Introduce yourself here, Please. Lets get to know each other

Phoenix
Crew
Crew

mpodroid wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:47 pm Hi all,

I am Marco.
I recently realised my childhood dream and purchased a Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon 2019.

I have almost all the important tools: air compressor, jack, kinetic rope, ARB deflator and flag.
I already had 6 trips offroad with a group of very kind seasoned offroaders: been stuck 4 times and had 3 pops out :-(

I hope to join you soon, but there is no members trip planned and the system does not let me register for a newbie trip.

Any chance to participate in a newbie trip?

PS I tried to update my car profile, but my data and car picture are not saved. The iOS application crashes.
Hey Marco,

Welcome to the club, as Tekton has mentioned here and I assume you have read the about our grading system ( https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4279 or https://almost4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=126 ) you join a CLUB MEMBER drive after which you can get the tools inspection done by any of the marshals present in the drive and get your first star eventually. After this, you can join our NEWBIE level drives as the club member drive is an essential one since we give a proper briefing on the basics of not just driving in the desert but most importantly driving in the desert in a safe manner.

we just had a club member drive last weekend but don't worry we organise club member drives every 4 to 6 weeks. Keep an eye on the UPCOMING TRIPS section for more club member drives in the near future.

See you in the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
radek

Hello all!

I am Radoslaw, originally from Poland, living in Dubai since late 2017.

I have bougth JKU recently. I would love to join You in the next first-joiners ride, learn my vehicle and meet some awesome people.

I am getting ready all the gear right now!

Cheers!
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

radek wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:09 pm Hello all!

I am Radoslaw, originally from Poland, living in Dubai since late 2017.

I have bougth JKU recently. I would love to join You in the next first-joiners ride, learn my vehicle and meet some awesome people.

I am getting ready all the gear right now!

Cheers!
Welcome buddy, sure thing. Go over the forum and the required tools. Cm drives usually been posted every 6 weeks. So keep your eyes to the forum for a Club member drive (CM drive). Then after the drive you can have a tool inspection from one of the marshal's and you can get your first star and start your off-road journey.

Looking forward to see you on the sand
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
AdrianUAE

Hi to you all, my name is Adrian, I am from Italy.
I was looking for a suitable club, I found you. and here I am.. ready to take the journey with you. ORLY
I always loved offroad drive and Overlanding. I recently bought a Jeep Wrangler.
I live here in the UAE (Dubai) since 2017.
Ps: when can I make the first introduction/newby drive?

Ciao ORLY
Phoenix
Crew
Crew

AdrianUAE wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:25 pm Hi to you all, my name is Adrian, I am from Italy.
I was looking for a suitable club, I found you. and here I am.. ready to take the journey with you. ORLY
I always loved offroad drive and Overlanding. I recently bought a Jeep Wrangler.
I live here in the UAE (Dubai) since 2017.
Ps: when can I make the first introduction/newby drive?

Ciao ORLY
Hi [mention]AdrianUAE[/mention] ,

welcome to the family. and congrats on your jeep.

now to start off, keep an eye on the upcoming trips section for club member dives as that is where all new members are required to start off. It is an introductory drive where we give detailed safety briefings and teach how to safely drive in the desert and then take all the drivers for an amazing drive.

ones you do that ad get all the required safetly tools, then you get your first star and can join all newbie drives as per the level.

again welcome to the family and see you on the sand.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Owenfe

Good afternoon Almost 4X4 community,

My name is Owen and I am looking forward to exploring the dunes with all of you. Can not wait for the first members drive and to start learning. I have been on many dune/ desert drives but believe me the things I learnt there were not correct he he he. Laura and I are not about the destination, but the adventure to get there..

I have been 4x4ing in South Africa for many years and am a pro at getting stuck... Cant wait.

Thank you hope you have some wonderful rides planned for this weekend.

PS. Thank you for all the information regarding what and where to purchase, I have saved so much time and money following your suggestions. I am in the market for a Viking rope or kit or two. if anyone has one to sell :)

Thank you

Regards

Owen and Laura
presa
Marshal
Marshal

Owenfe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm Good afternoon Almost 4X4 community,

My name is Owen and I am looking forward to exploring the dunes with all of you. Can not wait for the first members drive and to start learning. I have been on many dune/ desert drives but believe me the things I learnt there were not correct he he he. Laura and I are not about the destination, but the adventure to get there..

I have been 4x4ing in South Africa for many years and am a pro at getting stuck... Cant wait.

PS. Thank you for all the information regarding what and where to purchase, I have saved so much time and money following your suggestions. I am in the market for a Viking rope or kit or two. if anyone has one to sell :)

Thank you

Regards

Owen and Laura
Welcome Owen.

We recommend viking rope since will be better when needed.
AOR have a good one, as other manufacturers.
My choice is the one sold at the club since it is stronger, good stretch and last quite long. Mine is 2+ years being used over 100 times. Look for it at the bazaar area within the forum.
giorgio
Marshal
Marshal

Owenfe wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:41 pm Good afternoon Almost 4X4 community,

Thank you

Regards

Owen and Laura
Welcome to the club.
The Wolf is not concerned with the opinion of the sheep
TheBargeots
Club Member
Club Member

Hello
Name: Sebastien
Vehicle: Nissan Patrol 2.8LTDi6 (RD28Ti) with many mods and Buggy Tubular V8 5.7 L (L98).
Offroading: Since 2004 with different rigs

Thank you for accepting me on your board.
I present myself, Sébastien, I live in the south of France, passionate about 4x4 for many years, I own a Nissan Patrol (Safari) SWB with the engine (anemic) 2.8LTD6 (RD28Ti) and a tubular buggy under construction equipped with a Pontiac V8 5.7 L (L98) that will be dedicated to rock Crawling.
I am the Webmaster of a French-language Forum dedicated to the offroad extreme (Winch Challenge, Rock Crawling, Trial...) inspired by a well-known American forum (I don't put a link or a name because I don't know if I can do " advertising")

The question that some must ask themselves... What am I doing on a Forum like this?..

At the end of October (from 30/10 to 2/11), I stop over in the city of Dubai for a few days to visit this incredible City, and I would like to meet some local 4x4 riders and optimally also see some extreme preparations like those that can be found on video (Dragster race in the dune climbs with super powerful 4x4).
I like to do photo reports on the practices of the 4x4 in different places of the world and I would like to add Dubai to my list (I have already done Japan, Russia, Thailand...)

Bonjour
Merci de m'avoir accepté sur votre forum.
Je me présente, Sébastien, j'habite dans le sud de la France, passionné de 4x4 depuis de nombreuses années, je possède un Nissan Patrol (Safari) SWB avec le moteur (anémique) 2.8LTD6 (RD28Ti) ainsi qu'un buggy tubulaire en cours de construction équipé d'un Pontiac V8 5.7L (L98) qui sera dédié au Rock Crawling.
Je suis le Webmaster d'un Forum francophone dédié au Franchissement extrême (Winch Challenge, Rock Crawling, Trial...) inspiré par un forum Americain très connu (je ne mets pas de lien ni de nom car je ne sais pas si je peux faire de la "publicité")

La question que certains doivent se poser... Qu'est que je viens faire sur un Forum comme celui ci...

Fin Octobre (du 30/10 au 2/11), je fait escale sur la ville de Dubaï quelques jours pour visiter cette ville hors du commun, et j'aimerais rencontrer quelques pratiquants de 4x4 locaux et optimalement voir aussi quelques préparation extrêmes comme celles que l'on peut trouver en vidéo (course de Dragster dans les montées de dune avec des 4x4 surpuissants).
J'aime faire des reportages photos sur les pratiques du 4x4 dans les différents endroits du monde et j'aimerais ajouter Dubaï sur ma liste (j'ai deja fait le Japon, Russie, Thaïlande...)
Nadim
Club Member
Club Member

Hi All,

My name is Nadim. I am half Syrian and half German and I kive now for 21 years in the UAE. I'm absolutely new to driving in tge sand, hence I joined this club to learn and connect. I drive a Nissan Patrol (not the Super Safari). Looking forward to my first drive with you all at the Culb Memeber Drive that hopefully will happen soon. 😊