Breathe again!

Sorin
media
media

Today’s drive was the best drive I’ve been lucky to be part of. It’s started at a “nice” 44 degrees temperature but little did we know that things were about to get even hotter and faster as soon as the drive started.

thumbsup

Our convoy was led by Booy with Rathica as second lead, Petr in the middle followed by myself and Abu Jawad.

The first half of the drive took us thru some nice small dunes where we got re-accustomed to driving in the desert again after a long time and then a technical area with very small dunes and soft sand.

As the outside temperature began to go down to “reasonable” levels, we entered the second part of the drive in an area with mid sized and some higher dunes that allowed the marshal to speed things up and we were more than happy to follow and try not to break the flow of the drive.

We side-crested probably 99% of the dunes, which for a newbie like myself, used to straight-cresting most of the time, was pure joy.

We had two or three second tries and one pop-out which was fixed very quickly.

Overall the flow and vibe of the drive was amazing and driving in such a small formation definetly helped keep the pace up and play around some of the nicer dunes without the risk of running into each other.

Having the slowest and least powerful car of the convoy made me work a bit harder trying to keep up and aside from a few climbs where I could not use the momentum of the vehicle I am pretty happy with my performance grin

As the sun started to set, we neared our end point but we all wished we could have continued for another hour or so but due to current conditions we cannot stay too long in the desert.

It was great to be back in the sand together with Almost 4x4 and I can’t wait for the next drive.

Thank you to our marshal Booy and thank you to all the members of today’s convoy Rathica, Petr and Abu Jawad.
I approve this message ⬆️
Petr
Intermediate
Intermediate

I can say it was the best newbie drive I experienced so far. In my whole newbie life I didn't do so many side crests as we did with @Booy yesterday.

in the 1st phase we started slow to knock the dust off our rusty skills. Then the 2nd phase came with Booy speeding up. We were amongst mid size dunes, one side crest after another came promptly. The flow ran smoothly and fast as of a perfectly greased transmission. There was no work for me as the support so I just simply enjoyed the drive.

One car got a pop out that was fixed by the driver very quickly, and then we entered the 3rd phase: small sharp dunes and ditches. The speed went down but the hand job intensity went up (I mean with the steering wheel).

Before sunset we all arrived to Al Qudra. The time flew fast, it didn't feel we spent nearly 3 hours driving.

Thanks @Booy for a great drive and I am sure @Rathica, @Sorin and @AbuJawad will benefit greatly from this experience at the intermediate exam.

AbuJawad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Nothing more to be added on @Sorin report, very well said brother.
Literally the best and most fun drive i’ve ever had since club member drive , this is only because our drivers’ efforts to keep up with our Marshal @Booy . I’m the one with the sudden pop out , first time ever to happen to me , it was benificial to me very much, as this time i got to know what is the deadline that is not to be crossed with my sensitive tire lifting the desert ship :D
Looking forward to have more intense and action trips soon.
Ps: Drove for 74 Km , the longest off road trip ever had.

Thank you all for this trip and thanks for Almost 4x4 ,
Sitting behind a wheal doesn’t make you a DRIVER, Boss!
Instead: Feel it , breath it , Take care of it, FLOOR it !
Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the good trip reports.

It is so good to be back and enjoying the desert with our fellow Almosters.

We had a small convoy with drivers who showed competency, which allowed us to increase the speed and level of enjoyment. Everyone did well, and we did not want to go home.

This is only the start...

Stay safe and keep well.

Regards,

Booy
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Rathica
Crew
Crew

Breathe Again
What can I add that @Sorin hasn't already said?
It was a fantastic drive! The pace was manic and has my heart pumping like crazy! It was so awesome. The terrain gave us every opportunity to practice every skill: straight Cresting, side sloping, ridge Cresting, switching, and even playing with gravity while skimming the slopes!!!!

The energy was so high I didn't want the drive to end.
@Booy you rocked that desert.
To the fellow drivers:
@Sorin, @Petr and
@AbuJawad You guys were amazing company ❤️

Most importantly, it was fantastic to catch up with the boys and to glimpse my personal inspiration
@Solmaz
who was Zooming around leading her own convoy.
Rathica 👑 🚙
Last edited by Phoenix on Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Name Tagging
Join me drawing in the sand
👑Dauntless 🚙💨
Bill

Petr wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:03 am I can say it was the best newbie drive I experienced so far. In my whole newbie life I didn't do so many side crests as we did with @Booy yesterday.

in the 1st phase we started slow to knock the dust off our rusty skills. Then the 2nd phase came with Booy speeding up. We were amongst mid size dunes, one side crest after another came promptly. The flow ran smoothly and fast as of a perfectly greased transmission. There was no work for me as the support so I just simply enjoyed the drive.

One car got a pop out that was fixed by the driver very quickly, and then we entered the 3rd phase: small sharp dunes and ditches. The speed went down but the hand job intensity went up (I mean with the steering wheel).

Before sunset we all arrived to Al Qudra. The time flew fast, it didn't feel we spent nearly 3 hours driving.

Thanks @Booy for a great drive and I am sure @Rathica, @Sorin and @AbuJawad will benefit greatly from this experience at the intermediate exam.

Nice pictures man, keep it up
Never met a desert sunset I didn't like. :relieved: