Salalah Adventure 2019

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear Members

After 6 rounds of Salalah trips with stack raised higher and higher, This trip has been upgraded to be called ADVENTURE!!! Driving to Salalah is one of the long drives we are doing in this club but most certainly worth the effort. If you are interested to see some rain & clouds in Summer so this is the right place. See the pictures & videos to understand what is coming this SUMMER.

Important Notes:

This is a paid drive as following:
• Driver 250 dhs.
• Passenger 150 dhs.
• Kid above 6 years old 75 dhs.
• Under 6 Free of charge.

- Last date for registration payment is 5/7/2019

- Last date to add more passengers is 10/7/2019

- If add passengers after the above date , still must pay but no goodies promise from our side

- Money can be PAID to any CREW MEMBER ... also you have to give the t-shirts size for you and your passengers

• This drive is for NEWBIE level and above (only 20 members).
• As mentioned above that we are going to charge for the trip so if the people who are in the main list didn't start paying before these dates. I will start moving them to MAYBE list to open vacancy for the others.
• We are going to go for hiking in some places so bring hiking gear if you would like to walk.
• We are going to swim in some places so bring swimming suits if you would like to swim.
• This is a long drive so bring Jerry Can unless you drive an FJ.
• Although this is a road trip, We are going to go Off-roading.
• Make sure that your car is in top condition.
• Club Members might join if the main convoy is not full.
======================================

TRIP'S SCHEDULE

The Drive to Salalah 15th Aug 2019

The meeting time will be 09:00 PM at Al Maha petrol station “Oman “ (leaving 09:30 SHARP). We will leave from Al Ain (Mazyad) border to Oman and expected to reach Salalah in the next day at NOON, where we are going to the hotel for a sleep and start our program the next day.

Accommodation – 16th. to 22nd. August (6 nights)

You have to arrange for your own accommodation, because as a club we can’t arrange it for you (all depends on your budget). I advise you that you start your booking NOW!!.

The Fun Drives in Salalah, 17-21 Aug 2019

We will provide you with a meeting point for the morning time, which is going to be 9:00 AM, you MUST have your supplies of food because our drives are going to be until SUNSET so there will be just few eating stops.

The Drive Back Home, 22nd Aug 2018

We will meet at 09:00 AM, then drive back home through Al Ain, where expected arrival is to be at 23:00.

======================================

FAQ :

OUR MEETING POINT IS AFTER THE BOARDER SO IF YOU REACH US THEN YOU SOLVED ALL THE FOLLOWING ISSUES .
Visa: There is a new regulation where you have to check with Omani embassy and it is the sole responsibility of the driver.
Financed car : We crossed with no issue regarding the NOC from the bank last year but the club can't assure you.
Trip Ticket: We crossed with no issue regarding Trip Ticket last year but the club can't assure you.

To register to this trip follow this LINK please

See you in SALALAH
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Seemal
Club Member
Club Member

How do I join?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Seemal wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 pm How do I join?
You are a Club Member so you don't have a STAR yet and the system will allow a NEWBIE or above.

Nevertheless, the club will open a C.M after Eid so you can join once you get your star.

All the best
Shamsi
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear members

If you booked in Salalah Helton it is not a good idea .. they removed the road infront of the hotel.

I will keep you updated

Cheers
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hello Adventurers,

hope all are ready for this years Salalah trip.
Even its still some time to go, please keep in mind the the payment needs to be done until 5.7.

Payment can be done to me, you will find me usually at every drive. Bank transfer is also possible, please contact me for the details either via pm on the forum or via telegram.

See you all in Salalah
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
kellyjelly
Club Member
Club Member

Hi,
I would like to join for this trip. It woudl be my first trip with your club, but not the first time out. I usually go with AbuDhabi 4x4. Is it possible to join this roadtrip as 1st time'er or does it require "Newbie+" level?
Najjarhuss
Club Member
Club Member

Hello,

I would like to join, but I suggest to reschedule the trip to make it in EID holidays which I believe it is the wish of the most offroaders joining.
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

kellyjelly wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:45 am Hi,
I would like to join for this trip. It woudl be my first trip with your club, but not the first time out. I usually go with AbuDhabi 4x4. Is it possible to join this roadtrip as 1st time'er or does it require "Newbie+" level?

Hi Kellyjelly,

this trip requires Newbie level, but we have a club member drive this coming Friday, 28.6.
Join the drive, let a Marshal check your tool and get your upgrade to Newbie level. thumbsup

Hope to see you in the sand.
BR, Johanna

If it excites you and scares you at the same time, it probably means you should do it.
Johanna
Golden Member
Golden Member

Najjarhuss wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:41 pm
Hello,

I would like to join, but I suggest to reschedule the trip to make it in EID holidays which I believe it is the wish of the most offroaders joining.
Hi Najjarhuss,

you are highly welcome to join our Adventure trip, but the trip requires newbie level. Join our club member drive this coming Friday, 28.6.19 get all required tools and you can join the Salalah trip. The date for this trip is already fixed and will not be re-scheduled.

See you hopefully at the club member drive have a nice day
BR, Johanna

Yazan Ali
Advance
Advance

alshamsi_m wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 pm Dear members

If you booked in Salalah Helton it is not a good idea .. they removed the road infront of the hotel.

I will keep you updated

Cheers
Hi Alshamsi

Any update for the hotel booking ?