Rose Gold Sands

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

I remember our last Liwa drive was in the First week of Corona Lockdown. @Booy & I managed to pull one last drive thinking, We don't know when is the next time !!! :;^^:

Well , we are lucky enough to have the first drive back to Liwa with the first cool breeze yaeh am not durnk . As promised to our latest comers that I would bring them if they managed to do the 5 first drives and attend the training.

I'm sure that our instructions were overwhelming sometimes or didn't make sense but I believe that once you were there with us it is all made sense thumbsup

The main highlight of the drive was the girls' team who did really well without any major issues. Also the Pajeros' team did very well to prove " It is not the car, it is the driver " cool

The Season just started and we are planning to take the newbie 10+ , newbies 20+ & Intermediates for December. Before I close my report and I would urge the Advance members to get ready for the STARFISH dunes in January 2021

The Marshals, did amazing job to pull the 96.5 km drive successfully " We couldn't do it without you guys "

I'm really looking forward to go back to play in the big dunes !!! :bouaaaaah:

Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
jayslens

Dear Almosters!

Ah where shall I start from?
A huge thank you to all the marshals @alshamsi_m @Booy @presa @Rashidjass @Scorpio @SINGH @Mabubaker for continuous support, guidance, uplifting my mood and handling me Psmiley

Sorry @presa for making a mess in your car and @Rashidjass for making a mess outside of your car Psmiley

I remember the day when @alshamsi_m had mentioned about Liwa it's a photographer's paradise as it is for an avid offroader. I made sure I went for all drives just to get in this trip.

I had written a huge report before but it disappeared not sure why and now I am just too lazy to re-write it. I will try to keep it short. After suffering from what @Phoenix had said Post Liwa Syndrome, embarrassment and sulking for not being to drive. I thought not to write the report but we are humans after all so I thought it would be good to share my experience.

I was just super excited for this trip from making lists on what needs to be bought or done to practicing on how to set up your tent and how to close it, yep it was my first time camping in UAE. I was worried and nervous when the days were approaching closer to the trip not sure why. Was just praying to come out fine from this trip. The camping night was fun and gone smoothly with a few hiccups like forgetting to bring a cooking pot *facepalm* . After some members had said their byes and goodnight I had set up my tent somewhat successfully and then headed the north side to shoot for star trails which ended up me sleeping around 2:30AM - 3AM. Woke up around 6AM for sunrise and then realized the sheer beauty of Liwa OSMILEY

I felt like sleeping but with other members packing up and all I started my pack up as well. Breakie and tea done and off we started...three Pajs were there with me being placed 1st..the very first bowl came in and I MESSED UP BIGGGGGG TIME! It led me parking my car and becoming a passenger in @presa car. I didn't argue with @alshamsi_m nor did I say anything to any one as I understood my mistake and knew that the marshals only wanted me to be safe. I was sad when I saw the track which was really beautiful but deep down I was glad to have taken that decision as lack of sleep led to lost focus another mistake was to kinda underestimate LIWA. And worried about my untrimmed/uncut front bumper as well as it does have issues in straight drops.

I did lose on the drive but I got some beautiful images which I will share soon. And hopefully with more practice I shall see you soon Liwa and next time I am definitely sleeping early!

Overall, I just want to say thank you for organizing this trip. It was a great experience.

See you all soon in sand thumbsup

One of the images I am still working on -

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello everyone

All credits for @Rashidjass

Tomvanhouten
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello All,

A bit later then usual to write my trip report, guess the holidays is not letting me pick up the laptop..

Anyway, it was the first time again to drive my own car and unfortunately it didn't last the whole drive (but a very good part of it), problems are there to be fixed and that is exactly what we will do again.

I loved being in this part of Liwa again and enjoyed the drive from the back of the convoy. It is amazing to see how the convoy in front of you is flowing thru the dunes like little ants conquering the dunes. And that is exactly the majestic thing about this place; beautiful, scary, challenging and most important fantastic to drive.

Thanks to the whole group that I could join and special thanks to the organization again for their talents to make even a drive in Liwa safe, but fun and exciting!

See you soon,

Tom
Kris

Hello Everyone,

with humbleness but also with a little shame I am catching up on my trip report (duty)...
I ask for forgiveness and the least punishment:)
I was never good at novel writing and I have read in here a lot of amazing stories so the bar is set too high for me.

Straight to the point:
A huge thank you to @alshamsi_m for giving us the opportunity to take part in this long awaited event, it was worth waiting all long year to come here. Thanks for keeping us all (alive) in the sand until the sunset. A not smaller big thanks to the super Support and Rescue Crew @Johanna , @Rashidjass , @Booy , @Stephan , @Mabubaker , @presa , and @Scorpio for taking a good care of our safety and all the good tips and hints over the radio. Another thanks to all the fellow Newbies for your great company and discipline, we all made it!

It was an excellent, long awaited event and and a goal itself to be there since I signed up to Almosters a year ago. Liwa / Hameem area is a natural beauty of the UAE and the experience and the memory will stay with me for long. The drive was like all my previous rides combined but bigger, longer, faster and better:) Soft sand, hard sand, speedy sand:), vertical sand, horizontal sand, sand in my mouth and in my car, fast arches, nice straight crests, plenty of meanders and turns and... loooong drops! We had a lot of fun. To put it simply it was: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I am jealous that I cannot be part of this week's trip to Liwa but hope there will be another chance for Newbies before the summer...?

All the best & stay safe.
Kris
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

All credits for @AdamW