New Constellation

radek

Hi guys!

It was such an amaizing trip, first barbeque and delicious food offered by everyone. You guys showed me whole new world of what you can do on a grill.

As @Shamsi said, the night in the desert was cold, and it was this type of coldeness which freezes you to your bones. Luckily we couldnt affort a longer sleep and had to go to the gas station before hitting the dunes so our freezenig night didnt last long.

After coming back with full tank, I was amazed by how well you are organised, in no time we were splitted in three convoys and the fun has stated.

The sand was bit wet what was making it harder and we were practicing curves. It didnt take long for me to get stuck and finally I had an opportunity to unpack my snatch rope and find out what is it for, one gentle pull and we were good to continue.

It was super fun but the best of it was my wife asking me for putting a lift on our jeep, thank you almost4x4 for that!

Owenfe

Good morning Everybody. *Sunday Trip Report day*

Our trip started in and ended in, Al Faqa, in a little loop through different sizes of dunes and different dry variants of sand.

We followed the Brazilian explorer, @presa We were shadowed and swept by the experienced @Abu Jimmy , and a lot of rescuing was done by the intermediate on call, @Gabor . Gentleman, thank you for your time, experience and wisdom.

This particular drive was super easy, as the sand was very hard. I was lucky enough to be the last vehicle and going over crests was easy as the front 4x4s pushed it flat, I did however have a lot more churned sand to deal with which was nice and soft, making it slightly challenging.

We did have to stop quite a lot more than usual. At the end of the day, its about the journey, not the destination. But the end of the ride was fun, as it was fast with lots of twists and turns.

Again we learned a lot, felt very safe, had a ton of fun and met even more like minded people. Thank you for everyone's time and effort, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Owen
Scorpio
Marshal
Marshal

Hello Everyone,

This drive was strategically placed to provide first hand opportunity to the new newbie members who have just earned their 1st star and are ready to start driving with us in the newbie drives. As expected, we had a many new members registered in this drive and the Marshalls made 3 convoys to accommodate all thumbsup .

At the meeting point, there was a big gathering; some came directly to the meeting point in the morning and some joined after camping the night before in the Meat & Greet camp. After the morning greetings and convoy structuring, I had @presa and @Barish leading two of the convoys and I was leading the third one. @Abu Jimmy was supervising presa’s convoy, @Rashidjass was with Barish and @alshamsi_m was with my convoy. The Advanced and Intermediate members were also distributed amongst these 3 convoys for support and rescue training.

It was a nice cool morning and we had a nice drive around the rally ring track. The convoy performed well and we had many learning opportunities on the way. There were second tries, crested cars, a mini rescue-the-marshall and a debrief by Bu Salem so, it was a great drive. I hope you all enjoyed your time in the sand.

Keep coming, keep learning and keep enjoying..

Cheers
Scorpio
Scorpio
+971 55 5804488
Drives a grey FJ 'Everest'
The race for excellence has no finish line!
Martin

I’d like to also thank the guys who helped organise and teach us newbies on this great learning drive.

I enjoyed the Al Faqa area where we drove. It’s like a playground of terrain and wasn’t too busy with other drivers, which was ideal for learning.

@presa took us on a great route with just the right amount of difficulty for me as a complete beginner. I think like everyone I am learning so much right now it’s almost impossible to remember it all. Cresting was a big focus of the drive this time and thanks to @Gabor for giving me a couple of tugs when my WK2 got stuck on the crest.

I think I now know what I did wrong on each occasion and can now move forward with more confidence. To me, it is finding the balance between having the confidence to let the car do some of the work but controlling the power so I’m not going too quickly when I go over the crest.

I am very thankful on this occasion that I had a very well made skid plate for my Grand Cherokee. Due to shifting soft sand under the hard top layer I on one occasion was forced off the line into a ditch at fairly high speed causing me to have to drive fairly aggressively to keep the momentum, going. I then hit the ditch exit with the off-side front of the skid plate which bent due to the impact. Without it, there would have surely been expensive damage to the car. Thanks to Machine Head in Al Quoz for doing such a great job.
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

I would like to say that this is the COOLEST drive in this season " Weather Wise " So officially we can say that winter started !! "

@Scorpio gave us a very good training day for the first-timers to climb up and do small drops. Although we teach RESCUE THE MARSHAL after the 10th drive, the weather was nice to demonstrate self-rescue if the car is sitting on the belly .

The group was doing very well and the flow was as expected. In no time, I was surprised to find out that time was up and we need to go back to the road.

I think I'll be having a new group of good friends like @dayerman & @radek .

Till next time, stay safe thumbsup
Shamsi
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

radek wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:43 pm

It was super fun but the best of it was my wife asking me for putting a lift on our jeep, thank you almost4x4 for that!

Priceless grin grin grin
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
thursday

Hello Everyone!

This was my first trip since a very long time ago. Regardless of all the reasons that kept me away from the sand, the important thing is that I'm back!
I would like to start by thanking the organizers and marshals for their support. And I would like to thank @Scorpio for accepting me in the drive.
Although I got used to more advanced drives, I really enjoyed the drive and it felt great to be back on the sand.
I will not go to the narration of the details of the day since I am late to write my report.
Instead, I would like to share the photos I've taken. But since I was the second lead of the convoy, I was not able to take as many photos as I would have loved to.

Photos link:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak91qy8CPVpqgad2I8z ... g?e=paDrp5

You can find in my signature a link to all the uploaded photos.

Enjoy!
Silver JKU

Photos Library: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ak91qy8CPVpq2lb8mb-QEeFFu3Ym