Relentless

Phoenix
Crew
Crew

Dear Members,

please post trip reports here for the intermediate drive RELENTLESS here.

Regards,
Phoenix.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

SameRaptoRed wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 pm This was one of the most enjoyable drives i made , thanks for every one person by person .
Every drive the brotherhood relation become more strong with all team , from founder to all members.
I want to thank @Agalon for the perfect lead , ( even he put me last car in the convoy 😂).
Thanks abu salem @alshamsi_m for all your inputs and karak tea 😋😋.
Sorry for@Barish for your car , nshalla will be fixed immediately .
I cant forgot @Rashidjass with his incredible skills , @presa for his support .
Thanks for all .
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Hi intermediates and above!

We had a great fun with this drive in Al Badayer / Al Madan area!!

I was with Agalon and Rashid and we had great fun following Agalon track, climbing and sidecresting all the big dunes from different sides!

We had a few 2nd tries, as expected and everyone was - 99% of the time - driving safely!

There were less than expected traffic in the area that allow our leader to play a lot before the sunset.

Next week we have CM so we invite the intermediates to come and show our new almosters all the love we have in Almost4x4, what makes us The Best Offroading Club in UAE!
Rooies
Intermediate
Intermediate

Get to the meeting point & you can join the drive...no problem until you get the PM wtfsmilie I had no clue what the coordinates was. I started working on them the next morning, google, google & more google but still nothing. Then I send @Agalon a message saying I will not be able to join the drive because I cannot figure out the coordinates TT TT . He asked me if I had a Garmin, the answer was there. I went to fetch it & started going through the position formats....easier said than done. Eventually I found something that looked like what I needed, punched in the numbers & found "the" meeting point. Send @Agalon a PM to confirm & hey gave me the thumbsup .

On my way to the meeting point I bumped into @Agalon at the fuel station, he told me if I can keep up I can follow him grin . I lost him on the highway once or twice, but eventually caught up. When we hit the sand he tried his best to loose me, we did not deflate so i was all over the place but managed to keep up.

We got to the meeting point long before the time, deflated & waited for the rest to arrive.

We had a short briefing & there were two convoys, @Agalon was taking our convoy with @Rashidjass & @presa looking after us. I was just behind @Johanna that was second lead. The track was nice & smooth but someplace there were heavy traffic in the past so it looked like a mine field. A few times @Agalon made short turns & steep climbs, I just laughed & trie dto get it right. There were traffic in the area as well, buggies & cars, people just driving without any flags, once a Pajero even joined the back of our convoy.

One stage @Agalon took a big knock & we stopped & checked the jeep, all was good & we continued again. There were a few second tries & only one stuck, other than that it was a very nice drive, the sunset was awesome as well as the cookies & coffee from @alshamsi .

Thank you to all the marshals & advance taking care of us & till we meet in the sand again, stay safe.

Greeting
Rooies
Nobody Gets Left Behind
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

I am glad to have all the intermediates figuring out the small riddle and making it for the drive. Congratulations 👍 Time to start to think for the next riddle 😁.
We had the support of our dear founder @alshamsi_m , and marshals @Rashidjass , @Barish and @presa . Also @Youssef.Abdelhady joined us as support.
We divided the convoy into 2 and headed our way. Plan was to shred the area from Badayer to Madam until 6:00 pm and we made it. Drive flow was good, and thankfully no cosmetic or mechanical issues in our convoy.
At the last group of dunes we had a coffee break with the other convoy. Sad to hear that Rocky had an unfortunate beating. I hope it gets fixed soon.
From that point onwards we merged the convoys and finished the drive following @alshamsi_m.
Thanks for all drivers that joined and supported. Hope to see you next time...
Last edited by Agalon on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
optimus
Marshal
Marshal

Hi All,

I was in a convoy that was initially planned to be led by @Barish but after 15 mins in the drive, unfortunately his car faced some technical glitch so the lead was changed to Bu Salem.

It was really fast. Indeed my first inter drive behind our founder. Drive was a combo of climbing, side cresting, arching and what not! There were few other groups playing in the same area and i remember one time a group tried to cross our convoy but their lead immediately changed the track when they saw a pack of super fast FJ’s shelling their way. Bu Salem was super charged. Once we were climbing and I asked myself if he can put these dunes on fire on fire in madam, imagine what he could do in areas like wagan and liwa. Our leader and the drive both were super charged up till the end so were us the followers. It was ultimate fun. I wanted to be non stop but good things as we know don’t last forever. Even due to the technical issues, we were able to finish the on time.

Relentless will be the drive, i would remember for a very long time in my life for all the good memories!

I was so happy that at the end I asked Bu Salem To hug me :) 🤗!

Thank a lot @Agalon for organizing this drive without which it was not possible to have such fun filled evening!

Optimus
Black FJ (The Godfather)
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

optimus wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:39 pm Hi All,

I was in a convoy that was initially planned to be led by @Barish but after 15 mins in the drive, unfortunately his car faced some technical glitch so the lead was changed to Bu Salem.

It was really fast. Indeed my first inter drive behind our founder. Drive was a combo of climbing, side cresting, arching and what not! There were few other groups playing in the same area and i remember one time a group tried to cross our convoy but their lead immediately changed the track when they saw a pack of super fast FJ’s shelling their way. Bu Salem was super charged. Once we were climbing and I asked myself if he can put these dunes on fire on fire in madam, imagine what he could do in areas like wagan and liwa. Our leader and the drive both were super charged up till the end so were us the followers. It was ultimate fun. I wanted to be non stop but good things as we know don’t last forever. Even due to the technical issues, we were able to finish the on time.

Relentless will be the drive, i would remember for a very long time in my life for all the good memories!

I was so happy that at the end I asked Bu Salem To hug me :) 🤗!

Thank a lot @Agalon for organizing this drive without which it was not possible to have such fun filled evening!

Reading your trip report makes me sad because I fully comprehend what i missed, I ones had a small glimpse of a supercharged Shamsi on redbull scouting an area for an upcoming drive but you got to see him full on supercharged for a complete drive. I am envious now.
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

Hello everyone,
Thanks Agalon for posting the trip, and thanks for all the marshals and @alshamsi_m who took some of their time to come and support,
@Barish we are all with you, hopefully Rocky will get back better than ever, thanks for taking the hit for us,
Was looking forward to see what Barish will do to us, unfortunately he never had the chance right after the warmup, Bu Salem took over and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area,
It's always great to meet the good old friends and enjoy the company, special thanks @rapailo and @Rooies for the clamps and for being ready for the apocalypse, we really can survive anywhere with what I saw we had with each one of us XD , @rapailo i owe you a working mat, hope you were not too attached to the old one.

see you all beautiful people in the next drive!
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 am Hello everyone,
Thanks Agalon for posting the trip, and thanks for all the marshals and @alshamsi_m who took some of their time to come and support,
@Barish we are all with you, hopefully Rocky will get back better than ever, thanks for taking the hit for us,
Was looking forward to see what Barish will do to us, unfortunately he never had the chance right after the warmup, Bu Salem took over and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area,
It's always great to meet the good old friends and enjoy the company, special thanks @rapailo and @Rooies for the clamps and for being ready for the apocalypse, we really can survive anywhere with what I saw we had with each one of us XD , @rapailo i owe you a working mat, hope you were not too attached to the old one.

@kareem.alameldin what do you mean with saying "and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area" to me it sounds like that area is not challenging enough for you
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
kareem.alameldin
Advance
Advance

giorgio wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:15 am
kareem.alameldin wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:10 am Hello everyone,

@kareem.alameldin what do you mean with saying "and in a typical Bu Salem way he managed to squeeze the most from the area" to me it sounds like that area is not challenging enough for you
Last drive was in Al Yahar, I think that answers your question.
we love you @Scorpio