BFG KO2 load range grading

Kris_K

My love story with Yokohama Geolandar has ended after another side wall cut and another unnecesserily frustrating drive.
I will be saying goodbye to the Geos and search for the new set of tyres.

When I was replacing the stock Duellers a year ago, I wanted to go for either KO2s or Coopers AT3s, unfortunately, none was offering the size I wanted (275/70R16) => due to the lack of power, I did not want to increase the OD of the wheels and to buy the popular and available sizes.
Yokohama had Geos in the size I wanted.

Now the KO2s are available in my size too and decided to go for them and join the BFG gang ;)

Question: please clarify the BFG Load Range grading (A-E) and the best match for my LWB Y61.

Thanks
Abu Jimmy
Marshal
Marshal

Best to go for load range " C " if you find it , if not then " D " .
What goes around , comes around .
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Abu Jimmy wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:44 am Best to go for load range " C " if you find it , if not then " D " .
I agree with Abu Jimmy and would say take the KO2 without thinking that your car is under power because it is not . We have [mention]AbdulRahman[/mention] got it with 275 and [mention]Rooies[/mention] with 285 and both are happier now .

You have a heavy solid differential and you need strong side wall to hold it ...

Ardh Al Emarat Tyres Trdg LLC
Al Nahda Road - Sharjah
06 531 8218
+971508050970 - Hussain
https://maps.app.goo.gl/t5gCp

You can call Hussain and tell him that you are from Almost4x4, to check the aspects as Abu Jimmy mentioned and the prices or you can buy from wherever you want.

Good luck
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Kris_K

Thank you gents
AbdulRahman

I went from stock Bridgestone to Geos that only lasted for 3 drives before I moved to the BFGs (wish I listened to advice from [mention]alshamsi_m[/mention] earlier), couldn't be happier, the only thing I would change would be size, go for 285 directly, I'm running 275 and have noticed no change in power levels

They suit the weight of the patrol very well and look awesome , the other tires sidewalls were not happy aired down with all the weight of the car (and myself)
Kris_K

Thanks [mention]AbdulRahman[/mention] .
What size BFG exactly do you have now?
AbdulRahman

[mention]Kris_K[/mention] stock 275/65/17
VTC4800
Intermediate
Intermediate