Suspension for Wrangler JKU

Balu81

Hi Almoster,

I am thinking to upgrade the suspension on my Jeep Wrangler JKU. I am currently driving the basic fox shocks without reservoir which are not adjustable.

The main problem with those shocks is that I get a lot of Heavy hits I.e. driving over tire tracks or small bumps as they are pretty firm.

I heard good things about the falcon 3.3 piggybacks.

What are you guys driving and what are your experiences/recommendations?

As I am not an expert it would be interesting to get some information with respect to technical differences of high end suspensions and basic stuff. What makes a ride smooth? And how much money should I spend at least to get a good solution which gets me anywhere?

Best regards,
Julian
Last edited by Balu81 on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

@Abu Jimmy
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Saeed FJ
Advance
Advance

@giorgio I believe that you had a experience previously with the falcon.
Abu Madi
yellow FJ (Bumblebee)
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Balu81 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:47 pm Hi Almoster,

I am thinking to upgrade the suspension on my Jeep Wrangler JK. I am currently driving the basic fox shocks without reservoir which are not adjustable.

The main problem with those shocks is that I get a lot of Heavy hits I.e. driving over tire tracks or small bumps as they are pretty firm.

I heard good things about the falcon 3.3 piggybacks.

What are you guys driving and what are your experiences/recommendations?

As I am not an expert it would be interesting to get some information with respect to technical differences of high end suspensions and basic stuff. What makes a ride smooth? And how much money should I spend at least to get a good solution which gets me anywhere?

Best regards,
Julian
Hi buddy,

I run the falcons for over a year. It is an excellent investment and I would recommend them to anyone for a mid price shock with high performance output. They run around 6500 aed and it is the best value for money. There are several other members that uses them and they may provide further info.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

As value for money I would recommend the Falcons as well .
What goes around , comes around .
Balu81

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your support so far!

As many of the marshalls drive the kings coilover I was wondering what in general is the difference with respect to coilovers vs. Shocks like the falcons 3.3.

I would assume that coilovers are more durable as they are also used in racing. However thus this go allong that coilovers are stiffer? Or can you adjust them to also have a smooth ride. it would be interesting to get some insights with respect to the differences of coilover, Bypass shocks, dual tube, monotube etc. What makes sense in the dessert.

As I am running currently the fox mopar kit which is ok, I would go for a higher stage level as I would not only like to have a small improvement.

What do you think of radflo? Or are there even any differences between the big names like king, radflo, fox etc.

Thanks in advance!

Julian
Agalon
Marshal
Marshal

I have fox 2.0’s on my jk and so far, aside from being softer than i would prefer, i didn’t have any issues. I am planning to go for falcon 3.3’s also but only after the existing shocks do not perform anymore.
Higher level shock kits will surely give a performance but considering the weight of jk (not jku) they might be a bit of an overkill.

Just my 2 cents...
AGALON
/ Wrangler JK'18
Balu81

Agalon wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:03 pm I have fox 2.0’s on my jk and so far, aside from being softer than i would prefer, i didn’t have any issues. I am planning to go for falcon 3.3’s also but only after the existing shocks do not perform anymore.
Higher level shock kits will surely give a performance but considering the weight of jk (not jku) they might be a bit of an overkill.

Just my 2 cents...
Actually my car information was not precise, I do have a JKU.