Viking Rope

M7md
Club Member
Club Member

Hello everyone,

I've seen the viking rope mentioned many times in the forums from Almost Garage. I gave them a call a few days back and asked about the capacity, and they told me it was 3 tons?

I don't think that's enough for a pickup/truck, how are many of you using it? I might have heard him wrong.

Thanks for the help :)
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

M7md;47006 wrote:Hello everyone,

I've seen the viking rope mentioned many times in the forums from Almost Garage. I gave them a call a few days back and asked about the capacity, and they told me it was 3 tons?

I don't think that's enough for a pickup/truck, how are many of you using it? I might have heard him wrong.

Thanks for the help :)
Its 14.2 Ton which makes it the strongest by far from anyone in the market .... we even made the 20 ton but it was bulky.

These are the aspects:

- Kinetic Viking Rope, canvas cover on both eyes
- 23 feet
- 28 Millimeters
- 14,200 kg (breaking point)
- Nylon
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

On the Viking Offroad website they state the following:

• 3/4" x 30' (19mm x 9m) Tow Rope / Kinetic Recovery Rope; MBS: 17,500 lbs. (8t) (Made in USA)
  • 1" x 30' (25mm x 9m) Tow Rope / Kinetic Recovery Rope; 33,500 lbs. (15.2t) (Made in USA)
Are these the same ropes that you are talking about?

Booy
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi Adam,

No, the ALMOST4X4 viking rope is not the USA made one that you are referring to.
@Booy

Blue FJ Cruiser, with an Atlas on the door
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

Booy;47041 wrote:Hi Adam,

No, the ALMOST4X4 viking rope is not the USA made one that you are referring to.

Oh....so who makes is 'viking' rope then?
alshamsi_m
Founder
Founder

Adam;47043 wrote:Oh....so who makes is 'viking' rope then?

The Viking rope is simply Nylon ship rope ... it so happend that we found how to buy the full bundle and fabricate it to our need. So far it is the best in the sand and our marshals use it and never accept anything else..specially in Liwa.
Adventurous League of Mountains, Oceans and Sand Thrills
Jerome74

Hello, I can check with my supplier from my company (offshore marine vessels) if i can get one reel (in general 200 m) and at what price, after need skill for the the end splice....It's existing a lot of different marine ropes with different extension coefficient and quality....will keep u informed...brgds....
Congratulations to all new Intermediate Almosters....
Adam
Intermediate
Intermediate

alshamsi_m;47263 wrote:The Viking rope is simply Nylon ship rope ... it so happend that we found how to buy the full bundle and fabricate it to our need. So far it is the best in the sand and our marshals use it and never accept anything else..specially in Liwa.
Ohh I've heard about this. Actually I've seen tow trucks in the US use Samson rope. High quality stuff. I had a look at their website and this link gives really useful information about ropes in general (for those of us who are nerd inclined...present company included)

http://www.samsonrope.com/Documents/Rop ... al_WEB.pdf