Club Member
Club Member

Hi Everyone!

New to off-roading, but hungry for adventure :) Recently got a new Jeep JL Sahara, so I'm hoping to get it out on the sand soon. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Houssam
Giorgiana
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,

I am Giorgiana, recently arrived in Dubai.

I want to learn driving in the desert
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Giorgiana wrote: ↑Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:05 pm Hi,

I am Giorgiana, recently arrived in Dubai.

I want to learn driving in the desert
Welcome to the club Giorgiana. Keep There is an upcoming Club member drive on the 5th of February (which I see that you have signed already. Looking forward to meet you there. At the mean time scroll through our forum and prepare your tools. After the drive you can pass the tools inspection and get your first star that will qualify you for your first star (newbie level) and get your first drive on the weekend right after the cm drive
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
drvillo

Hey all, Francesco here πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just signed up because I'd love to learn and progress with my desert driving. I see there is a club member trip on the 5th of Feb but it seems fully booked and I couldn't figure out how to add myself to the waiting listπŸ˜…

I'll keep an eye for the next one, looking forward to meeting some of you!
F
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Link for next Club Member Drive (the drive for the ew members within Almost4x4 Club):

viewtopic.php?t=5017
brett
Crew
Crew

drvillo wrote: ↑Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:01 pm Hey all, Francesco here πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just signed up because I'd love to learn and progress with my desert driving. I see there is a club member trip on the 5th of Feb but it seems fully booked and I couldn't figure out how to add myself to the waiting listπŸ˜…

I'll keep an eye for the next one, looking forward to meeting some of you!
F

you should be able to join the Club Member Drive on 5th Feb even the wait list will be accpeted.
any problems registering as our admin he will get you sorted out
join also in the Telegram app chat group
Until the next Adventure

Brett
Red Baron
drvillo

πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Yeah I managed to sign up for the 5th. Probably a noob question but the meeting point location is listed down as "Sharjah" - I assume more details will be given closer to the date?

Also, where can I find the link to the telegram group?
Thanks!
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

drvillo wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:34 pm πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Yeah I managed to sign up for the 5th. Probably a noob question but the meeting point location is listed down as "Sharjah" - I assume more details will be given closer to the date?

Also, where can I find the link to the telegram group?
Thanks!
Hey There,

Welcome to the club, all the details regarding the drive will be sent to all the registered drivers via a PM on the forum inbox (located on the top right corner of the screen).

As for the Telegram group chat, just send me a pm on 0544307332 and i will add you to the club's group chat.

See you on the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills