Dual battery install...recommendations/experience

Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hi All,

I'm planning on installing a dual battery system in my patrol pickup. I've purchased the REDARC BCDC1240 battery charger which will allow for solar input.

Has anyone done this or has experience? Where in Dubai is a reputable place to install? I'm looking for a quality auto electrician who won't cut corners.

Advice/suggestions welcome

Adam
mahesh_bmj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Hello Adam,

how is your solar charger going on? im also planning to put a large battery in Pajero to connect one more air pump.
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Adam;46355 wrote:Hi All,

I'm planning on installing a dual battery system in my patrol pickup. I've purchased the REDARC BCDC1240 battery charger which will allow for solar input.

Has anyone done this or has experience? Where in Dubai is a reputable place to install? I'm looking for a quality auto electrician who won't cut corners.

Advice/suggestions welcome

Adam
Hi [MENTION=10405]Adam[/MENTION],
have you been able to find a quality auto electrician to install the double battery system? If so, may I ask you who?

Thanks,
dLemma
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Good morning Gentlemen,

Sorry that I have only now come back you on this now. I am having trouble finding a reliable auto electrician that will do a job to my standards. I may actually do it myself to be honest.
[MENTION=10663]dLemma[/MENTION] - what is the purpose of your dual bat setup?
dLemma
Intermediate
Intermediate

Adam;47344 wrote:Good morning Gentlemen,

Sorry that I have only now come back you on this now. I am having trouble finding a reliable auto electrician that will do a job to my standards. I may actually do it myself to be honest.
@dLemma - what is the purpose of your dual bat setup?
Hi [MENTION=10405]Adam[/MENTION],
I'm not looking for a dual battery setup right now, I'm more interested to know the name of a good auto electrician.

Dual battery might come in future, as I'm planning to buy a portable fridge and in the future I might as well install a winch.
But for the moment I only have additional desert lights and the single battery should suffice. When it will show signs that is dying, i will probably replace it with an Optima or similar, no need for the moment.
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Understood - I will be going down the following route - primary battery (Cranking battery only)
Secondary - possibly 2 deep cycle batteries in parallel controlled by my redarc bcdc1240.