No Pain No Gain ll

Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Dear Members,

Please post the trip reports for No Pain No Gain ll drive here.

Thank you.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

Amazing weather, great company and an awesome drive on Friday.…what else you need to start your weekend thumbsup .

It has become a norm that whenever we have the drive in that area, we do the first climb and first side crest in 35psi arr. ; those who have been to this meeting point would know what I mean ORLY . We had the quick briefing by @Rashidjass who was to lead the convoy of intermediates and advanced members. He told all in the briefing about the next crest that he was to flatten ninja . We had a nice drive and the flow remained well throughout the drive. Few second tries here and there, and couple of pop-outs made the day more interesting. I enjoyed floating with @Booy and was able to see the convoy moving on dunes crests from different angles.

Few tips as per my observation:

• Don’t push your vehicle to reach to the crest if your momentum or angle is not correct; second try is always better than fighting gravity
• Don’t try to do the crest before the lead car cresting point; lead car is taking that risk for you so, stay safe
• Too much throttle on the wall sometimes makes your tires spin unnecessarily and slide; learn the technique to be in the right momentum on the wall as it will help you to reach to the crest easily

Thank you all for your company and great drive. See you in ‘Blade Runners’ :twisted:

Cheers
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

Hi All
On the way from dubai i met and joined @Rashidjass @Scorpio and @SINGH to make it to the meeting point on time. Most of the drivers were already deflating when we reached.
Soon when everyone joined, @Rashidjass carried out a short briefing and choose @Issa as his second lead, the rest just lined up.... with @Youssef.Abdelhady / @SINGH floating and @Booy / @Scorpio keeping the eagle eye .
Without any caution or warning @Rashidjass hit the series of high dunes, with his tail of drivers, having no clue what to do oh noes ... one can see them sliding, jumping....trying to keep up and yet struggling to control their cars serious business . After about 10mins the leader showed some mercy and came to a stop, only to let the multiple second tries souls to catch up. Everyone came out of their cars and looked at each other to find shock and surprised written all over their faces. @Rashidjass uttered.... is everyone OK..... me... not really scared
A 5min break and we moved on facing towards sweihan, there were muliple climbs and sidecrest, and a lot of moving positions b/w the intermediates due to several second tries omg . After a good 1 1/2 @Issa decided to move away and let an intermediate taste the 2nd lead challenge. @Nabil got into that position and tried to keep up with the lead for most of the time except for a few occasions when he had to go for 2nd try. I was behind @Mabubaker initially and then switched a position ahead after he did a second try. In front of me was @kareem.alameldin who became a good reference, for me to manage my speed and momentum.
Coming down riding on a long crest the only one car who successfully made it till the end was @Issa but to only land with a pop out. That episode was handled wisely considering the hard ground and got fixed in a quick manner.
Last leg turned out to be very tiring when @Rooies got a double pop out and more worryingly it happened on a drop, with the experience marshals around, both the tires were put back on, but involved some serious digging.
since we were slightly behind schedule @Rashidjass took the high speed approach and rallied through the dunes to the finish line. on fire .

lessons learnt:
1. choose and keep the right amount of distance from the car ahead considering the pace of the convoy and the type of challenges ahead.
2. on climbs if not sure about the car in front, just wait till he passes.
3. radio communication for second tries is of utmost importance.

I feel bad for the ones who couldn't make it for this very enjoyable and competitive drive. lucky that i was their to experience it. in love

Thank you very much
a. @Rashidjass for an awesome drive.
b. @Booy for all the tips and advices.
c. @Scorpio for watching our back.

till next time
Mahmoodyasin
Dark stallion(black fj cruiser)
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Mahmoodyasin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:49 pm Hi All
On the way from dubai i met and joined @Rashidjass @Scorpio and @SINGH to make it to the meeting point on time. Most of the drivers were already deflating when we reached.
Soon when everyone joined, @Rashidjass carried out a short briefing and choose @Issa as his second lead, the rest just lined up.... with @Youssef.Abdelhady / @SINGH floating and @Booy / @Scorpio keeping the eagle eye .
Without any caution or warning @Rashidjass hit the series of high dunes, with his tail of drivers, having no clue what to do oh noes ... one can see them sliding, jumping....trying to keep up and yet struggling to control their cars serious business . After about 10mins the leader showed some mercy and came to a stop, only to let the multiple second tries souls to catch up. Everyone came out of their cars and looked at each other to find shock and surprised written all over their faces. @Rashidjass uttered.... is everyone OK..... me... not really scared
A 5min break and we moved on facing towards sweihan, there were muliple climbs and sidecrest, and a lot of moving positions b/w the intermediates due to several second tries omg . After a good 1 1/2 @Issa decided to move away and let an intermediate taste the 2nd lead challenge. @Nabil got into that position and tried to keep up with the lead for most of the time except for a few occasions when he had to go for 2nd try. I was behind @Mabubaker initially and then switched a position ahead after he did a second try. In front of me was @kareem.alameldin who became a good reference, for me to manage my speed and momentum.
Coming down riding on a long crest the only one car who successfully made it till the end was @Issa but to only land with a pop out. That episode was handled wisely considering the hard ground and got fixed in a quick manner.
Last leg turned out to be very tiring when @Rooies got a double pop out and more worryingly it happened on a drop, with the experience marshals around, both the tires were put back on, but involved some serious digging.
since we were slightly behind schedule @Rashidjass took the high speed approach and rallied through the dunes to the finish line. on fire .

lessons learnt:
1. choose and keep the right amount of distance from the car ahead considering the pace of the convoy and the type of challenges ahead.

I feel bad for the ones who couldn't make it for this very enjoyable and competitive drive. lucky that i was their to experience it. in love

Thank you very much

till next time
Mahmoodyasin
when you have this type of reports it feels like I was there even though I was not able to come Thank you for the detail report
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Mahmoodyasin
Advance
Advance

giorgio wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:02 pm

lessons learnt:

Thank you very much

till next time
Mahmoodyasin
when you have this type of reports it feels like I was there even though I was not able to come Thank you for the detail report
Glad to hear that, well most of us look forward to read your reports.
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Mahmoodyasin wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:27 pm
giorgio wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:02 pm

lessons learnt:

Thank you very much

till next time
Mahmoodyasin
Glad to hear that, well most of us look forward to read your reports.
i agree the reports for me have two aims. Highlight the lesson's learned and bring the reader to enjoy the drive that did not attend. And in this report you nailed it. Maybe @AMounir should read it
Last edited by Phoenix on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagging Links Fixed
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

I will start my report like this....WE NEED TO GO BACK, I NEED TO BREAK THE "CURSE" @Rashidjass ... wtfsmilie whu

Was looking forward to the drive, as @Scorpio said the first climb is done on hard tyres, so you need to push it to make it. We got to the meeting point, I was following @Booy .
We had a short briefing, @Rashidjass said if he misses a crest he will go back to do it.... wtfsmilie . I had a passenger that had done a few drives with me, but never an intermediate drive. There was no convoy order, second lead was @Issa . We got going & on the very first dune there were a few second tries, me included. From the word go it was pedal to the metal... grin . The first few dunes i made small silly mistake (maybe i was not awake yet), but nothing serious. There was an awkward climb (well for me it was) that I struggled with, did a LOOOOOOOONG second try, engaged low range, did the climb, stopped quickly, back to high range & off again. We stopped for a short break, @Rashidjass & @SINGH came to me, asked if I was ok, because I was not driving like I normally do (thanx guys that means alot to me). @Rashidjass suggested to deflate a bit more on the back & after that things went better. My passenger commented at one stage that this is next level driving & he can see that it takes a lot of time to reach this level & skill. Somewhere in the drive I made an WTF moment, but manage to control it O_O , when I stopped @Booy pulled in next to me & said "I did not see that", I know he saw it because he was behind me grin .

The rest of the drive went fairly ok for me with no major issues, we got to a big climb & I explained to my passenger what were going to do. Coming down @Issa has a pop out, but we fixed it in no time & we were back on the road. We continued on with the drive with some more big climbs & the dune that haunts me...were a fellow driver had a bad moment, but after the third try I got it grin . We continued on, onto the catchment road, then back into the sand, then the "CURSE" struck pissed off wtfsmilie TT TT , I did a fairly easy climb & started sliding a bit, decided to bail & hit a small dune on my left.......pop out....front left....drove a bit to get the car in better position, then I heard...back left also popped... dark mood ka boom , again, double pop out. Second No Pain No Gain & again double pop out, that is why I say we need to go back so that I can break the "CURSE". Everybody jumped in & helped to fix the pop outs. Was not long before we were back, but we lost a lot of time.

It was another awesome drive, thank you @Rashidjass , thank you to everybody for helping.

Till we meet in the sand again, take care.

Greetings
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind