Laser Cresters

presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive on this Friday morning in Sweihan region.

We had two convoys, a intermediate lead by @Scorpio and then @alshamsi_m and support by @Booy . The second convoy was lead by @Rashidjass and support by @SINGH and myself.

On the intermediate convoy we had @Christiaan , @kareem.alameldin, @Mabubaker and @Mahmoodyasin.

On the advance we had @giorgio , @haider alnuaimi and @Issa .

At the advance convoy we cover 52.5km starting softly on Sweihan Farm, where we spend the first 1.5-2h of the drive. Convoy pace was smoooooth... so smooth that it looks like we were playing around on the back of Al Qudra... so @Rashidjass decided to raise the bar and we went to the back of Al Ain Airport Region... Sand was super soft over the first 30cm and wet below it, and with Rashid on this zone we did some superb dune climbing and side crest on small bowls on the top of large dunes, making the drive quite challenging, up to the level of the drivers.
There were very few incidents on advance convoy, including two stucks, one being mine while playing out of the leader track and a jeep that need a 5-min maintenance at Jass Garage Sweihan Branch :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At 11h30 we finish the drive with plenty of fun on being back to Al Ain region!

I would like to know from our members - please comment even if you didnt drive this Friday - if we should organize more drives on AD or keep it all in Dubai/Sharjah due to the board crossing....
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Laser Cresters Advance version

Friday morning drive and we were all excited to drive again the real deal. The closed borders and the new travel restrictions were a minor price to pay considering the adrenaline rush.

Advance drivers were up to a nice surprise when @alshamsi_m announced that @Rashidjass will lead the advance convoy.
The drive started on a slow moderate pace. Dont forget that we all have not driven this area for several months and we were all kind of rusty.

The beginning of the drive was more of a intermediate level with gradually increasing speed and difficulty. Soft patches of sand were making the drive more challenging but over all the drivers were tackling the obstacles with no major issues but some scattered second tries.

Been on a lock down for several months it was nice to get to this popular area and enjoy the big dunes with the sharp crests.

I am looking forward to another drive in Abu Dhabi and I hope that the Marshall's will consider more drives in the near future.

Until next time stay and drive safe .
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

presa wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:27 am Hi Almosters!

We had a great drive on this Friday morning in Sweihan region.

We had two convoys, a intermediate lead by @Scorpio and then @alshamsi_m and support by @Booy . The second convoy was lead by @Rashidjass and support by @SINGH and myself.

On the intermediate convoy we had @Christiaan , @kareem.alameldin, @Mabubaker and @Mahmoodyasin.

On the advance we had @giorgio , @haider alnuaimi and @Issa .

At the advance convoy we cover 52.5km starting softly on Sweihan Farm, where we spend the first 1.5-2h of the drive. Convoy pace was smoooooth... so smooth that it looks like we were playing around on the back of Al Qudra... so @Rashidjass decided to raise the bar and we went to the back of Al Ain Airport Region... Sand was super soft over the first 30cm and wet below it, and with Rashid on this zone we did some superb dune climbing and side crest on small bowls on the top of large dunes, making the drive quite challenging, up to the level of the drivers.
There were very few incidents on advance convoy, including two stucks, one being mine while playing out of the leader track and a jeep that need a 5-min maintenance at Jass Garage Sweihan Branch :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At 11h30 we finish the drive with plenty of fun on being back to Al Ain region!

I would like to know from our members - please comment even if you didnt drive this Friday - if we should organize more drives on AD or keep it all in Dubai/Sharjah due to the board crossing....

I am in. I believe that now that we went over the procedure ones and we understood how it works it will be easier and faster for all of us to get prepared for the next time. I will suggest that if there will be new drives in the area to book for the test as soon as we get a seat for the drive. The days of the week closer to the weekend are more difficult to find an appointment so the earlier we book the better it is.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

It was nice to be back !!! :;^^:

The drive started as usual with a briefing but our organizer decided to surprise the advance drivers to go in their own convoy, the idea was to give more focus on the intermediates since all are rusty :have_a_nice_day:

@Scorpio gave us very nice lines and you can see them in Abu Baker's video. We had really good time driving around this area until we reached Nagrah dune .

I remember hearing someone on the radio saying " it is worth the 50 dhs to come " :yarr:

Thanks for all the marshals to do the support and make another memorable day for our members

Till next time stay safe

Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Christiaan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good day all.

It was so nice driving with the almost family again on Friday. This was my first intermediate drive in Sweihan and boy was it an eye opener again.

I was part of the second convoy having @Scorpio @alshamsi_m @Booy in our convoy. We were 7 cars altogether and the small convoy was sure to had a good time. From the get go the big sharp crests were sailed across. It was unbelievable seeing a dune and thinking that its too high or sharp and the next moment the lead decides to go over it.

There were a few second tries and a pop-out but it was quickly fixed. We drove up to old lady and had a run there and then started heading out.

Thanks to all for a wonderful morning. Thanks to the marshalls for keeping us safe and making it so enjoyable for us.

Till next time, keep safe.