Ramadan newbies night drives

alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Dear All

This year we are going to start a new activity which we used to provide for our advanced and intermediate members.

Since we focus on our Advanced/Intermediate in high night training during weekends . We are going to provide newbies night drives during the week days.

Generally we are going to do tracks and dunes mix not pure dunes. Of course for this kind of activity you need OFFROAD LIGHTS ... the more you can see the more you will comfortable with night drives.

For fainted harts, it is summer so expect the night crawlers which could be very interesting for others ;)

The timing is going to be from 9:30 until 12 am. Or more if you guys would like later on to sit down and have Sahoor

Now let us vote on which day should be

See you in the sand
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Red Baron
Intermediate
Intermediate

Sounds exciting. Can this be on thursdays, so we can goto work...
R.B
Saifarif
Club Member
Club Member

Sounds awesome [MENTION=27]alshamsi_m[/MENTION]!

For some of us who are not equipped with night lights already, I stumbled upon a review of ANNT LED lights on The Fast Lane Car - link below.

Decent reviews on Amazon as well however, not sure if this can be purchased locally.

Price: ~USD 40 (excluding shipping)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySbhq_z ... kva6gmniiK
http://www.amazon.com/Flood-Combo-Water ... B00HNP91VO
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi [MENTION=11364]Saifarif[/MENTION],
you can buy off-road lights in many shops in Dubai as well as in Dragon Mart. The model you linked I think you can get directly from Dragon Mart.

Before buying, I would suggest to join the club for your first club-member drive. There you will have the chance to meet the other members and you can see what they have installed as well as ask for suggestions/feedbacks on what to install on your car.

All the best!
Saifarif
Club Member
Club Member

Hi [MENTION=10663]dLemma[/MENTION],

i don't know why i keep forgetting Dragon Mart exists :P

I've actually done my first drive with the club, just need to get the remaining items of my recovery gear checked off by the Marshall and hopefully should have the "Newbie" status in time for the Ramadan night drives.

Cheers!
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

[quote=Saifarif;47414]Hi @dLemma,

i don't know why i keep forgetting Dragon Mart exists :P

I've actually done my first drive with the club, just need to get the remaining items of my recovery gear checked off by the Marshall and hopefully should have the "Newbie" status in time for the Ramadan night drives.

Cheers![/quote]

Hi [MENTION=11364]Saifarif[/MENTION],
if you have already bought the remaining items, pls contact the marshall who checked your tools and arrange with him to get the clearance to get your first star :)
You can also ask the marshall for his suggestions on desert lights :)
See you soon!
Alok708

Wow! That's an amazing idea. I always wanted to learn how to drive in desert in night. However opportunity never presented itself. I was too scared to experiment on my own.

Now under the able guidance and watchful eyes of Almost4x4 marshals, I guess this would be the perfect opportunity.

Thanks Bu Salem and all other marshals.

Cheers!
Alok
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=Alok708;47416]Wow! That's an amazing idea. I always wanted to learn how to drive in desert in night. However opportunity never presented itself. I was too scared to experiment on my own.

Now under the able guidance and watchful eyes of Almost4x4 marshals, I guess this would be the perfect opportunity.

Thanks Bu Salem and all other marshals.

Cheers!
Alok[/quote]

In the night drives there is one NEW factor - the shadow :patapon: :

1. Out off the lights range ( You can't see in the dark ).:whut:
2. Partially under the light ( Shadows might look bigger ). :you're kidding, rig
3. Covered with Wrong lights or Wrong angle ( Flat Vision with no Shadows at all ):whut:
4. With the right lights and angle ( It is so much fun specially avoiding the heat):thumbsup:
JockJKU
Club Member
Club Member

50" KC Hilites Light bar is bought, installation on the 5th ready for the night drives!

I cannot wait!!! Thank you marshals!!!!
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

[quote=JockJKU;47421]50" KC Hilites Light bar is bought, installation on the 5th ready for the night drives!

I cannot wait!!! Thank you marshals!!!![/quote]

Talk to your boss and make your schedule free on Wednesdays :yarr: