Eid Al Fitr 2016

JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

Morning All,

We met under a tree just off the Sharjah - Kalba road, the tree providing much needed shelter from the mid afternoon heat!! There was much chit chat whilst we deflated and got the cars ready to move! The Intermmediates were still buzzing from what sounded like an awesome morning drive!
@alshamsi_m turned up with gifts for Eid, much appreciated, thank you! After a short briefing, telling us that the route would follow the first night drive of Ramadan to Fossil Rock, we set off in a mega convoy of 25+ cars!!

Thankfully the route wasn't exactly the same as the night drive, and was adapted to suit the daylight conditions with a lot more cresting. I was second in line so can't talk for those in the middle and back, but the drive seemed to flow very smoothly and at a decent pace, considering the size of the convoy. There were also very few situations we had to stop for, until we hit a section of trees, one of which found itself to be very close to one of the cars. A major rescue operation followed to anchor, winch and pull the car to stop it slipping sideways onto the tree. Rescue was completed with no damage to the car, or the tree so was a success!

We stopped a couple of km's further to re-group, and eat some lovely peaches and watermelon!

After the brief stop we had a quick road crossing and entered the dunes on our approach to Fossil Rock. I think around 15 cars left at this point.

We drove an easy track to Fossil to get there before we lost the light, and found a spot to watch the sun set and the moon rise behind the Rock, whilst sharing some Karak, Lemonade and various sweets. We stayed until around 9.30 then made our way out of the desert to the nearby petrol station to inflate and say our goodbyes!

In summary, a very enjoyable and social trip, thank you to @alshamsi_m for the lead, @Yoghybear for being Yoghy and doing what he does, and all the other advanced and Intermediate drivers that looked after us and kept us safe, providing advice and assistance as required.

Thanks to everyone for a great afternoon & evening, can't wait for the next drive!!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Hello Everyone

The Kids Were FLAT until 11 Am on Saturday morning :brigade.baka-wolf.c which means that they had a lot of fun the day before. I would say thanks for everyone for making this Eid another success but Also to Hamad & Salma for helping me to distribute the Eideah
" Brand New Home Printed 5 dhs " .
I hope you guys won't fall in trouble:Psmiley:

I would say that we had a great drive but the best part was sitting by the Fossil Rock . We had a very nice breeze with lovely chit chats & watching the sky. I was bit tired from the full day activities put I slept very happy with a big smile on my face.

Thanks for @Boya as my passenger , really enjoyed your chit chat and stories ... looking forward to see you in our drives.

Stay safe and see you all soon
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Boya

Hello Everyone.

That was my first drive with the group, as a passenger.[ATTACH=CONFIG]2985[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2986[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2987[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2988[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2989[/ATTACH]
Would like to say thanks to evereone, for amazing trip.
Thanks for @alshamsi_m, and his kids:have a nice day: for a nice drive, company and stories:045:.
Here is few photos of recovery.

Hope to see everyone in next drives!!
ZaheR
Intermediate
Intermediate

thank you almost for this drive.

easy track but enjoyable.

i was driving behind the chief [MENTION=1633]Yoghybear[/MENTION] in the rear of the convoy. and enjoyed watching him driving in 2WD with sand flying till my car.

i also enjoyed rescues specially the one that i had to use my winch :bouaaaaah:!!

see you soon almost family as i think next week there will be no drive for newbies and place for club members :-).
Mahnaz

Hello all

Hope you don't have copyright policy as I want to copy what [MENTION=11281]JockJKU[/MENTION] said :whistle::whistle:

just one thing to add is big thanks from my side to everybody for such a beautiful day. From Marshals to Advance and intermediate driver.[IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/webkit-fake ... 7/imagepng[/IMG][IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/webkit-fake ... 0/imagepng[/IMG]
Very special thanks from @ alshami_m for Eidi. It was looooong time that I didn't get any Eidi from anybody and I'm sure that this Eidi will bring Health,Happiness and MONEY to our homes. This is what we believe.

Hope to to see you all very soon.

Love is in the air with Almost 4x4 family [IMG]http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/webkit-fake ... a/imagepng[/IMG]
awais_300
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Almosters,

GOOD DAY!!

Starting the EID third day, getting up early in the morning and i was very excited that i am gona EID drvie with my family. My son specially very much excited as he was thinking to drive zig zang and then after the drive he will play with the sand as well.

At 3.30 meeting point we all reached there and we got edi From ALSHAMSI , as well as my son got a big eidi he is more excited then ever befoe. and 3.45 we start drive.

Tracks was easy and this drive was specially desinged for the family. i drived with my wife and son before drive my wife is thinking and afraid that it is may be advance drive but after few minutes of drive she feel comfortable and relaxed and enjoyed as much as she can as well as my son also enjoyed alot.

we enjoyed musics , chit chat , snacks and drinks in the car. After a long drive we stay behind the Fossil rock and stay till night and watching the stars and moon and chit chat ... Drinking Karak tea which made my day :D ....

In Short i enjoyed alot never before and waiting for eid al adha for drive again :)....
thank you to @alshamsi_m for the lead, @Yoghybear for being Yoghy and doing what he does, and all the other advanced and Intermediate drivers that looked after us and kept us safe, providing advice and assistance as required.

mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello all,

Thank you @alshamsi_m ,Marshals ,Advance and intermediate drivers for great drive and rescue operation.

Unfortunately i had to leave early since my pajero continue to have problem in gear shifting.

Here is a video of my car recovery and few pictures.

Can't wait for next drive.
See you soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2990[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2991[/ATTACH]

[video=youtube_share;S5s6FDCkOo8][/video]